Re: Ravers, lasers and eye problem stars

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2008
      Interesting.

      Thanks.

      <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25675477/?GT1=43001>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id
      > /25675477/?GT1=43001
      >
      > what totally convinced me to send it here was this sentence:
      >
      > "Cosmic Connection, promoters of the Aquamarine rave, were
      unreachable and
      > did not list contact numbers on their Web site."
      >
      > ...cosmic connection?? :)
      >
      > barbara nowak, woman who walks with RAMs

      ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
      > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
      > DKR reply:
      >
      > Thank you for sending this!
      >
      > Years ago as I was starting to research fixed stars I made a file in
      table
      > format to keep track of what stars might be associated with
      blindness and/or
      > eye problems, (there are several that traditionally are, but I wanted to
      > check out the whole thing, thoroughly)
      >
      > Eyeballing the ephemeris for planet positions on the date of the
      event (July
      > 5, '08) I was puzzled, because I didn't see any positions that
      matched the
      > highest-scoring stars I had on my list; but I noticed that the
      Mars-Saturn
      > cnj, which wasn't yet complete, was nevertheless closing a square to the
      > highest-scoring blindness stars of all - those of the Hyades Cluster
      at 4-6
      > Gemini. Now, I don't usually consider aspects to stars because I
      want to
      > keep everything simple and direct, and that might confuse and muddle the
      > messages, but there are, indeed, times when aspects (besides
      conjunctions)
      > to the stars work, and this is a beautiful example!
      >
      > The day of the Festival was July 5 (no time given for the start), at
      Kirsach
      > (Kirzac), which Solar Fire has at 56N09, 38E52;
      > Mars that day was 2 - 2.5 Virg, Saturn 4.52-4.58 Virgo. Using the
      Kirsac
      > coordinates, I ran a chart for the exact Mars-Saturn cnj that took place
      > just 5 days later, July 10, 2008, 6:11 PM GMT (this was about the
      time the
      > Moscow health officials realized that there was a rash of major eye
      > problems resulting from the laser show).
      >
      > The conjunction was at 5 Virgo 26. The Hyades Cluster (which is in the
      > Bull's muzzle, very close to the ecliptic), runs from about 4 to 6
      Gemini!

    • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2008
        Interestingly, the following is what Starlight gives for Kirzac that day -

        HELIACAL RISING STAR
        Aldebaran - Rising 91 mins 38 secs before Sunrise

        HELIACAL RISING STAR
        Fomalhaut - Rising 93 mins 42 secs before Sunrise

        HELIACAL SETTING STAR
        Arcturus - Setting 02 mins 32 secs before Sunrise.