Re: Fixed star alignments (January 20, 2008)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8 7:23 AM

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > -->Vincla (Theta Corona Australis)

      Latin = chains

      > -->*Cerberus (106 Herculis; marks Cerberus, the
      > three-headed guard dog of Hades, which Hercules is
      > sometimes shown holding in one hand)

      you can enter but you can't leave

      (attempts to obtain justice for those imprisoned at Guantanamo and
      secret CIA prisons?)

      > *Ghusen (109 Herculis; in Cerberus' body)
      >
      > Kaus Borealis (Lambda Sagittarii)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
      >
      > *Dahlgren's Star (V533 Herculis)

      a bridge of some sort (like at Dahlgren, Virginia, south of Washington)(?)

      > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
      >
      > *SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      focus on the southwest US?

      > Alula Boreale (Nu Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > *CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Psi-1 Aquarii (has planets)
      >
      > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
      >
      > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
      > asterism north of Deneb)
      >
      > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
      >
      > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
      >
      > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
      >
      > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > *LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      laziness, not enough effort put forward

      > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      emphasis on violence (like in Iraq)

      > 16 Cygni B (has planets)
      >
      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >
      > S Doradus (one of the brightest known stars, in the
      > Large Magellanic Cloud)
      >
      > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
      >
      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
      > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)

      somebody charismatic or colorful (Barack Obama?)

      > Pluto
      >

      > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
      >
      > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
      >
      > *Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      > Cerberus)
      >
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi; a nearby star)
      >
      > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
      >
      > *DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      dizzy (Obamamania?)

      > Eris
      >

      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > marks the crown)
      >
      > FX Cephei
      >
      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
      >
      > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      >
      > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)
      >
      > Achird (Eta Cassiopeiae)
      >
      > Liberflux (Tau-4 Eridani)
      >

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      focus on unhealthy food

      > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)

      kids doing not very bright things

      > *The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
      > asterism north of Deneb)
      >
      > *Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
      >
      > *Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
      >
      > *Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
      >
      > *HD 217107 (Piscium; has planets)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > *RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

      pressure to conform

      '

      > *Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 16342-3814 Scorpii)
      >
      > *Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Trianguli Australe)

      coming under the influence of something greater

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Mo (7 Aquarii)
      >
      > *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      destructive

      > *Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      somebody or something missing

      > *Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)
      >
      > *Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)
      >
      > *Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)
      >
      > *Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)
      >
      > *HD 195019 (Delphini; has planets)
      >
      > *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      watchful, faithful

      > Chiron
      >

      > Mo (7 Aquarii)

      focus on women (like Hillary Clinton)

      > *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      >
      > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
      >
      > CH Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
      >
      > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
      >
      > *Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)

      something that got away

      > Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)
      >
      > *Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)
      >
      > *Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)
      >
      > *HD 195019 (Delphini; has planets)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
      >
      > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
      > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
      > like the gills, maybe])

      need for transcendence or spiritual nourishment?