Fixed star alignments (June 8, 2008)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2008
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
      orb).

      Jupiter

      Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)

      *SS433 (V1343 Aquilae; an unusual X-ray binary star)

      *BY Draconis

      *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

      Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)

      Saturn

      Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete constellation Felis the Cat)

      T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)

      *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

      Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has planets)

      *Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)

      Uranus

      Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)

      Simmah (Gamma Eridani)

      Sadalpheretz (Lambda Pegasi)

      Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete constellation Solarium the Sundial)

      Neptune

      Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)

      Bunda (Xi Aquarii)

      Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)

      Sador (Gamma Cygni)

      *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

      Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)

      Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)

      Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)

      Pluto

      *Baraka (Xi Herculis)

      Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is sometimes shown holding in his
      hand, sometimes Cerberus)

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

      Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)

      Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)

      DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Eris

      Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)

      Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      Ceres

      *BY Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      *Tsze (Lambda Columbae)

      *Betelgeuse (Alpha Orionis)

      *CN Orionis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Polaris (Alpha Ursae Minoris)

      *The Diamond Ring (Harrington STAR 1 Ursae Minoris; a small asterism near Polaris)

      Pallas

      *Adhil (Xi Andromedae)

      *Keun Nan Mun Primus (Phi Andromedae)

      *Hamal (Alpha Arietis)

      *Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)

      *IC 10 X-1 (Cassiopeiae)

      *Phycochroma (Delta Ceti)

      *M-77 (Ceti; maser with excessive infrared emissions)

      *Lucida Doradus (Alpha Doradus; the brightest star, or lucida, of Dorado the Mahimahi)

      *Metallah (Alpha Trianguli)

      Juno

      *Stingray Nebula (Henize 3-1357 Arae)

      *Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)

      *Little Ghost Nebula (NGC 6339 Ophiuchi)

      *Cheerio Nebula (NGC 6337 Scorpii)

      Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

      *Pismis 24 (Scorpii)

      Vesta

      *Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

      *VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)

      *Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      Chiron

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      16 Cygni B (has a planet)

      Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      S Doradus

      Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus was Phoenicopterus, the
      Flamingo)

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      North Node

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      *Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      *Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      16 Cygni B (has a planet)

      *Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      *The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; an asterism around 29 Cygni composed mostly of blue stars that is said to resemble an emu, with a red star in its neck)

      S Doradus

      Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus was Phoenicopterus, the
      Flamingo)

      *IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      South Node

      Ras Elased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)

      Ras Elased Borealis (Mu Leonis)

      *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

      Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009

        > As of midnight GMT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today
        (with a 1 00'
        > orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)
        >
        > *SS433 (V1343 Aquilae; an unusual X-ray binary star)

        taking some kind of stand

        > *BY Draconis

        "bye" (Hillary?)

        > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

        obscured views of marriage?

        > Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)

        the heart of a showoff

        > Saturn
        >

        > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete constellation
        Felis the Cat)

        > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

        covered?

        > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has planets)
        >
        > *Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)
        >
        > Simmah (Gamma Eridani)
        >
        > Sadalpheretz (Lambda Pegasi)
        >
        > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete constellation Solarium
        the Sundial)

        > Neptune
        >

        > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
        >
        > Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
        >
        > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
        >
        > Sador (Gamma Cygni)
        >
        > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

        mischievous

        > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
        >
        > Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)
        >
        > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > *Baraka (Xi Herculis)

        Arabic = blessed

        > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is sometimes shown
        holding in his
        > hand, sometimes Cerberus)
        >
        > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
        >
        > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *BY Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
        >
        > *Tsze (Lambda Columbae)
        >
        > *Betelgeuse (Alpha Orionis)
        >
        > *CN Orionis (cataclysmic variable)

        something toxic (CN = the cyanide ion)

        > *Polaris (Alpha Ursae Minoris)

        long-standing principles, misfortune

        > *The Diamond Ring (Harrington STAR 1 Ursae Minoris; a small asterism
        near Polaris)

        marriage and family issues

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Adhil (Xi Andromedae)
        >
        > *Keun Nan Mun Primus (Phi Andromedae)

        immigration issues on our southern border?

        > *Hamal (Alpha Arietis)
        >
        > *Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae)
        >
        > *IC 10 X-1 (Cassiopeiae)
        >
        > *Phycochroma (Delta Ceti)