Re: Fixed star alignments (March 9, 2008)

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2008

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > *Al Thalimain II (Lambda Aquilae)

      Arabic = the ostriches

      (sticking one's head in the sand)

      > Bered (12 Aquilae)
      >
      > Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic variable
      > aka nova)
      >
      > *Phantom Streak (NGC 6741 Aquilae)

      elusive, quick

      > *Nova Hassel (V446 Herculis; named for its discoverer,
      > Olaf Hassel, a hearing-impaired Norwegian astronomer)

      having to do with the disabled

      > *Delta Pavonis (nearby sunlike star)
      >
      > Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)
      >
      > Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Albadah.html

      having to do with cities or municipal services

      (decaying infrastructure/congestion in US cities, foul air in Chinese
      ones)

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sadalsuud.html

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Nashira.html

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/DenebAlgedi.html

      > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
      >
      > Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
      >
      > *Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)

      Arabic = the second horse

      (Hillary Clinton? John McCain?)

      > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
      >
      > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
      >
      > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
      >
      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
      >
      > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      > Cerberus)
      >
      > -->*Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)
      >
      > -->Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
      > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
      > Polaris Australis, hence the name)

      trying to re-establish concepts of what is wrong? (like about torture?)

      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > *Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
      > of which Fellah is also a part)

      "[Taurus Poniatovii] is said to give obstinacy and changeability,
      emotion, honor and renown." (Robson)

      > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
      >
      > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)

      repudiation

      > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)

      attainment

      > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
      >
      > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > marks the crown)

      the olive branch

      > FX Cephei

      smoke and mirrors

      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)

      revving the motor

      > Revati (Zeta Piscium)

      abundance (or issues of abundance vs. scarcity)

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Bow-Tie Nebula (NGC 40 Cephei)
      >
      > *Zanrak (Gamma Eridani)
      >
      > *UV Persei

      having to do with ultraviolet radiation or ozone-layer depletion

      > *Ushakaron (Xi Tauri)

      Akkadian = exacter of retribution

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/DenebKaitos.html

      > *Deneb Kaitos Schemali (Iota Ceti)
      >
      > *AF Cygni

      having to do with Afghanistan or the Air Force?

      > *RR Coronae Borealis (cataclysmic variables)

      having to do with railroads?

      > *Sellio (6 Lacertae; on Lacerta the Lizard's back;
      > Sellio the Newt is an old name for Lacerta)
      >
      > *Salm (Tau Pegasi)
      >
      > *NGC 7742 (Pegasi; elliptical galaxy with suspected
      > black hole)
      >
      > *Vernalis (Omega Piscium)

      > *WZ Sagittarii

      Wizard of Oz-like ("pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"?)

      > *ER Ursae Majoris

      having to do with emergency rooms or emergency care?

      > *W Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variables)

      having to do with George W. Bush or what he stands for?

      > Juno
      >

      > Choo (Alpha Arae)
      >
      > *Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)

      Chinese = the dark sky

      (it's always darkest just before dawn [or just before it goes pitch
      black])

      > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      >
      > *Melquarth (Mu Herculis)

      what a city is all about

      > *Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae; the brightest star in
      > Mensa the Table Mountain)

      attainment with difficulty

      > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      Arabic = the shepherd's dog

      (warning of threats, keeping the flock in line)

      > *Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)

      iron, determination

      > *Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

      tending one's garden

      >--> *Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      >
      >--> *Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      >
      >--> Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)

      weapons and control of them

      > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)

      hammering away (in a positive sense)

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

      Greek = water jar

      (carrying water)

      > *Situla (Kappa Aquarii)

      inadequate efforts

      > *IL Aquarii (has planets)
      >
      > *Ross 780 (Aquarii; aka Gliese 876; has planets)
      >
      > *North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

      destructive

      > *Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)

      whisked away, delivered, expecting deliverance

      > *Kin Yu (Epsilon Doradus)
      >
      > *WX Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)