Fixed star alignments (March 30, 2008)

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Deneb Okab (aka Dheneb; Zeta Aquilae)

      *SS433 (V1343 Aquilae; an unusual X-ray binary star)

      *BY Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

      Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)

      HR Lyrae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

      Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis, the brightest star in
      Octans the Octant)

      Cappa (Rho-1 Sagittarii)

      Saturn

      Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; in the obsolete constellation
      Felis the Cat, underneath the forepaw of the Cat)

      T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)

      Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has
      planets)

      Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)

      Uranus

      *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

      Neptune

      Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)

      *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)

      Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)

      Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

      Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)

      Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)

      Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
      constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)

      Pluto

      Tao Shou (Theta Arae)

      Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      Cerberus)

      Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)

      Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
      close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
      Polaris Australis, hence the name)

      Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

      Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
      constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
      of which Fellah is also a part)

      Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

      Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)

      Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)

      Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)

      Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

      Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii, a
      protoplanetary nebula)

      DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Eris

      *Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

      Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      marks the olive branch)

      FX Cephei

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)

      Revati (Zeta Piscium)

      Ceres

      *Alrai (Gamma Cephei; has planets)

      *Alkalbalrai (Rho Cephei)

      *Beid (Omicron-1 Eridani)

      *Keid (Omicron-2 Eridani; aka 40 Eridani; the sun of
      Mr. Spock's home planet of Vulcan)

      *Theemin (Upsilon-2 Eridani)

      *IM Eridani (cataclysmic variable)

      *Al Fakhir (Gamma Persei)

      *Alcyone (Eta Tauri; the brightest star of the
      Pleiades)

      *Al Thaur (Lambda Tauri)

      *Celaeno (16 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      *Electra (17 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      *Taygeta (19 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      *Maia (20 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      *Asterope (21 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      *Merope (23 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      *Atlas (27 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      *Pleione (28 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

      *Furibundus (Nu Tauri)

      Pallas

      *Erakis (aka Garnet Star; Mu Cephei)

      *MN Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Lacerta Lingua (Beta Lacertae)

      *Algenib (Gamma Pegasi)

      Juno

      Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)

      *Baraka (Xi Herculis)

      AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)

      Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)

      Vesta

      *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

      *q1 Eridani (aka HD 10647; has planets)

      Chiron

      *Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; an
      asterism, 29 Cygni and other stars)

      *Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)

      HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

      Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)

      *Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)

      IL Vulpeculae

      QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      North Node

      *Kuh (Mu Capricorni)

      Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)

      Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
      the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
      like the gills, maybe])

      South Node

      Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)

      *Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)

      Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
      forepaw)

      Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)

      Al Sumut (Alpha Pyxidis)

      Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
      obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      Line)

      Regor (Gamma Velorum)

      OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends:Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008

        > As of midnight GMT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
        > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Deneb Okab (aka Dheneb; Zeta Aquilae)
        >
        > *SS433 (V1343 Aquilae; an unusual X-ray binary star)

        taking some sort of stand

        > *BY Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

        "bye" (bye, dragon)(?)

        (Robert Mugabe)

        > Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
        >
        > HR Lyrae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

        lack of clear vision on marriage

        (efforts to ban gay marriage in Pennsylvania, just in time for the
        election)

        > Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis, the brightest star in
        > Octans the Octant)

        measuring how high someone or something is flying

        > Cappa (Rho-1 Sagittarii)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; in the obsolete constellation
        > Felis the Cat, underneath the forepaw of the Cat)
        >
        > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has
        > planets)
        >
        > Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

        secret police, war criminals (Waffen SS), steamships or ships in
        general

        > Neptune
        >

        > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
        >
        > *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
        >
        > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
        >
        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >
        > Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
        >
        > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
        >
        > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
        >
        > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
        > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
        >
        > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
        > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
        > Cerberus)
        >
        > Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)
        >
        > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
        > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
        > Polaris Australis, hence the name)
        >
        > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
        > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
        > of which Fellah is also a part)
        >
        > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
        >
        > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
        > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
        >
        > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii, a
        > protoplanetary nebula)
        >
        > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > *Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
        >
        > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
        > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
        > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
        > marks the olive branch)
        >
        > FX Cephei
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
        >
        > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Alrai (Gamma Cephei; has planets)
        >
        > *Alkalbalrai (Rho Cephei)
        >
        > *Beid (Omicron-1 Eridani)
        >
        > *Keid (Omicron-2 Eridani; aka 40 Eridani; the sun of
        > Mr. Spock's home planet of Vulcan)
        >
        > *Theemin (Upsilon-2 Eridani)
        >
        > *IM Eridani (cataclysmic variable)

        "I am", instant messaging

        > *Al Fakhir (Gamma Persei)
        >
        > *Alcyone (Eta Tauri; the brightest star of the
        > Pleiades)
        >
        > *Al Thaur (Lambda Tauri)
        >
        > *Celaeno (16 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
        >
        > *Electra (17 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
        >
        > *Taygeta (19 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
        >
        > *Maia (20 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
        >
        > *Asterope (21 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
        >
        > *Merope (23 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
        >
        > *Atlas (27 Tauri; in the Pleiades)
        >
        > *Pleione (28 Tauri; in the Pleiades)

        weeping, raining, storming (grieving?)

        > *Furibundus (Nu Tauri)
        >

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Erakis (aka Garnet Star; Mu Cephei)
        >
        > *MN Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

        having to do with Minnesota?

        > *Lacerta Lingua (Beta Lacertae)

        bizarre or tricky utterances (?)

        (I'm thinking of the Aztec sign Lizard)

        > *Algenib (Gamma Pegasi)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
        >
        > *Baraka (Xi Herculis)
        >
        > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Vesta
        >

        > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *q1 Eridani (aka HD 10647; has planets)
        >

        > Chiron
        >

        > *Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
        >
        > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; an
        > asterism, 29 Cygni and other stars)
        >
        > *Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

        blindness/poor perception of Islam?

        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2008

          > > As of midnight GMT.
          > >
          > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
          > > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > Deneb Okab (aka Dheneb; Zeta Aquilae)
          > >
          > > *SS433 (V1343 Aquilae; an unusual X-ray binary star)
          >
          > taking some sort of stand
          >

          > > *BY Draconis (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > "bye" (bye, dragon)(?)
          >
          > (Robert Mugabe)
          >

          > > Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
          > >
          > > HR Lyrae (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)
          >

          > lack of clear vision on marriage
          >
          > (efforts to ban gay marriage in Pennsylvania, just in time for the
          > election)
          >

          > > Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis, the brightest star in
          > > Octans the Octant)
          >

          > measuring how high someone or something is flying
          >

          > > Cappa (Rho-1 Sagittarii)

          Latin = cape

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; in the obsolete constellation
          > > Felis the Cat, underneath the forepaw of the Cat)
          > >
          > > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; nearby star, has
          > > planets)
          > >
          > > Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum)
          > >

          > > Uranus
          > >

          > > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > secret police, war criminals (Waffen SS), steamships or ships in
          > general
          >

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > > Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
          > >
          > > *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
          > >
          > > Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
          > >
          > > Al Faras Al Awwal (Gamma Equulei)
          > >
          > > Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
          > >
          > > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
          > > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
          > >
          > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
          > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
          > > Cerberus)
          > >
          > > Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis)
          > >
          > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
          > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
          > > Polaris Australis, hence the name)
          > >
          > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
          > > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatowski's Bull],
          > > of which Fellah is also a part)
          > >
          > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
          > > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
          > >
          > > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii, a
          > > protoplanetary nebula)
          > >
          > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > > Eris
          > >

          > > *Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)
          > >
          > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
          > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
          > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
          > > marks the olive branch)
          > >
          > > FX Cephei
          > >
          > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
          > >
          > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
          > >

          > > Ceres
          > >

          > > *Alrai (Gamma Cephei; has planets)
          > >
          > > *Alkalbalrai (Rho Cephei)
          > >
          > > *Beid (Omicron-1 Eridani)

          Arabic = eggs

          > > *Keid (Omicron-2 Eridani; aka 40 Eridani; the sun of
          > > Mr. Spock's home planet of Vulcan)

          Arabic = eggshells

          (walking upon eggshells?)

          > > *Theemin (Upsilon-2 Eridani)

          Hebrew = the twins

          > > *IM Eridani (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > "I am", instant messaging
          >

          > > *Al Fakhir (Gamma Persei)

          Arabic = the proud, the excellent

          > > *Alcyone (Eta Tauri; the brightest star of the
          > > Pleiades)
          > >
          > > *Al Thaur (Lambda Tauri)

          Arabic = the bull[?]

          > > *Celaeno (16 Tauri; in the Pleiades)