Re: Fixed star alignments (January 27, 2008)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2008

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Ghusen (109 Herculis; in Cerberus' body)

      the power to guard

      > *AQ Mensae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      having to do with Antarctica (whose Internet top-level domain is .aq)?
      Or maybe with water?

      > *Facies (M-22 Sagittarii; a globular cluster)

      taking aim at somebody or something

      > *Ioannina (Alpha Scuti)

      I think this star's name comes from the Latin for John (Scutum the
      Shield is the shield of King Jan III of Poland; Jan is Polish for John)

      (a john? the john?)

      > *FV Scuti
      >
      > *FH Serpentis (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
      >
      > *Shir (Rho Leonis)

      Persian = head, top

      > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
      >
      > *Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)

      having to do with women (like Hillary Clinton)?

      > SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > Alula Boreale (Nu Ursae Majoris)

      initial or early reaction going north (working out well, or in a
      northern country)

      > Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris)

      initial or early reaction going south (being bad, or from the south,
      like in Australia)

      > CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)

      domestic spying

      > Uranus
      >

      > Psi-1 Aquarii (has planets)
      >
      > *Honda's Star (aka Nova Cygni 1975; V1500 Cygni, a
      > bright 1975 nova discovered by Minoru Honda of Japan)
      >
      > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      flirting with disaster

      > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
      >
      > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
      >
      > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
      >
      > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      "It causes overcoming by evil, which is turned into success, and gives
      danger by beasts." (Robson)

      > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >
      > 16 Cygni B (has planets)
      >
      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      having to do with Islam

      > S Doradus (one of the brightest known stars, in the
      > Large Magellanic Cloud)
      >
      > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
      >
      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
      > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
      >
      > *TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      to tie (bind or link)

      > Pluto
      >

      > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
      >
      > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      > Cerberus)
      >
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi; a nearby star)
      >
      > *Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
      >
      > *Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Eris
      >

      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > marks the crown)
      >
      > FX Cephei
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
      >
      > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      >
      > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Anfal (51 Andromedae)

      Arabic = spoils, plunder

      > *WX Arietis (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Comet Planetary (nebula; NGC 1350 Fornacis)

      disaster, mutation, lack of foresight

      > *Deltotron (Beta Trianguli)

      having to do with change (the Greek letter delta, which is a triangle,
      signifying change)

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Psi-1 Aquarii (has planets)
      >
      > *Honda's Star (aka Nova Cygni 1975; V1500 Cygni, a
      > bright 1975 nova discovered by Minoru Honda of Japan)

      mass insanity

      > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > *Rasalgethi (Alpha Herculis)

      boldness, drive to gain power

      > *Sarin (Delta Herculis)

      something deadly

      > *Minkowski's Butterfly (nebula; Minkowski 2-9
      > Ophiuchi)

      having to do with the soul (religious issues?)

      > *Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)
      >
      > *Denebakrab (Mu-1 Scorpii)

      Arabic = the scorpion's tail

      > Vesta
      >

      > *The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
      > asterism consisting of 26 Cygni and other stars said
      > to resemble a red-necked emu)

      determined to ignore reality and quite possibly pay for it

      > *Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)

      Arabic = the pearls

      (precious things)

      > *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)

      Arabic = the cross

      (having to do with Christianity?)

      > *HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

      pompous in one's authority

      > *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)

      kids going their own way

      > *Rasalkurki (Lambda Gruis)

      trying to grab the brass ring

      > *IL Vulpeculae
      >
      > *QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      somebody being cued or fingered as talented (consultants)

      > Chiron
      >

      > Mo (7 Aquarii)
      >
      > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      >
      > CH Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
      >
      > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
      >
      > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)
      >
      > *Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)

      Chinese = a gourd

      (psychological or psychiatric issues?)

      > Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)

      Arabic = the riding camel

      (taking you across a desert)

      > Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)

      Arabic = the pillar of the cross

      (true Christian believers)

      > Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)

      Chinese = rotten melon

      (like garbage thrown at people)

      > HD 195019 (Delphini; has planets)
      >
      > *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
      >
      > *Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)
      >
      > (MRSL = MRSL Comparison Catalog of H-II Regions,
      > authored by Pavla Marsalkova of the Stefanik
      > Observatory in Prague)

      the propeller beanie brigade? (believing stuff like Barack Obama is a
      Muslim?)

      > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
      > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
      > like the gills, maybe])
      >

      > South Node
      >

      > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)
      >
      > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
      > forepaw)
      >
      > Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)
      >
      > Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)
      >
      > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)
      >
      > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
      > intense X-ray source)
      >
      > *Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
      > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      > Line)

      throwing somebody a lifeline? tethered to somebody (Britney Spears
      being put under conservatorship?)

      > Regor (Gamma Velorum)

      rigor