Fixed star alignments (May 25, 2008)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 26 9:15 AM
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (with a 1 00'
      orb).

      Jupiter

      Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)

      Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae)

      Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

      Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)

      Merrill's Star (M 1-67 Sagittae; a protoplanetary nebula)

      Saturn

      *Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete constellation Felis the Cat)

      T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)

      Megrez (Delta Ursae Majoris)

      Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has planets)

      Uranus

      Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)

      Simmah (Gamma Eridani)

      *Sadalpheretz (Lambda Pegasi)

      Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete constellation Solarium the Sundial)

      Neptune

      Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)

      Bunda (Xi Aquarii)

      Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)

      Sador (Gamma Cygni)

      Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)

      Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)

      Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)

      Pluto

      Tao Shou (Theta Arae)

      Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is sometimes shown holding in his
      hand, sometimes Cerberus)

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

      Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

      Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)

      Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)

      Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and Trifid Nebulas plus the
      star cluster M-21)

      Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

      DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Eris

      Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)

      Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      Ceres

      *Capella (Alpha Aurigae)

      *QZ Aurigae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Phact (Alpha Columbae)

      *TX Columbae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Arneb (Alpha Leporis)

      *Mintaka (Delta Orionis)

      *Hatsya (Iota Orionis)

      *Thabit (Upsilon Orionis)

      *S Orionis

      *Ensis (M-42 Orionis, the Great Nebula in Orion)

      *Alnath (Beta Tauri)

      Pallas

      *Mira (Omicron Ceti)

      *Angetenar (Tau-2 Eridani)

      *109 Piscium (has a planet)

      *TY Piscium (cataclysmic variable)

      Juno

      *Choo (Alpha Arae)

      *Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)

      *Melquarth (Mu Herculis)

      *Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae, the brightest star of Mensa the Table Mountain)

      *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)

      *Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)

      Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

      *Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)

      Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)

      *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii; a pulsar)

      Vesta

      *Gladius Frederici (Iota Andromedae; marks the sword part of Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick, an obsolete constellation)

      *UV Ceti

      *Nu Fornacis

      *DK Lacertae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Babcock's Star (HD 215441 Lacertae)

      Chiron

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      16 Cygni B (has a planet)

      Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      S Doradus

      Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus was Phoenicopterus, the
      Flamingo)

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      North Node

      *LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      *16 Cygni B (has a planet)

      Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)

      Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      South Node

      *Ras Elased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)

      *Ras Elased Borealis (Mu Leonis)

      *Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)

      *Pherkad (Gamma Ursae Minoris)

      *Pherkad Minor (11 Ursae Minoris)

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2008

        > As of midnight GMT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today
        (with a 1 00'
        > orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)
        >
        > Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae)
        >
        > Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)
        >
        > Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the Peacock's heart)
        >
        > Merrill's Star (M 1-67 Sagittae; a protoplanetary nebula)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > *Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete
        constellation Felis the Cat)

        being used

        > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Megrez (Delta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has planets)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)
        >
        > Simmah (Gamma Eridani)
        >
        > *Sadalpheretz (Lambda Pegasi)
        >
        > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete constellation Solarium
        the Sundial)

        > Neptune
        >

        > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
        >
        > Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
        >
        > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
        >
        > Sador (Gamma Cygni)
        >
        > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
        >
        > Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)
        >
        > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
        >
        > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is sometimes shown
        holding in his
        > hand, sometimes Cerberus)
        >
        > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
        >
        > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and Trifid Nebulas
        plus the
        > star cluster M-21)
        >
        > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

        maybe something arachnid-related, or possibly related to Internet
        crime

        > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Capella (Alpha Aurigae)

        http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Capella.html

        "It gives honor, wealth, eminence, renown, a public position of trust
        and eminent friends, and makes its natives careful, timorous,
        inquisitive, very fond of knowledge and particularly of novelties."
        (Robson)

        "love of learning, studiousness and interest in research....
        persistent, annoying and inquisitive curiosity...
        somewhat odd..." (Ebertin)

        > *QZ Aurigae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Phact (Alpha Columbae)
        >
        > *TX Columbae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Arneb (Alpha Leporis)
        >
        > *Mintaka (Delta Orionis)

        "It gives good fortune." (Robson)

        General influence of the Cingula Orionis (Orion's Belt):

        "The joint influence is to give strength, energy, industry,
        organizing abilities, notoriety, good fortune, lasting happiness, a
        sharp mind and a good memory." (Robson).

        "Good fortune as regards the growing of grain crops. Passionately
        devoted to hunting, but not noble hunting with falcon or bow.
        Excellent fishermen. Treacherous, irreligious. All kinds of
        dangers." (Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990).

        > *Hatsya (Iota Orionis)
        >
        > *Thabit (Upsilon Orionis)
        >
        > *S Orionis
        >
        > *Ensis (M-42 Orionis, the Great Nebula in Orion)

        "It causes blindness, defective sight, injuries to the eyes, sickness
        and a violent death." (Robson)

        > *Alnath (Beta Tauri)

        "It gives fortune, eminence and neutrality for good or evil."
        (Robson)

        "...reputed to be an indication of success." (Larousse Encyclopedia
        of Astrology)

        "Since Mars (the ruler of this star) is not only the planet of war
        but of surgery, engineering, iron and steel generally, El Nath will
        show practical skill in all these professions." (*The Living Stars*,
        Dr. Eric Morse)

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Mira (Omicron Ceti)

        problem-solving

        > *Angetenar (Tau-2 Eridani)
        >
        > *109 Piscium (has a planet)
        >
        > *TY Piscium (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > *Choo (Alpha Arae)
        >
        > *Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
        >
        > *Melquarth (Mu Herculis)
        >
        > *Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae, the brightest star of Mensa the Table
        Mountain)

        > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
        >
        > *Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
        >
        > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        >
        > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)

        "This star along with Acumen has a notorious reputation in astrology
        as 'blind stars' or stars associated with eyesight problems. These
        stars shows up a negative Mars-Moon quality in people who have them
        poorly aspected, with a tendency towards a morbid outlook, seeing the
        worst rather than the best in everything. If their religious views
        are affected, as so often with anything in Sagittarius, there is a
        tendency to be either the 'hellfire and damnation brigade' or to take
        up a fierce anti-religious and even anti-God stance. But at their
        best, well aspected, they can have very sharp minds and a perception
        well above average as though, perhaps 'blind' to what we see and take
        for granted, they see what we do not, at levels where eyesight does
        not reach. Not for nothing has the word Acumen come down to us as a
        term for a sharp mind." (*The Living Stars,* Dr. Eric Morse)

        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii; a pulsar)
        >

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Gladius Frederici (Iota Andromedae; marks the sword part of
        Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick, an obsolete constellation)

        having to do with the chief executive (president)'s power to make war

        > *UV Ceti
        >
        > *Nu Fornacis
        >
        > *DK Lacertae (cataclysmic variable)

        "dookie"

        > *Babcock's Star (HD 215441 Lacertae)
        >

        > Chiron
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
        >
        > 16 Cygni B (has a planet)
        >
        > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
        >
        > S Doradus
        >
        > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
        >
        > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus was
        Phoenicopterus, the
        > Flamingo)
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > *LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > *16 Cygni B (has a planet)
        >
        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete constellation
        Polophylax, the Pole Guard)

        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > South Node
        >

        >---> *Ras Elased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)
        >
        >--->*Ras Elased Borealis (Mu Leonis)

        "It gives a bold, bombastic, cruel, heartless, brutish and
        destructive nature, but artistic appreciation and power of
        expression." (Robson)

        "An appreciation for language and a power of expression. (Noonan)

        "Credited with properties such as conveying higher spiritual gifts of
        the Logos to those men who are able to conceive them. In primitive
        natives, this star may become a danger, if bound up with a poorly
        placed Saturn or Neptune, severe psychological depressions are
        indicated and possibly even suicide. In conjunction with a 'strongly'
        placed Mars, the Lion's Head will make for feverish diseases and if
        conjunct with Uranus, dangers of accidents are present. Bismarck had
        this fixed star positioned exactly conjunct his Ascendant; this fact
        as well as the part played by other configurations gave this
        chancellor his mental superiority." (Ebertin)