Attention, everybody

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2008
      This group is now a Restricted group, that is, I am now going to
      approve all requests to join. Anyone who leaves and then wants to
      return or anyone who wants to join in the future will now have to
      leave a message saying why they want to join. Just something simple
      like "I'm interested in the study of fixed stars" or "I was away for a
      while and would like to rejoin," anything that will let me know that
      you're not joining the group to spam it. I'm tired of spammers joining
      just to post ads about "handsome and cool bikers," online porn,
      discount medicines or whatever. That's why I made this change. It's a
      pain in the butt to have to delete spammers' messages and ban them
      from my groups all the time. It looks like some of you are getting
      tired of the spam, too.

      (BTW: if you get banned from any of my groups, for spamming or making
      trouble, you will be banned from all of the groups I own.)

      Have a nice day.