Re: Fixed star alignments (March 2, 2008)

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
      LOL sounds pretty hungarian, my late ex was hungarian and talk about
      an expressive family! LOL, went to visit them recently and someone
      came over that I dont know (not family member, but someone who works
      for them) and he's yacking away and my Brother in law says "speak
      english, not everyone here is hungarian" the guy looks around him in
      amazement and looks at Oscar and says "Who's not Hungarian?" in a
      way that I didn't know if he was shocked or disgusted or what...
      still makes me laugh, oh what a passionate group that family is!

      Missb

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, astrocalypse@... wrote:

      > Have you seen/heard about the Hungarian PM and his blog?
      >
      > "There is not much choice. There is not, because we screwed up.
      Not a

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2008

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Vega.html

        > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

        I seem to remember Bernadette said something about this having to do
        with "steady aim."

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Manubrium.html

        > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)
        >
        > Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Alya (Theta Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda])
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log part of the
        > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
        > Line)
        >
        > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > *BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)

        ancient, primitive

        > *Miniature Spiral (NGC 3928 Ursae Majoris)

        down the drain, a tempest in a teacup

        > *HD 75289 (Velorum; has planets)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

        a moth to a flame

        > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
        >
        > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

        nibbled to death

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Nashira.html

        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

        a warning sign

        > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
        >
        > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)

        a humble conveyance

        > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
        > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)

        guardian of the unchanging or rigid

        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

        to tie

        > Pluto
        >

        > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
        >
        > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
        > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
        > Cerberus)

        a passport into danger, a flag of truce

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sinistra.html

        > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

        Arabic = peasant

        > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnasl.html

        pointed, sharp

        > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
        > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
        >
        > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
        >
        > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
        > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
        > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
        > marks the crown)
        >
        > FX Cephei
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
        >
        > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
        >
        > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Botein (Delta Arietis)
        >
        > *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)
        >
        > *Rana (Chi Eridani)

        Latin = frog

        (ugly, or having to do with frogs or amphibians)

        > *V Persei (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)
        >

        > Pallas
        >

        > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
        > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)

        attacking popular entertainment?

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Scheat.html

        > *IP Persei (cataclysmic variable)

        to treat with contempt

        > *NGC 7457 (Pegasi; a galaxy near Scheat)
        >
        > *Sculptor Galaxy (NGC 253 Sculptoris)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > *Choo (Alpha Arae)
        >
        > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

        Hebrew = horns of the altar

        (intense enmity)

        > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)

        Hebrew = good person, righteous

        > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)

        to boldly insult

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Shaula.html

        > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
        >

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

        homelessness, refugees

        > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)
        >
        > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
        >
        > *Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)
        >
        > *Biham (Theta Pegasi)
        >
        > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Chiron
        >

        > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
        >
        > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        >
        > *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)
        >
        > *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
        >
        > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
        >
        > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        >
        > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148-5150 Gruis)
        >
        > Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)
        >
        > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
        >
        > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)
        >
        > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
        > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
        > like the gills, maybe])
        >

        > South Node
        >

        > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

        to see keenly or with little light

        > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alfard.html

        (Bill Clinton in the spotlight?)

        > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
        > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
        > forepaw)

        stalked, toyed with

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Adhafera.html

        > -->Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/aljabhah.htm

        concern with or preoccupation with destruction and violence?

        > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)

        not seeing clearly about a network or patient, passive predator?

        > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
        > intense X-ray source)

        trying to see into the future?

        > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
        > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
        > Line)
        >
        > Regor (Gamma Velorum)

        to rig, to be rigid

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008

          > > As of midnight GMT.
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > *Bered (12 Aquilae)

          Hebrew = hail, hailstorm

          > > *Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic variable
          > > aka nova)
          > >
          > > Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
          >

          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Vega.html
          >

          > > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)
          >

          > I seem to remember Bernadette said something about this having to do
          > with "steady aim."
          >

          > > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

          vulnerability?

          > > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)
          >
          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Manubrium.html
          >

          > > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)

          having to do with the humane-ness of death penalty methods?

          > > *Alya (Theta Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda])

          Arabic = sheep's tail

          (a fat a**? Overweight?)

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log part of the
          > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
          > > Line)
          > >
          > > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

          having to do with coverups?

          > > *BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > ancient, primitive
          >

          > > *Miniature Spiral (NGC 3928 Ursae Majoris)
          >
          > down the drain, a tempest in a teacup
          >

          > > *HD 75289 (Velorum; has planets)
          > >

          > > Uranus
          > >

          > > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
          >
          > a moth to a flame
          >

          > > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

          Chinese = house

          (the housing market? the mortgage crisis?)

          > > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
          >

          > nibbled to death
          >

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
          >
          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Nashira.html
          >

          > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
          >

          > a warning sign
          >

          > > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

          shenanigans

          > > Gruid (Beta Gruis)

          Latin = crane-like (having to do with cranes [the mechanical kind]?)

          > > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
          > >
          > > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > a humble conveyance
          >

          > > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
          > > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
          >

          > guardian of the unchanging or rigid
          >

          > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > to tie
          >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)

          Chinese = the way to long life

          > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
          > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
          > > Cerberus)
          >

          > a passport into danger, a flag of truce
          >

          > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
          > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
          > > Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the name)
          > >
          > > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
          >

          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sinistra.html
          >

          > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
          >

          > Arabic = peasant
          >

          > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
          >

          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnasl.html
          >

          > pointed, sharp
          >

          > > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
          > > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)

          blindness

          > > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

          to inflame, to spin a web, having to do with spiders or arachnids

          > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

          "dizzy" (not thinking right)

          > > Eris
          > >

          > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
          > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
          > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
          > > marks the crown)

          the olive branch

          peacemaking efforts (e.g., in Palestine, in Sudan)

          > > FX Cephei
          > >
          > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
          > >
          > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
          > >
          > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
          > >

          > > Ceres
          > >

          > > *Botein (Delta Arietis)
          > >
          > > *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)

          Arabic = the bright one of the little belly

          (having to do with children's diets?)

          > > *Rana (Chi Eridani)
          >

          > Latin = frog
          >
          > (ugly, or having to do with frogs or amphibians)
          >

          > > *V Persei (cataclysmic variable)

          V for victory

          > > *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)

          Akkadian = the verdant sign

          (having to do with climate and vegetable growth?)

          > > Pallas
          > >

          > > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
          > > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)
          >

          > attacking popular entertainment?
          >

          > > *Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
          > >
          > > *NGC 1399 (Fornacis; a galaxy east of Chi-2 Fornacis
          > > near the Eridanus border)
          > >
          > > *Scheat (Beta Pegasi)
          >
          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Scheat.html
          >

          > > *IP Persei (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > to treat with contempt
          >

          > > *NGC 7457 (Pegasi; a galaxy near Scheat)
          > >
          > > *Sculptor Galaxy (NGC 253 Sculptoris)
          > >

          > > Juno
          > >

          > > *Choo (Alpha Arae)

          Chinese = staff, club, pestle

          (to pound something or somebody)

          > > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
          >
          > Hebrew = horns of the altar
          >
          > (intense enmity)

          > > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)
          >

          > Hebrew = good person, righteous
          >

          > > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)
          >
          > to boldly insult
          >

          > > -->*Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
          > >
          > > -->*Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
          >

          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Shaula.html
          >

          > > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

          having "cojones"

          > > Vesta
          > >

          > > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
          >

          > homelessness, refugees
          >

          > > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

          having to do with breast issues (like breast cancer?)

          > > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

          going fast

          > > *Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

          poor insight having to do with nurturing

          > > *Biham (Theta Pegasi)
          > >
          > > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

          spying or privacy issues?

          > > Chiron
          > >

          > > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

          elusive, tantalizing

          > > *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)

          Arabic = the cross

          (relating to Christianity)

          > > *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
          > >
          > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
          > >
          > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
          > >
          > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148-5150 Gruis)

          traces of somebody's presence?

          > > Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)

          Chinese = heavenly cash

          (thinking God will provide?)

          > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

          when somebody talks, people listen?

          > > North Node
          > >

          > > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
          > >
          > > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)

          boneheaded ideas or activity

          > > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
          > > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
          > > like the gills, maybe])
          > >

          > > South Node
          > >

          > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
          >

          > to see keenly or with little light
          >

          > > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)
          >
          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alfard.html
          >

          > (Bill Clinton in the spotlight?)
          >

          > > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
          > > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
          > > forepaw)
          >

          > stalked, toyed with
          >

          > > -->Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)
          >
          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Adhafera.html
          >

          > > -->Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)
          >

          > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/aljabhah.htm
          >

          > concern with or preoccupation with destruction and violence?
          >

          > > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)
          >

          > not seeing clearly about a network or patient, passive predator?
          >

          > > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
          > > intense X-ray source)
          >

          > trying to see into the future?
          >

          > > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
          > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
          > > Line)

          rescue or communications attempts