Re: [thefixedstars] Fixed star alignments (June 1, 2008) - Peacock

  • sisterbellabee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      In a message dated 6/1/2008 8:57:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
      orb).

      Jupiter

      Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)

      Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae)

      Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

      Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)

      Dear Mark, you might find this article of interest, recently here at the Oregon Zoo:

      "Zoo officials announced Friday that they plan to put the resident peacocks and peahens up for adoption to suitable rural homes -- just as soon as keepers can catch the wily, free-roaming birds."

      Jupiter was also directly aspected by midpoints:  Sun/Saturn, Mercury/Nodes and Mars/Pluto.

      Sincerely, Sherri

      Merrill's Star (M 1-67 Sagittae; a protoplanetary nebula)

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, sisterbellabee@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 6/1/2008 8:57:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        > mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today
        (with a 1
        > 00'
        > orb).
        >
        > Jupiter
        >
        > Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)
        >
        > Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae)
        >
        > Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)
        >
        > Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)
        >
        > Dear Mark, you might find this article of interest, recently here
        at the
        > Oregon Zoo:
        >
        > "Zoo officials announced Friday that they plan to put the resident
        peacocks
        > and peahens up for adoption to suitable rural homes -- just as soon
        as keepers
        > can catch the wily, free-roaming birds."

        _http://www.oregonlive.com/living/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/living/121
        22043167
        > 6690.xml&coll=7_

        (http://www.oregonlive.com/living/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/living/121
        220431676690.xml&coll=7)

        > Jupiter was also directly aspected by midpoints: Sun/Saturn,
        Mercury/Nodes
        > and Mars/Pluto.

        Thanks.

        Is that "heart of a peacock" or "heart for a peacock" in this case?

        Mark A. Holmes
      • sisterbellabee@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          In a message dated 6/2/2008 3:26:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
          Is that "heart of a peacock" or "heart for a peacock" in this case?
          Dear Mark, well I don't know.  But here is the data for a lady, who had kept peacocks on her farm at one point, along with a multitude of fine feathered friends, as well as goats and other farm friends.  She tends several head of longhorn cattle too:

          Female Chart
           Dec 25 1947, 1:50 am, PST +8:00
           Klamath Falls Oregon 42°N13'30'' 121°W46'50''

          I'm not familiar with the peacock constellation, but if Jupiter is transiting its heart, it appears to be a well aspected area of her horoscope, let me know if you think so.

          Sincerely, Sherri

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
            She has Pavo occupying most of her 3rd house (using Vivian Robson's
            coordinates) and Juno aligned with Cor Pavonis.

            Something else about Jupiter transiting the longitude of the star at
            the heart of the Peacock: Tata Motors (an Indian company) just
            acquired Jaguar from Ford. The national bird of India is the peacock.

            Mark A. Holmes