Re: Fixed star alignments (March 30, 2008)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >
      > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Deneb Okab (aka Dheneb; Zeta Aquilae)
      >
      > *SS433 (V1343 Aquilae; an unusual X-ray binary star)

      taking some sort of stand

      > *BY Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

      "bye" (bye, dragon)(?)

      (Robert Mugabe)

      > Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
      >
      > HR Lyrae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

      lack of clear vision on marriage

      (efforts to ban gay marriage in Pennsylvania, just in time for the
      election)

      > Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis, the brightest star in
      > Octans the Octant)

      measuring how high someone or something is flying

      > Cappa (Rho-1 Sagittarii)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; in the obsolete constellation
      > Felis the Cat, underneath the forepaw of the Cat)
      >
      > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has
      > planets)
      >
      > Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

      secret police, war criminals (Waffen SS), steamships or ships in
      general

      > Neptune
      >

      > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
      >
      > *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
      >
      > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
      >
      > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
      >
      > Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
      >
      > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
      >
      > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
      >
      > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
      >
      > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      > Cerberus)
      >
      > Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)
      >
      > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
      > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
      > Polaris Australis, hence the name)
      >
      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
      > of which Fellah is also a part)
      >
      > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
      >
      > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
      >
      > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii, a
      > protoplanetary nebula)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > *Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
      >
      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > marks the olive branch)
      >
      > FX Cephei
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Alrai (Gamma Cephei; has planets)
      >
      > *Alkalbalrai (Rho Cephei)
      >
      > *Beid (Omicron-1 Eridani)
      >
      > *Keid (Omicron-2 Eridani; aka 40 Eridani; the sun of
      > Mr. Spock's home planet of Vulcan)
      >
      > *Theemin (Upsilon-2 Eridani)
      >
      > *IM Eridani (cataclysmic variable)

      "I am", instant messaging

      > *Al Fakhir (Gamma Persei)
      >
      > *Alcyone (Eta Tauri; the brightest star of the
      > Pleiades)
      >
      > *Al Thaur (Lambda Tauri)
      >
      > *Celaeno (16 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
      >
      > *Electra (17 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
      >
      > *Taygeta (19 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
      >
      > *Maia (20 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
      >
      > *Asterope (21 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
      >
      > *Merope (23 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
      >
      > *Atlas (27 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
      >
      > *Pleione (28 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      weeping, raining, storming (grieving?)

      > *Furibundus (Nu Tauri)
      >

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Erakis (aka Garnet Star; Mu Cephei)
      >
      > *MN Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

      having to do with Minnesota?

      > *Lacerta Lingua (Beta Lacertae)

      bizarre or tricky utterances (?)

      (I'm thinking of the Aztec sign Lizard)

      > *Algenib (Gamma Pegasi)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
      >
      > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
      >
      > *Baraka (Xi Herculis)
      >
      > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
      >
      > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
      >

      > Vesta
      >

      > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *q1 Eridani (aka HD 10647; has planets)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > *Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >
      > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; an
      > asterism, 29 Cygni and other stars)
      >
      > *Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      blindness/poor perception of Islam?

      Message 2 of 3 , May 20 9:08 PM

        > > As of midnight GMT.
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
        > > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
        > >

        > > Jupiter
        > >

        > > Deneb Okab (aka Dheneb; Zeta Aquilae)
        > >
        > > *SS433 (V1343 Aquilae; an unusual X-ray binary star)
        >
        > taking some sort of stand
        >

        > > *BY Draconis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > "bye" (bye, dragon)(?)
        >
        > (Robert Mugabe)
        >

        > > Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
        > >
        > > HR Lyrae (cataclysmic variable)
        > >
        > > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)
        >

        > lack of clear vision on marriage
        >
        > (efforts to ban gay marriage in Pennsylvania, just in time for the
        > election)
        >

        > > Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis, the brightest star in
        > > Octans the Octant)
        >

        > measuring how high someone or something is flying
        >

        > > Cappa (Rho-1 Sagittarii)

        Latin = cape

        > > Saturn
        > >

        > > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; in the obsolete constellation
        > > Felis the Cat, underneath the forepaw of the Cat)
        > >
        > > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
        > >
        > > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has
        > > planets)
        > >
        > > Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)
        > >

        > > Uranus
        > >

        > > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > secret police, war criminals (Waffen SS), steamships or ships in
        > general
        >

        > > Neptune
        > >

        > > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
        > >
        > > *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
        > >
        > > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        > >
        > > Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
        > >
        > > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
        > >
        > > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
        > >
        > > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
        > > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
        > >

        > > Pluto
        > >

        > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
        > >
        > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
        > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
        > > Cerberus)
        > >
        > > Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)
        > >
        > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
        > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
        > > Polaris Australis, hence the name)
        > >
        > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
        > > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
        > > of which Fellah is also a part)
        > >
        > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
        > > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
        > >
        > > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii, a
        > > protoplanetary nebula)
        > >
        > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > Eris
        > >

        > > *Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
        > >
        > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
        > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
        > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
        > > marks the olive branch)
        > >
        > > FX Cephei
        > >
        > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
        > >
        > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
        > >

        > > Ceres
        > >

        > > *Alrai (Gamma Cephei; has planets)
        > >
        > > *Alkalbalrai (Rho Cephei)
        > >
        > > *Beid (Omicron-1 Eridani)

        Arabic = eggs

        > > *Keid (Omicron-2 Eridani; aka 40 Eridani; the sun of
        > > Mr. Spock's home planet of Vulcan)

        Arabic = eggshells

        (walking upon eggshells?)

        > > *Theemin (Upsilon-2 Eridani)

        Hebrew = the twins

        > > *IM Eridani (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > "I am", instant messaging
        >

        > > *Al Fakhir (Gamma Persei)

        Arabic = the proud, the excellent

        > > *Alcyone (Eta Tauri; the brightest star of the
        > > Pleiades)
        > >
        > > *Al Thaur (Lambda Tauri)

        Arabic = the bull[?]

        > > *Celaeno (16 Tauri; in the Pleiades)