Re: Fixed star alignments (February 3, 2008)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 9:29 PM

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > *AM Herculis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      "I am", "AM" (AM talk radio)

      (identity politics, whipping up negative sentiment, demagoguery, slander)

      > *Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)

      Arabic = the talons

      > AQ Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Nanto (Phi Sagittarii)

      Chinese = south dipper

      > *Delta Scuti (variable)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
      >
      > Shir (Rho Leonis)
      >
      > Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)

      women's issues?

      > SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > Alula Boreale (Nu Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris; has planets)
      >
      > *Keenan System (NGC 5216 & 5218 Ursae Majoris;
      > interacting galaxies connected by a filament on the
      > Draco border south of Thuban. Named for the astronomer
      > Philip Childs Keenan [1908-2000], who noticed the
      > filament)

      a bridge between worlds

      > CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Psi-1 Aquarii (has planets)
      >
      > Honda's Star (aka Nova Cygni 1975; V1500 Cygni, a
      > bright 1975 nova discovered by Minoru Honda of Japan)
      >
      > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
      >
      > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
      >
      > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > 16 Cygni B (has planets)
      >
      > S Doradus (one of the brightest known stars, in the
      > Large Magellanic Cloud)
      >
      > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
      >
      > *Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      to crane, to rubberneck

      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
      > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
      >
      > *VW Hydri

      a humble vehicle

      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
      >
      > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      > Cerberus)
      >
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi; a nearby star)
      >
      > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > marks the crown)

      an olive branch, actually

      (efforts to make peace?)

      > FX Cephei
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
      >
      > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      >
      > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Almach (Gamma Andromedae)
      >
      > *Koleon (Mu Arietis)

      Coptic = belly, scabbard

      (female reproductive issues)

      > WX Arietis (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Cih (Gamma Cassiopeiae)
      >
      > *Menkar (Alpha Ceti)
      >
      > *Black Hole Binary (3C 75 Ceti; a pair of merging
      > black holes in the galaxy cluster Abell 400)
      >
      > *Zibal (Zeta Eridani)
      >

      > Pallas
      >

      > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

      Social Security, ships (?)

      > *Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      nibbled to death, food for the fishes

      > Juno
      >

      > *Sabik (Eta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > *Grafias (Zeta-2 Scorpii)
      >
      > *Nova Scorpii 2007 (V1280 Scorpii)
      >
      > *X-Ray Nova Scorpii 1994 (GRO J1655-40 Scorpii; a
      > black hole northwest of Zeta Scorpii in the Scorpion's
      > tail)
      >
      > *Northern Jewel Box (NGC 6231 Scorpii; open cluster)

      treasures of the north (polar bears? the seed depository in the
      Norwegian Arctic?)

      > *Prawn Nebula (IC 4628 Scorpii)

      the abortion issue?

      > Vesta