Re: Star orbs

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Ariondys" <ariondys@h...> wrote:

      > > You must be using orbs that are wider than mine. I use 1 00' orbs
      > for fixed-star aspects (conjunctions only; I haven't seen enough
      > evidence about parallels to figure out whether I should start using
      > them, too).
      > >
      > > Mark A. Holmes
      >

      > I would agree here. My star vocabularly is weak, and I want to get
      > to know them before I would get onto parallels.
      >
      > That being said, a 1 degree orb for all of them is probably
      > incorrect. Powerful stars could use a wider orb. I missed important
      > stars like this, and misread a character. It has cost me.

      I know I have Vesta conjunct Khambalia (Lambda Virginis) using a
      1-degree orb; using Joseph Rigor's orb for Khambalia (1 30') I also
      have Mars conjunct it. I don't believe I have enough experience with
      fixed stars yet to decide whether I should use wider orbs or not.
      Maybe this relatively conservative approach will end up working out
      for me, though.

      > I have a friend who uses the stars to read charts without using
      > signs, houses, or anything that I can see. A fresh aries burst of
      > creativity of getting back to the sky and away from 2d charts. I
      > don't know how she does it, and I don't seem to get along with her
      > mentor.
      >
      > She told me MO conjuncted Antares. But they are seperated by over 2
      > 1/4 degrees. I would've missed it almost any way "I" looked at it.
      > It missed by parans too.
      >
      > Antares: "the Heart of the Scorpion"
      > General influence of the star: It causes malevolence,
      > destructiveness, liberality, broad-mindedness, evil presages and
      > danger of fatality and makes its natives rash, ravenous, headstrong
      > and destructive to themselves by their own obstinacy. (Robson).
      >
      > It turns an otherwise unreliable chart maybe making mistakes, into a
      > pugnacious money swindler. The rising of the last quarter of the
      > moon brought her mom to her door, where she was an easy intercept for
      > me, because the cops took her that afternoon to spend the night in
      > jail. I have the facts now.
      >
      > In her defence she would've believed her father was coming to the
      > rescue(rSA ^ rCirce) but not this time(dSA ^ rHA), and in a major
      > release pattern too. It's pretty ugly what its going to take for
      > this crack head to learn not to lie to someone like me. I will give
      > her what's coming. More story to come yet, moon's not done.

      I also have Moon conjunct Antares, and I've never tried to con
      anybody, but when I get really interested in something (say, asteroid
      research) I can be pretty energetic about it; maybe this aspect has
      something to do with my tastes in art, music, and literature as well.
      I like hard rock; authors like Bret Easton Ellis and H.P. Lovecraft;
      artists like Dali, Francis Bacon, Goya, and Albrecht Durer; and horror
      movies. While I think that the notorious Super Bowl half-time show
      with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake was probably inappropriate
      (that breast-baring stunt was sprung on people, and they should have
      known that a lot of viewers wouldn't have appreciated it), I'm also
      suspicious of this zeal some people have to sanitize the airwaves and
      the culture.

      My Moon is also conjunct Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), so I think I can
      appreciate the value of choosing one's company so as not to create
      problems for oneself. This woman probably needs help, but, you don't
      have to deal with her behaviors; let those who are equipped to handle
      them do so.

      Mark A. Holmes
    • wyf.of.bathe
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
        [I also have Moon conjunct Antares, and I've never tried to con
        anybody, but when I get really interested in something (say, asteroid
        research) I can be pretty energetic about it; maybe this aspect has
        something to do with my tastes in art, music, and literature as well.
        I like hard rock;....]

        my nodes align with antares/4th (south) and aldebaran/10th (north), less than a degree.  they seem to function like portals to information during transit(conj) and i experience them as neutral.
        visually i can become easily mesmerized when viewing antares.

        the march 3 occultaton of antares by moon should be interesting per your conjunction.

        fritzy

        http://hertale.blogspot.com/

        Do you Yahoo!?