Re: Regulas

    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 4, 2008
      that is why I'm ASKING, I dont know of such an alignment.

      MissB

    • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 4, 2008
        > that is why I'm ASKING, I dont know of such an alignment.
        >
        > MissB

        I am stretching to find one but if you are not too particular and are
        willing to disregard all 'casting aspects' or anything inconvenient, what
        about Jamies Lee Curtis -

        *(0)*

        Zuben Elgenubi-Jupiter-Sun-Venus-Antares.

        Dschubba and Acrab are in the mix but if you use Stellarium like I have
        done these two look like they come after Venus.

        Parents were in the film business, haven't seen any article about a
        miserable childhood or anything like that. A successful award winning
        actress, successful marriage to a Lord, happy-go-lucky type it would seem
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 4, 2008
          sounds good, I'm really surprised to not have "seen" something like
          this before, I"m looking for articles and such remarking on other
          planets and such seen with an eclipse, and basically I can find
          Venus a fair amount of both solar and lunar eclipse, and mercury
          with solar quite often, but anything further out and Bracketing sun
          or moon I'm just not seeing much. I think its a very interesting
          alignment. especially to view... Missb

          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 5, 2008
            Not trying to sell their wares for them but the new SF Gold v7 somehow
            took command of the Stellarium software already installed on my computer
            (?) so I can open it directly from SF and it shows the particular chart
            I've been looking at. Fantastic tool if you ask me.

            I wonder if anyone knows how I might incorporate asteroids and
            hypothetical points in the Stellarium??
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 11, 2008
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, astrocalypse@... wrote:

              > Not trying to sell their wares for them but the new SF Gold v7 somehow
              > took command of the Stellarium software already installed on my computer
              > (?) so I can open it directly from SF and it shows the particular chart
              > I've been looking at. Fantastic tool if you ask me.
              >
              > I wonder if anyone knows how I might incorporate asteroids and
              > hypothetical points in the Stellarium??

              Sorry for this late response. I've been hugely busy.

              To answer your question: I have no idea.

              But I'm planning to upgrade to SF7 (as soon as I can spare $144).
              Thanks for the tip.

              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 21, 2008

                > As of midnight GMT.
                >

                > Jupiter
                >

                > *Nova Aquilae 1918 (V603 Aquilae)
                >
                > *Myrtus (Beta Coronae Australis)

                the beauty of being old(?)

                > *Shrichakra (Gamma Coronae Australis)

                fortune's ups and downs

                > *Kalachakra (Delta Coronae Australis)

                time running out

                > *Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
                >
                > Ain al Rami (Nu Sagittarii)
                >
                > Nunki (Sigma Sagittarii)
                >
                > Tien Pien (Beta Scuti)

                Chinese = the heavenly casque

                (casque = helmet)

                (under God's protection?)

                > *Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti)
                >

                > Saturn
                >

                > Chang (Upsilon-1 Hydrae)
                >
                > Shir (Rho Leonis)
                >
                > *Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log park of the
                > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
                > Line)

                something that makes people paranoid, or a lifesaver

                > Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)
                >
                > Keenan System (NGC 5216 & 5218 Ursae Majoris;
                > interacting galaxies connected by a filament on the
                > Draco border south of Thuban. Named for the astronomer
                > Philip Childs Keenan [1908-2000], who noticed the
                > filament)
                >

                > Uranus
                >

                > Honda's Star (aka Nova Cygni 1975; V1500 Cygni, a
                > bright 1975 nova discovered by Minoru Honda of Japan)
                >
                > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
                >

                > Neptune
                >

                > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
                >
                > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
                >
                > 16 Cygni B (has planets)
                >
                > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
                >
                > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
                >
                > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
                > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
                >
                > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
                >
                > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
                > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
                >
                > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
                >

                > Pluto
                >

                > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
                >
                > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
                > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
                > Cerberus)
                >
                > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
                >
                > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
                >
                > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
                >
                > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
                >
                > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
                >
                > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
                > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
                >
                > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
                >
                > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
                >

                > Eris
                >

                > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
                > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
                > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
                > marks the crown)

                the olive branch

                > FX Cephei
                >
                > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
                >
                > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
                >
                > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
                >

                > Ceres
                >

                > *Apis (33 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
                > Apis, the Bee)

                busy-ness

                > *Lilium (35 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
                > Lilium, the Lily)

                purity

                > Lucida Horologii (Alpha Horologii)
                >

                > Pallas
                >

                > *Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae; marks the tail of Lacerta
                > the Lizard, hence the name, which is Latin for
                > "lizard's tail")

                a successful escape (so far, anyway--some guy who perpetrated a
                massacre in a clothing store in Illinois)

                > *BL Lacertae

                a consuming, destructive fire

                (the US presidential election?)

                > *Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)
                >
                > *Markab (Alpha Pegasi)
                >
                > *Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)
                >
                > *51 Pegasi (has planets)
                >
                > *Pegasus 1 Cluster (NGC 7619 Pegasi)
                >
                > *Zeta Reticuli (associated with alleged ET encounters)
                >

                > Juno
                >

                > *Imad (Theta Ophiuchi)

                Arabic = pillar

                > *Wajrik (Xi Ophiuchi)

                Arabic = magician

                > *Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)

                bugged, annoyed, infested, contaminated

                > *Cotton Candy Nebula (CRL 6815 Scorpii)

                having no substance

                > *Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australe)
                >

                > Vesta
                >

                > *Network Nebula (NGC 6992 Cygni)
                >
                > *M-15 (Pegasi; densest known globular cluster)
                >

                > Chiron
                >

                > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
                >
                > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
                >
                > *Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

                having to surface

                (various old criminal cases being reopened?)

                > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
                >
                > Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)
                >
                > Dhanishtra (Theta Delphini)

                Sanskrit = richest

                (whoever's got the most = Obama?)

                > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
                >
                > *Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)

                Arabic = the tail (of the crane)

                > *Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)

                Chinese = heavenly cash

                (dependent on fortune?)

                > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
                >

                > North Node
                >

                > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
                >
                > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)
                >
                > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
                > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
                > like the gills, maybe])
                >

                > South Node
                >

                > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
                >
                > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)
                >
                > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
                > forepaw)
                >
                > Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)
                >
                > Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)
                >
                > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)
                >
                > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
                > intense X-ray source)
                >
                > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
                > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
                > Line)
                >
                > Regor (Gamma Velorum)

              • PeterKecskés
                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 25, 2008
                  Dear Mark !
                  In your last post I found some interesting starnames.
                  I wonder that maybe - if time permits - could you
                  upload a file of those special starnames that not so
                  well known like Kalachakra, Shrichakra, Myrtus etc. We
                  already discussed this some time before. I'm working
                  with the fixed stars and I'm pretty much interested in
                  this topic, Yours, Peter Kecskés

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 25, 2008
                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Peter "Kecskés"
                    <terminusen@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Mark !
                    > In your last post I found some interesting starnames.
                    > I wonder that maybe - if time permits - could you
                    > upload a file of those special starnames that not so
                    > well known like Kalachakra, Shrichakra, Myrtus etc. We
                    > already discussed this some time before. I'm working
                    > with the fixed stars and I'm pretty much interested in
                    > this topic, Yours, Peter Kecskés

                    I've got it on my to-do list.

                    BTW: Work on that Excel fixed-star list I mentioned earlier is
                    progressing, slowly but surely. I decided to do it in sections
                    (because doing all 88 constellations at once would be real big and
                    difficult if not impossible to upload). The constellations from A to
                    C are about 60 to 70 percent complete, and after I've got that
                    uploaded I'll start on Delphinus and Draco to...maybe Hydrus.
                    Eridanus and Hydra are real big. I'm kind of playing it by ear.

                    Mark A. Holmes