Re: Fixed star alignments (March 2, 2008)

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008

      > > As of midnight GMT.
      > >

      > > Jupiter
      > >

      > > *Bered (12 Aquilae)

      Hebrew = hail, hailstorm

      > > *Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic variable
      > > aka nova)
      > >
      > > Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
      >

      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Vega.html
      >

      > > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)
      >

      > I seem to remember Bernadette said something about this having to do
      > with "steady aim."
      >

      > > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

      vulnerability?

      > > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)
      >
      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Manubrium.html
      >

      > > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)

      having to do with the humane-ness of death penalty methods?

      > > *Alya (Theta Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda])

      Arabic = sheep's tail

      (a fat a**? Overweight?)

      > > Saturn
      > >

      > > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log part of the
      > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      > > Line)
      > >
      > > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

      having to do with coverups?

      > > *BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > ancient, primitive
      >

      > > *Miniature Spiral (NGC 3928 Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > down the drain, a tempest in a teacup
      >

      > > *HD 75289 (Velorum; has planets)
      > >

      > > Uranus
      > >

      > > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
      >
      > a moth to a flame
      >

      > > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Chinese = house

      (the housing market? the mortgage crisis?)

      > > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
      >

      > nibbled to death
      >

      > > Neptune
      > >

      > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Nashira.html
      >

      > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
      >

      > a warning sign
      >

      > > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

      shenanigans

      > > Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      Latin = crane-like (having to do with cranes [the mechanical kind]?)

      > > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
      > >
      > > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > a humble conveyance
      >

      > > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
      > > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
      >

      > guardian of the unchanging or rigid
      >

      > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > to tie
      >

      > > Pluto
      > >

      > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)

      Chinese = the way to long life

      > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      > > Cerberus)
      >

      > a passport into danger, a flag of truce
      >

      > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
      > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
      > > Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the name)
      > >
      > > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >

      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sinistra.html
      >

      > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >

      > Arabic = peasant
      >

      > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
      >

      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnasl.html
      >

      > pointed, sharp
      >

      > > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      > > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)

      blindness

      > > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

      to inflame, to spin a web, having to do with spiders or arachnids

      > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      "dizzy" (not thinking right)

      > > Eris
      > >

      > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > > marks the crown)

      the olive branch

      peacemaking efforts (e.g., in Palestine, in Sudan)

      > > FX Cephei
      > >
      > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      > >
      > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      > >
      > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
      > >

      > > Ceres
      > >

      > > *Botein (Delta Arietis)
      > >
      > > *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)

      Arabic = the bright one of the little belly

      (having to do with children's diets?)

      > > *Rana (Chi Eridani)
      >

      > Latin = frog
      >
      > (ugly, or having to do with frogs or amphibians)
      >

      > > *V Persei (cataclysmic variable)

      V for victory

      > > *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)

      Akkadian = the verdant sign

      (having to do with climate and vegetable growth?)

      > > Pallas
      > >

      > > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
      > > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)
      >

      > attacking popular entertainment?
      >

      > > *Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
      > >
      > > *NGC 1399 (Fornacis; a galaxy east of Chi-2 Fornacis
      > > near the Eridanus border)
      > >
      > > *Scheat (Beta Pegasi)
      >
      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Scheat.html
      >

      > > *IP Persei (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > to treat with contempt
      >

      > > *NGC 7457 (Pegasi; a galaxy near Scheat)
      > >
      > > *Sculptor Galaxy (NGC 253 Sculptoris)
      > >

      > > Juno
      > >

      > > *Choo (Alpha Arae)

      Chinese = staff, club, pestle

      (to pound something or somebody)

      > > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
      >
      > Hebrew = horns of the altar
      >
      > (intense enmity)

      > > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)
      >

      > Hebrew = good person, righteous
      >

      > > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      >
      > to boldly insult
      >

      > > -->*Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      > >
      > > -->*Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      >

      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Shaula.html
      >

      > > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

      having "cojones"

      > > Vesta
      > >

      > > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
      >

      > homelessness, refugees
      >

      > > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

      having to do with breast issues (like breast cancer?)

      > > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

      going fast

      > > *Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

      poor insight having to do with nurturing

      > > *Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      > >
      > > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

      spying or privacy issues?

      > > Chiron
      > >

      > > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
      > >
      > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      elusive, tantalizing

      > > *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)

      Arabic = the cross

      (relating to Christianity)

      > > *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
      > >
      > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
      > >
      > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      > >
      > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148-5150 Gruis)

      traces of somebody's presence?

      > > Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)

      Chinese = heavenly cash

      (thinking God will provide?)

      > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

      when somebody talks, people listen?

      > > North Node
      > >

      > > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
      > >
      > > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)

      boneheaded ideas or activity

      > > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
      > > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
      > > like the gills, maybe])
      > >

      > > South Node
      > >

      > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
      >

      > to see keenly or with little light
      >

      > > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)
      >
      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alfard.html
      >

      > (Bill Clinton in the spotlight?)
      >

      > > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      > > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
      > > forepaw)
      >

      > stalked, toyed with
      >

      > > -->Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)
      >
      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Adhafera.html
      >

      > > -->Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)
      >

      > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/aljabhah.htm
      >

      > concern with or preoccupation with destruction and violence?
      >

      > > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)
      >

      > not seeing clearly about a network or patient, passive predator?
      >

      > > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
      > > intense X-ray source)
      >

      > trying to see into the future?
      >

      > > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
      > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      > > Line)

      rescue or communications attempts