Ceres

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2008
      Ceres

      Mark sent

      > Ceres
      >

      > *FT Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variable)

      foot (units of measurement?)

      > *Pazmino's Cluster (Stock 23 Camelopardalis)

      I think I might have posted on this before

      > *AM Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)

      having to do with talk radio

      > *The Little Queen (Harrington STAR 25 Draconis; a small asterism
      > surrounded by Chi, Phi and Upsilon Draconis that looks somewhat like
      > Cassiopeia)

      a pampered little girl or young teenager making the news?

      > *Sceptrum (53 Eridani; the chief star of the obsolete constellation
      > Sceptrum Brandenburgicum [the Scepter of
      > Brandenburg])
      >
      > *Adid Borealis (Delta Persei)
      >
      > *Adid Media (Nu Persei)
      >
      > *Menchib (Xi Persei)
      >
      > *California Nebula (NGC 1499 Persei; diffuse nebula)

      obscure vision on the subject of California?

      > *Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri)
      >
      > *Crystal Ball Nebula (NGC 1514 Tauri)

      trying to see into the future
      ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

      To me, the Perseus connections are the most meaningful, because
      Perseus is "The Rescuer" and Ceres has to do with food - there have been
      major news stories about the attempts to help the storm victims in
      Myanmar (Burma) and China's quake victims, etc, as well as looming
      world-wide food shortages

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2008
        <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

        > Mark sent
        >
        > > Ceres

        > > *Adid Borealis (Delta Persei)
        > >
        > > *Adid Media (Nu Persei)

        Arabic/Latin = (respectively) "northern one" and "middle one of the
        upper arm" (of the Pleiades)

        > > *Menchib (Xi Persei)

        Arabic = shoulder, collarbone

        > > *California Nebula (NGC 1499 Persei; diffuse nebula)
        >

        > obscure vision on the subject of California?
        >

        > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

        > Perseus is "The Rescuer" and Ceres has to do with food - there have
        been
        > major news stories about the attempts to help the storm victims in
        > Myanmar (Burma) and China's quake victims, etc, as well as looming
        > world-wide food shortages

        And, California, which grows a lot of America's vegetables, was one of
        the first places looked at as the source of those
        salmonella-contaminated raw tomatoes that have also been in the news,
        but apparently the tomatoes didn't come from California.

        Also: Ceres = family life. Legal same-sex marriages are about to
        commence in California, and while some people think they are trying to
        "rescue" marriage from inclusion of same-sex couples in the
        institution, others want to rescue (same-sex) marriage from the
        self-appointed "rescuers."