Re: Fixed star alignments (March 2, 2008)

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2008

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Vega.html

      > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

      I seem to remember Bernadette said something about this having to do
      with "steady aim."

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Manubrium.html

      > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)
      >
      > Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)
      >
      > *Alya (Theta Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda])
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log part of the
      > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      > Line)
      >
      > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > *BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)

      ancient, primitive

      > *Miniature Spiral (NGC 3928 Ursae Majoris)

      down the drain, a tempest in a teacup

      > *HD 75289 (Velorum; has planets)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      a moth to a flame

      > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
      >
      > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      nibbled to death

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Nashira.html

      > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      a warning sign

      > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
      >
      > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
      >
      > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
      >
      > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)

      a humble conveyance

      > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)

      guardian of the unchanging or rigid

      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      to tie

      > Pluto
      >

      > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
      >
      > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      > Cerberus)

      a passport into danger, a flag of truce

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sinistra.html

      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

      Arabic = peasant

      > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnasl.html

      pointed, sharp

      > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
      >
      > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > marks the crown)
      >
      > FX Cephei
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      >
      > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Botein (Delta Arietis)
      >
      > *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)
      >
      > *Rana (Chi Eridani)

      Latin = frog

      (ugly, or having to do with frogs or amphibians)

      > *V Persei (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)
      >

      > Pallas
      >

      > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
      > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)

      attacking popular entertainment?

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Scheat.html

      > *IP Persei (cataclysmic variable)

      to treat with contempt

      > *NGC 7457 (Pegasi; a galaxy near Scheat)
      >
      > *Sculptor Galaxy (NGC 253 Sculptoris)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > *Choo (Alpha Arae)
      >
      > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

      Hebrew = horns of the altar

      (intense enmity)

      > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)

      Hebrew = good person, righteous

      > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)

      to boldly insult

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Shaula.html

      > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
      >

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

      homelessness, refugees

      > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)
      >
      > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
      >
      > *Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)
      >
      > *Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      >
      > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
      >
      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      >
      > *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)
      >
      > *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
      >
      > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
      >
      > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      >
      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148-5150 Gruis)
      >
      > Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)
      >
      > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
      >
      > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)
      >
      > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
      > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
      > like the gills, maybe])
      >

      > South Node
      >

      > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      to see keenly or with little light

      > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alfard.html

      (Bill Clinton in the spotlight?)

      > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
      > forepaw)

      stalked, toyed with

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Adhafera.html

      > -->Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/aljabhah.htm

      concern with or preoccupation with destruction and violence?

      > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)

      not seeing clearly about a network or patient, passive predator?

      > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
      > intense X-ray source)

      trying to see into the future?

      > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
      > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      > Line)
      >
      > Regor (Gamma Velorum)

      to rig, to be rigid

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008

        > > As of midnight GMT.
        > >

        > > Jupiter
        > >

        > > *Bered (12 Aquilae)

        Hebrew = hail, hailstorm

        > > *Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic variable
        > > aka nova)
        > >
        > > Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
        >

        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Vega.html
        >

        > > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)
        >

        > I seem to remember Bernadette said something about this having to do
        > with "steady aim."
        >

        > > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

        vulnerability?

        > > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)
        >
        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Manubrium.html
        >

        > > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)

        having to do with the humane-ness of death penalty methods?

        > > *Alya (Theta Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda])

        Arabic = sheep's tail

        (a fat a**? Overweight?)

        > > Saturn
        > >

        > > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log part of the
        > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
        > > Line)
        > >
        > > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

        having to do with coverups?

        > > *BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > ancient, primitive
        >

        > > *Miniature Spiral (NGC 3928 Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > down the drain, a tempest in a teacup
        >

        > > *HD 75289 (Velorum; has planets)
        > >

        > > Uranus
        > >

        > > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
        >
        > a moth to a flame
        >

        > > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

        Chinese = house

        (the housing market? the mortgage crisis?)

        > > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
        >

        > nibbled to death
        >

        > > Neptune
        > >

        > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Nashira.html
        >

        > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >

        > a warning sign
        >

        > > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

        shenanigans

        > > Gruid (Beta Gruis)

        Latin = crane-like (having to do with cranes [the mechanical kind]?)

        > > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
        > >
        > > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > a humble conveyance
        >

        > > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
        > > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
        >

        > guardian of the unchanging or rigid
        >

        > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > to tie
        >

        > > Pluto
        > >

        > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)

        Chinese = the way to long life

        > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
        > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
        > > Cerberus)
        >

        > a passport into danger, a flag of truce
        >

        > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
        > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
        > > Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the name)
        > >
        > > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >

        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sinistra.html
        >

        > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
        >

        > Arabic = peasant
        >

        > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
        >

        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnasl.html
        >

        > pointed, sharp
        >

        > > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
        > > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)

        blindness

        > > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

        to inflame, to spin a web, having to do with spiders or arachnids

        > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

        "dizzy" (not thinking right)

        > > Eris
        > >

        > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
        > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
        > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
        > > marks the crown)

        the olive branch

        peacemaking efforts (e.g., in Palestine, in Sudan)

        > > FX Cephei
        > >
        > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
        > >
        > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
        > >
        > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
        > >

        > > Ceres
        > >

        > > *Botein (Delta Arietis)
        > >
        > > *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)

        Arabic = the bright one of the little belly

        (having to do with children's diets?)

        > > *Rana (Chi Eridani)
        >

        > Latin = frog
        >
        > (ugly, or having to do with frogs or amphibians)
        >

        > > *V Persei (cataclysmic variable)

        V for victory

        > > *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)

        Akkadian = the verdant sign

        (having to do with climate and vegetable growth?)

        > > Pallas
        > >

        > > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
        > > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)
        >

        > attacking popular entertainment?
        >

        > > *Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
        > >
        > > *NGC 1399 (Fornacis; a galaxy east of Chi-2 Fornacis
        > > near the Eridanus border)
        > >
        > > *Scheat (Beta Pegasi)
        >
        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Scheat.html
        >

        > > *IP Persei (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > to treat with contempt
        >

        > > *NGC 7457 (Pegasi; a galaxy near Scheat)
        > >
        > > *Sculptor Galaxy (NGC 253 Sculptoris)
        > >

        > > Juno
        > >

        > > *Choo (Alpha Arae)

        Chinese = staff, club, pestle

        (to pound something or somebody)

        > > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
        >
        > Hebrew = horns of the altar
        >
        > (intense enmity)

        > > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)
        >

        > Hebrew = good person, righteous
        >

        > > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)
        >
        > to boldly insult
        >

        > > -->*Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
        > >
        > > -->*Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
        >

        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Shaula.html
        >

        > > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

        having "cojones"

        > > Vesta
        > >

        > > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
        >

        > homelessness, refugees
        >

        > > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

        having to do with breast issues (like breast cancer?)

        > > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

        going fast

        > > *Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

        poor insight having to do with nurturing

        > > *Biham (Theta Pegasi)
        > >
        > > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

        spying or privacy issues?

        > > Chiron
        > >

        > > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

        elusive, tantalizing

        > > *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)

        Arabic = the cross

        (relating to Christianity)

        > > *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
        > >
        > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
        > >
        > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        > >
        > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148-5150 Gruis)

        traces of somebody's presence?

        > > Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)

        Chinese = heavenly cash

        (thinking God will provide?)

        > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

        when somebody talks, people listen?

        > > North Node
        > >

        > > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
        > >
        > > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)

        boneheaded ideas or activity

        > > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
        > > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
        > > like the gills, maybe])
        > >

        > > South Node
        > >

        > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
        >

        > to see keenly or with little light
        >

        > > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)
        >
        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alfard.html
        >

        > (Bill Clinton in the spotlight?)
        >

        > > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
        > > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
        > > forepaw)
        >

        > stalked, toyed with
        >

        > > -->Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)
        >
        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Adhafera.html
        >

        > > -->Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)
        >

        > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/aljabhah.htm
        >

        > concern with or preoccupation with destruction and violence?
        >

        > > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)
        >

        > not seeing clearly about a network or patient, passive predator?
        >

        > > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
        > > intense X-ray source)
        >

        > trying to see into the future?
        >

        > > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
        > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
        > > Line)

        rescue or communications attempts