RE: [thefixedstars] New Brady Book

  • Nicola Smuts
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 16, 2008

      Hi Trish,

      This new book is a more detailed version of those notes – but to answer Miss B’s request for a book review – I would like to post a review, just a bit tied up with deadlines my end, but by the weekend I will write something lucid if the group would like.

      Mark, the beauty of this book is that it contains tables, which you will be able to use simply by going outside and using your hands to measure degrees spatially in the sky, the interpretations of parans  to planets or alignments is well documented and supported, and this book will give you a concise interpretation of what a few authors such as Robson, Ebertin, Rigor, Allen and Jobes among others have had to say and how to bring these myths into modern interpretations.  Brady has done extensive research and has managed to narrow down the possible range of interpretations to a manageable and practical interpretations that actually help in predictive work, and because they are quite specific they are not just a list of confusing and contradictory narratives or signatures.  Sure, some of them might not work in your charts, but I have used them for several years now and the efficacy of them is apparent in my predictive work.

      Best wishes

      Nicky

      Trish>

      I do remember the handouts Nicky--still have them in fact, much dog-eared and margins covered in notes, just as my copy of "Brady's Book of Fixed Stars," and "Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark" are. Starlight would probably be covered with notes too, except it is software and thus safe (ha).

      Thanks for the heads up!  I have a consultation to prepare for just now, but will check it all out later this afternoon.

      Trish

      In a message dated 4/15/2008 11:29:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nicola.allsop@... writes:

      Hi Everyone

      Here is a short note to let you know that Bernadette Brady has released her new book, called Star and Planet Combinations, I have my signed copy in my hot little hands and it is absolutely fabulous.   Trishmarie, you might remember the handouts you received at the conference - well this is a monumental upgrade on that!

      to get it go to www.astrologos.co.uk

      best wishes

      Nicky

      It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

    • Nicola Smuts
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 17, 2008

        Ok Fellow Stargazers, Miss B

        Here is a little book review for you:

        It is fundamentally a  textbook of Fixed Stars written like COSI - in that each star is listed (64 in all) with firstly some general information about the constellation - with a great constellation image and celestial globe showing where the star is in the sky - Then after some technical info - like RA, Declination, Celestial latitude and longitude as well as colour - there is some general constellation mythology and then the fun beginnings

        Each star is delineated for when it is

        a) on an angle at birth

        b) if it is your heliacal rising star

        c) if it is your heliacal setting star

        d) its medical astrology associations

        e) Linked with the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn - all with predictive meanings PLUS notable examples for each combinations

        f) Then Bernadette has given meanings for when it is in paran with Uranus, Neptune and Pluto as well as the nodes.

        There are also two chapters in the beginning with give a wonderful discussion on the use of stars in charts and the role of the Heliacal rising and setting stars in our lives.

        For those people that do not own Starlight there are tables for quickly and easily finding your own natal heliacal rising and setting stars as well as special tables to help you find some of your other natal star and planet parans. But remember you can always get these sent to you free of charge from the Starlight web site - they have been doing that now for over four years.

        This is just a brief dip into the book - but it is truly wonderful and I know that Astro Logos has been swamped with orders - they are only going to be selling it for a few more days - that is the signed copies by Bernadette - after that it will be on Amazon, as well as from Wessex, and of course it will also be at UAC - I have heard on the grape vine that they (the UAC bookshop) have ordered a very large number to handle the expected demand. For those of you who will be at UAC, please come at see me at my stand -  Fertility Astrology .com/Astro Logos where you will be able to get your star parans printed out for you, and you may purchase a computer report on them at the stand.  Demonstrations on the use of Starlight are free and there will be copies of the programme for sale.

        Mark, I understand your dilemma, but consider the poor folk in SA – 16 rand to the pound is a lot worse than the dollar!  To get into visual astrology all you need is this book and the night sky – step outside and become a visual astrologer.

        For those interested, I will be lecturing at UAC on fertility and the use of Fixed Stars in predictive work, looking forward to sharing with you.

        Best wishes

        Nicky

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 17, 2008
          Thanks.

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 18, 2008
            Are you kidding ?

            17th April 2007 = $2.00/£1
            17th April 2008 = $1.99/£1

            Roy

            _______________

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 18, 2008
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Roy MacKinnon" <RoyMacKinn@...>
              wrote:

              > Are you kidding ?

              I'm serious as cancer.

              > 17th April 2007 = $2.00/£1
              > 17th April 2008 = $1.99/£1
              >
              > Roy

              So an item that costs 100 pounds will set us Americans back $200 now
              instead of $199. That's a lot of money for some of us, especially now
              that gasoline is approaching $4 a gallon in some places and the prices
              of food and everything else are going up too. (Whose bright idea was
              it to grow all that corn to turn into ethanol?)

              --I'll venture some more fixed star interpretations before long.

              > > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Thanks.
              > > >

              > > I'd like to use more visual astrology; trouble is, I
              > > still can't afford the software. I can't do anything
              > > about the fact that the dollar is so weak against the
              > > British pound.
              > >
              > > Mark A. Holmes
            • Roy MacKinnon
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 18, 2008

                > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Roy MacKinnon" <RoyMacKinn@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Are you kidding ?
                >

                > I'm serious as cancer.
                >

                > > 17th April 2007 = $2.00/£1
                > > 17th April 2008 = $1.99/£1
                > >
                > > Roy
                > >

                > So an item that costs 100 pounds will set us Americans back $200
                now
                > instead of $199. That's a lot of money for some of us, especially
                now
                > that gasoline is approaching $4 a gallon in some places and the
                prices
                > of food and everything else are going up too. (Whose bright idea
                was
                > it to grow all that corn to turn into ethanol?)
                >
                > --I'll venture some more fixed star interpretations before long.
                >

                > Mark A. Holmes

                You're very lucky that is all it is. Food prices here have gone up
                over 20% recently and as for gas I'm currently paying $9 a gallon -
                and so is everybody else in the UK - but you won't find me bleating
                about the odd dollar, frankly. In addition, for poor people like me,
                the government has recently removed a first band 10% tax rate so
                the start rate even for us poor beggars is now 20%....

                Things this side of the pond ain't so funny I can tell you!

                Roy

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 21, 2008
                  Pluto has dipped into Capricorn, and the management revolution starts
                  with ability to feed ones family, so here we see it clearly. :)
                  Saturn Trine Pluto in virgo, is it any wonder that she holds a sheaf
                  of grain? food restriction has a habit of causing great uprisings.

                  okay just waiving the visual about for pondering. :) MissB

                  MissB

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 21, 2008

                    > Pluto has dipped into Capricorn, and the management revolution starts
                    > with ability to feed ones family, so here we see it clearly. :)
                    > Saturn Trine Pluto in virgo, is it any wonder that she holds a sheaf
                    > of grain? food restriction has a habit of causing great uprisings.
                    >
                    > okay just waiving the visual about for pondering. :) MissB
                    >
                    > MissB

                    Pluto aligned with Spiculum = blindness.

                    I heard somewhere that part of the reason we have the current economic
                    crisis is "derivative" securities that have become so complex and
                    difficult to understand that even CEOs of large corporations couldn't
                    tell you exactly how well their company is doing, and that this arises
                    from deregulation of the securities industry in the 1980s. So the way
                    to get out of this mess is to relearn the lesson we learned in the
                    1930s: those who have the power to do a lot of economic damage (like
                    Wall Street) need to be restrained from being able to do so, through
                    regulation and oversight.