Fixed star alignments (April 13, 2008)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2008
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      *Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)

      *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

      *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the
      Peacock's heart)

      Saturn

      Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; in the obsolete constellation
      Felis the Cat, underneath the forepaw of the Cat)

      T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Megrez (Delta Ursae Majoris)

      Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has
      planets)

      Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)

      Uranus

      SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

      q1 Eridani (aka HD 10647; has a planet)

      *Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
      constellation Solarium the Sundial)

      *Simmah (Gamma Eridani)

      Neptune

      Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)

      Bunda (Xi Aquarii)

      Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)

      Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

      Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)

      Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)

      Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)

      Pluto

      Tao Shou (Theta Arae)

      Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      Cerberus)

      Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)

      Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
      close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
      Polaris Australis, hence the name)

      Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

      Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
      constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
      of which Fellah is also a part)

      Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

      Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)

      Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)

      Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)

      Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

      Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii, a
      protoplanetary nebula)

      DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Eris

      Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)

      Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      Ceres

      *FT Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Pazmino's Cluster (Stock 23 Camelopardalis)

      *AM Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)

      *The Little Queen (Harrington STAR 25 Draconis; a
      small asterism surrounded by Chi, Phi and Upsilon
      Draconis that looks somewhat like Cassiopeia)

      *Sceptrum (53 Eridani; the chief star of the obsolete
      constellation Sceptrum Brandenburgicum [the Scepter of
      Brandenburg])

      *Adid Borealis (Delta Persei)

      *Adid Media (Nu Persei)

      *Menchib (Xi Persei)

      *California Nebula (NGC 1499 Persei; diffuse nebula)

      *Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri)

      *Crystal Ball Nebula (NGC 1514 Tauri)

      Pallas

      *Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)

      *OR Andromedae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Cor Regis (Nu Cephei; marks the heart of Cepheus the
      King)

      *UV Ceti

      *DK Lacertae (cataclysmic variable)

      Juno

      Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)

      Baraka (Xi Herculis)

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)

      *DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Vesta

      *Sama al Azrak (Pi-2 Cygni)

      *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni)

      *Stephan's Quintet (NGC 7317, 7318A, 7318B, 7319, 7320
      Pegasi; a group of galaxies northwest of Pi Pegasi
      near the Lacerta border)

      *Deer Lick Group (NGC 7331, 7335, 7336, 7337, and 7340
      Pegasi; a group of galaxies)

      Chiron

      Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; an
      asterism, 29 Cygni and other stars)

      Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)

      HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

      Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus
      was Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)

      IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      North Node

      Baxendell's Nebula (NGC 7088 Aquarii; supposedly an
      optical illusion)

      Kuh (Mu Capricorni)

      Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)

      *Sze Wei (Beta Equulei)

      South Node

      Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)

      Al Sumut (Alpha Pyxidis)

      Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
      obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      Line)

      *Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; Pyxis, the Compass, was
      originally called Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008

        > As of midnight GMT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
        > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > *Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)
        >
        > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)
        >
        > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the
        > Peacock's heart)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; in the obsolete constellation
        > Felis the Cat, underneath the forepaw of the Cat)
        >
        > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Megrez (Delta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has
        > planets)
        >
        > Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > q1 Eridani (aka HD 10647; has a planet)

        Let me try and locate this one...

        > *Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
        > constellation Solarium the Sundial)

        see the signs and know the time (when it's getting time to...do something)

        > *Simmah (Gamma Eridani)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
        >
        > Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
        >
        > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
        >
        > Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
        >
        > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
        >
        > Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)
        >
        > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
        >
        > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
        > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
        > Cerberus)
        >
        > Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)
        >
        > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
        > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
        > Polaris Australis, hence the name)
        >
        > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
        > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
        > of which Fellah is also a part)
        >
        > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
        >
        > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
        > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
        >
        > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii, a
        > protoplanetary nebula)
        >
        > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *FT Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variable)

        foot (units of measurement?)

        > *Pazmino's Cluster (Stock 23 Camelopardalis)

        I think I might have posted on this before

        > *AM Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)

        having to do with talk radio

        > *The Little Queen (Harrington STAR 25 Draconis; a
        > small asterism surrounded by Chi, Phi and Upsilon
        > Draconis that looks somewhat like Cassiopeia)

        a pampered little girl or young teenager making the news?

        > *Sceptrum (53 Eridani; the chief star of the obsolete
        > constellation Sceptrum Brandenburgicum [the Scepter of
        > Brandenburg])
        >
        > *Adid Borealis (Delta Persei)
        >
        > *Adid Media (Nu Persei)
        >
        > *Menchib (Xi Persei)
        >
        > *California Nebula (NGC 1499 Persei; diffuse nebula)

        obscure vision on the subject of California?

        > *Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri)
        >
        > *Crystal Ball Nebula (NGC 1514 Tauri)

        trying to see into the future

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Alpheratz (Alpha Andromedae)
        >
        > *OR Andromedae (cataclysmic variable)

        having to do with Oregon?

        > *Cor Regis (Nu Cephei; marks the heart of Cepheus the
        > King)

        (Former) King Gyanendra?

        > *UV Ceti

        ultraviolet, the deteriorating ozone layer

        > *DK Lacertae (cataclysmic variable)

        "dookie" (crap)

        > Juno
        >

        > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
        >
        > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
        >
        > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >
        > *DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Sama al Azrak (Pi-2 Cygni)
        >
        > *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni)
        >
        > *Stephan's Quintet (NGC 7317, 7318A, 7318B, 7319, 7320
        > Pegasi; a group of galaxies northwest of Pi Pegasi
        > near the Lacerta border)
        >
        > *Deer Lick Group (NGC 7331, 7335, 7336, 7337, and 7340
        > Pegasi; a group of galaxies)
        >

        > Chiron
        >

        > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
        >
        > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; an
        > asterism, 29 Cygni and other stars)
        >
        > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
        >
        > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
        >
        > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
        >
        > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus
        > was Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
        >
        > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > Baxendell's Nebula (NGC 7088 Aquarii; supposedly an
        > optical illusion)
        >
        > Kuh (Mu Capricorni)
        >
        > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)
        >
        > *Sze Wei (Beta Equulei)
        >

        > South Node
        >

        > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
        >
        > Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)
        >
        > Al Sumut (Alpha Pyxidis)
        >
        > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
        > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
        > Line)
        >
        > *Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; Pyxis, the Compass, was
        > originally called Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)

        a trial, a banner flying

        I'll try to continue this tomorrow. It's getting late.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2008

          > > As of midnight GMT.
          > >
          > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
          > > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > *Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 B Aquilae)

          near 22 Aquilae on the Eagle's chest (or back)

          > > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

          going slowly, withdrawing

          > > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; marking Pavo the
          > > Peacock's heart)
          > >

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; in the obsolete constellation
          > > Felis the Cat, underneath the forepaw of the Cat)

          used for selfish reasons

          > > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > *Megrez (Delta Ursae Majoris)
          > >
          > > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has
          > > planets)
          > >
          > > Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)
          > >

          > > Uranus
          > >

          > > SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > q1 Eridani (aka HD 10647; has a planet)
          >

          > Let me try and locate this one...

          Between Achernar and Chi Eridani, at the mouth of the River Eridanus...

          > > *Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
          > > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
          >

          > see the signs and know the time (when it's getting time to...do
          something)

          > > *Simmah (Gamma Eridani)

          From Abb`e Banier's 1732 commentary on Ovid's "Metamorphoses":

          "...it appears that the young Princess, exposed by Dercetis, was the
          famous Semiramis, her own Daughter. Diodorus relates that she was
          found by some Shepherds and carried to Simma, the Wife of an Over-seer
          of the King's Flocks, who took great care of her Education and gave
          her the Name of Semiramis, which, in the Syriac, signifies a Dove."

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
          > >
          > > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
          > >
          > > Pherasauval (Delta Equulei)
          > >
          > > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
          > >
          > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
          > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
          > > Cerberus)
          > >
          > > Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)
          > >
          > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
          > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
          > > Polaris Australis, hence the name)
          > >
          > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
          > > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
          > > of which Fellah is also a part)
          > >
          > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

          hitting home

          > > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
          > > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
          > >
          > > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii, a
          > > protoplanetary nebula)
          > >
          > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > > Eris
          > >

          > > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
          > >
          > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

          a wrecked effort or project

          > > Ceres
          > >

          > > *FT Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > foot (units of measurement?)
          >

          > > *Pazmino's Cluster (Stock 23 Camelopardalis)
          >

          > I think I might have posted on this before
          >

          > > *AM Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > having to do with talk radio
          >

          > > *The Little Queen (Harrington STAR 25 Draconis; a
          > > small asterism surrounded by Chi, Phi and Upsilon
          > > Draconis that looks somewhat like Cassiopeia)
          >

          > a pampered little girl or young teenager making the news?
          >

          > > *Sceptrum (53 Eridani; the chief star of the obsolete
          > > constellation Sceptrum Brandenburgicum [the Scepter of
          > > Brandenburg])
          > >
          > > *Adid Borealis (Delta Persei)
          > >
          > > *Adid Media (Nu Persei)

          strength of people who are mourning

          > > *Menchib (Xi Persei)

          taking on some kind of burden or yoke

          http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/PrimaHyadum.html

          http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Alpheratz.html

          > > *OR Andromedae (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > having to do with Oregon?
          >

          > > *Cor Regis (Nu Cephei; marks the heart of Cepheus the
          > > King)
          >

          > (Former) King Gyanendra?
          >

          > > *UV Ceti
          >
          > ultraviolet, the deteriorating ozone layer
          >

          > > *DK Lacertae (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > "dookie" (crap)
          >

          > > Juno
          > >

          > > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
          > >
          > > Baraka (Xi Herculis)

          Arabic = blessed

          http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sinistra.html

          http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Acumen.html

          > > *DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > > Vesta
          > >

          > > *Sama al Azrak (Pi-2 Cygni)

          Arabic = the blue sky

          (runaway speculation; clear and sunny)

          > > *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni)

          cocooning, development

          > > *Stephan's Quintet (NGC 7317, 7318A, 7318B, 7319, 7320
          > > Pegasi; a group of galaxies northwest of Pi Pegasi
          > > near the Lacerta border)
          > >
          > > *Deer Lick Group (NGC 7331, 7335, 7336, 7337, and 7340
          > > Pegasi; a group of galaxies)

          (lack of clarity on) wildlife conservation

          > > Chiron
          > >

          > > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
          > >
          > > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; an
          > > asterism, 29 Cygni and other stars)
          > >
          > > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
          > >
          > > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
          > >
          > > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
          > >
          > > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an old name for Grus
          > > was Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
          > >
          > > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > > North Node
          > >

          > > Baxendell's Nebula (NGC 7088 Aquarii; supposedly an
          > > optical illusion)
          > >
          > > Kuh (Mu Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)
          > >
          > > *Sze Wei (Beta Equulei)

          I think this name is Chinese; let me try to find out what it means

          > > South Node
          > >

          > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
          > >
          > > Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)
          > >
          > > Al Sumut (Alpha Pyxidis)
          > >
          > > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
          > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
          > > Line)

          throwing somebody a line