Re: Fixed star alignments (February 24, 2008)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21 10:35 PM

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > *Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)

      Arabic/Latin = noon break(?) or "broken thing in the south"

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Vega.html

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Ascella.html

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Manubrium.html

      > *Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)

      Greek = "far darter" or "sudden death"

      > Saturn
      >

      > Chang (Upsilon-1 Hydrae)
      >
      > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log part of the
      > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      > Line)
      >
      > Keenan System (NGC 5216 & 5218 Ursae Majoris;
      > interacting galaxies connected by a filament on the
      > Draco border south of Thuban. Named for the American
      > astronomer Philip Childs Keenan [1908-2000], who
      > noticed the filament)

      a bridge between very different social systems or worlds

      > Uranus
      >

      > Honda's Star (aka Nova Cygni 1975; V1500 Cygni, a
      > bright 1975 nova discovered by Minoru Honda of Japan)
      >
      > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
      >
      > *Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
      >
      > *Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > 16 Cygni B (has planets)
      >
      > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
      >
      > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
      >
      > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
      >
      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
      >
      > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      > Cerberus)
      >
      > *Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
      > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
      > Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the name)
      >
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
      >
      > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
      >
      > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > marks the crown)

      the olive branch

      > FX Cephei
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      >
      > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *PQ Andromedae (cataclysmic variable)

      minding one's own p's and q's?

      > *Musca Borealis (39 Arietis; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Musca Borealis, the Northern Fly)

      having to do with paparazzi up north (like the ones involved in
      Princess Diana's death?)

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Rucha.html

      > *Kaoh Pih (Zeta Doradus)

      Chinese = high attainment

      > *Sadira (Epsilon Eridani; a nearby star, with planets,
      > which was an early object of the search for ETI)

      Arabic = the returning ostriches, ostrich running from water; or
      Persian = lotus bud

      > *PU Persei (cataclysmic variable)

      something stinks?

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Sama al Azrak (Pi-2 Cygni)

      Arabic = the blue sky

      > *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni)

      in seclusion

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Matar.html

      > *Stephan's Quintet (NGC 7317 Pegasi and other
      > galaxies)
      >
      > *Deer Lick Group (NGC 7331 Pegasi and other galaxies)

      trying to attract victims, having to do with hunting

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/RasAlhague.html

      > *Little Ghost Nebula (NGC 6339 Ophiuchi)

      dead children?

      > *Cheerio Nebula (NGC 6337 Scorpii)
      >
      > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

      having "cojones"?

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sadalmelek.html

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Ancha.html

      > *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)

      Chinese = the roof

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Fomalhaut.html

      > *Tien Kang (Delta Piscis Austrini)

      Chinese = heavenly rope

      > *Lacaille 9352 (Piscis Austrini; a nearby star)
      >
      > *NGC 7052 (Vulpeculae; edge-on galaxy with suspected
      > black hole)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
      >
      > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)