Fixed star alignments (March 2, 2008)

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      *Bered (12 Aquilae)

      *Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic variable
      aka nova)

      Vega (Alpha Lyrae)

      *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

      *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)

      *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

      Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)

      *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)

      Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)

      *Alya (Theta Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda])

      Saturn

      Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log park of the
      obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      Line)

      *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

      *BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)

      *Miniature Spiral (NGC 3928 Ursae Majoris)

      *HD 75289 (Velorum; has planets)

      Uranus

      Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Neptune

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

      Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)

      VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)

      Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
      constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      Pluto

      Tao Shou (Theta Arae)

      Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
      sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
      Cerberus)

      Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
      close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
      Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the name)

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

      Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

      Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)

      Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)

      Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
      Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)

      Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

      DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Eris

      Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      marks the crown)

      FX Cephei

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)

      Revati (Zeta Piscium)

      Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)

      Ceres

      *Botein (Delta Arietis)

      *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)

      *Rana (Chi Eridani)

      *V Persei (cataclysmic variable)

      *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)

      Pallas

      *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
      asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)

      *Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)

      *NGC 1399 (Fornacis; a galaxy east of Chi-2 Fornacis
      near the Eridanus border)

      *Scheat (Beta Pegasi)

      *IP Persei (cataclysmic variable)

      *NGC 7457 (Pegasi; a galaxy near Scheat)

      *Sculptor Galaxy (NGC 253 Sculptoris)

      Juno

      *Choo (Alpha Arae)

      *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

      *Zadok (Gamma Arae)

      *Grumium (Xi Draconis)

      *Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)

      *Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)

      Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

      Vesta

      *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

      *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

      *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

      *Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

      *Biham (Theta Pegasi)

      *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

      Chiron

      Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)

      Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)

      *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)

      Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)

      Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148-5150 Gruis)

      Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)

      EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

      North Node

      Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)

      Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)

      Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
      the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
      like the gills, maybe])

      South Node

      Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)

      Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
      forepaw)

      Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)

      Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)

      Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)

      Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
      intense X-ray source)

      Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
      obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
      Line)

      Regor (Gamma Velorum)

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2008
        thoughts bellow

        > *Bered (12 Aquilae)
        >
        > *Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic variable
        > aka nova)
        >
        > Vega (Alpha Lyrae)

        music/the lyre

        > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

        associated with warriors, like Hannibal, great warriors but often
        disfigured...

        lining up with two such strong stars seems like it would be of
        significance.

        > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >
        > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
        >
        > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
        > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
        >
        > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
        > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
        > Cerberus)

        Dreams of peace?

        > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
        > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
        > Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the name)
        >

        > Pallas

        > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
        > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)

        insert humor here, ya think the gods are interested in gilligans
        Island or one of those reality TV shows? :) sorry it was a humorous
        stray thought

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2008
          --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

          > thoughts bellow
          >

          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
          > Holmes
          > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > *Bered (12 Aquilae)
          > >
          > > *Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic
          > variable
          > > aka nova)
          > >
          > > Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
          >
          > music/the lyre
          > >
          > > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)
          >
          > associated with warriors, like Hannibal, great
          > warriors but often
          > disfigured...
          >

          > lining up with two such strong stars seems like it
          > would be of
          > significance.

          John McCain? I don't really want to sing any paeans to
          this guy, but he is a war hero (as the Vietnam War
          goes), and he was willing to go against Bush on
          outlawing torture, and he's had cancer surgery done on
          his face,

          > > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
          > >

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
          > >
          > > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
          > >
          > > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
          > >
          > > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
          > >
          > > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
          > > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
          > >
          > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
          > >
          > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
          > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
          > > Cerberus)
          >
          > Dreams of peace?

          Maybe. Or, the significance of knowing how to move
          around in unfamiliar territory. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
          can drive through Baghdad in broad daylight and spend
          the night at Iraq's presidential palace, but not
          George W. Bush.

          > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
          > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer
          > than
          > > Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the
          > name)
          > >

          > > Pallas
          >

          > > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a
          > small
          > > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)
          >
          > insert humor here, ya think the gods are interested
          > in gilligans
          > Island or one of those reality TV shows? :) sorry
          > it was a humorous
          > stray thought

          You know, the SS Minnow on "Gilligan's Island" was not
          named for the fish, but for Newton Minow (one "n"),
          who was FCC Chairman during John Kennedy's presidency
          and who famously called TV "a vast wasteland."

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_Minow

          Some people thought Minow's comment was elitist.

          There have been complaints that the Democratic Party's
          system of superdelegates stinks of backroom dealing
          overriding and thwarting the people's will...

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
            see bellow
            > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
            > > Holmes
            > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Jupiter
            > *Bered (12 Aquilae)
            >
            > *Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic
            variable
            > aka nova)
            >
            > Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
            >
            > music/the lyre
            >
            > > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)
            >
            > associated with warriors, like Hannibal, great
            > warriors but often
            > > disfigured...
            > >

            > > lining up with two such strong stars seems like it
            > > would be of
            > > significance.
            >

            > John McCain? I don't really want to sing any paeans to
            > this guy, but he is a war hero (as the Vietnam War
            > goes), and he was willing to go against Bush on
            > outlawing torture, and he's had cancer surgery done on
            > his face,

            hmmm possibly but somehow I'm not seeing a whole lot of significance
            there ... just have to wait and see I guess?

            > > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
            > >

            > Neptune
            > >

            > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
            > >
            > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
            > >
            > > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
            > >
            > > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
            > >
            > > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
            > >
            > > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
            > >
            > > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
            > > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
            > >
            > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
            > >

            > > Pluto
            > >

            > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
            > >
            > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
            > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
            > > Cerberus)
            >
            > Dreams of peace?

            Maybe. Or, the significance of knowing how to move
            around in unfamiliar territory. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
            can drive through Baghdad in broad daylight and spend
            the night at Iraq's presidential palace, but not
            George W. Bush.

            MissB - W has done so several times, just hasn't been all that well
            publicized.

            > > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
            > > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer
            > > than
            > > > Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the
            > > name)
            > > >

            > > > Pallas
            > >

            > > > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a
            > > small
            > > > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)
            > >
            > > insert humor here, ya think the gods are interested
            > > in gilligans
            > > Island or one of those reality TV shows? :) sorry
            > > it was a humorous
            > > stray thought
            >

            > You know, the SS Minnow on "Gilligan's Island" was not
            > named for the fish, but for Newton Minow (one "n"),
            > who was FCC Chairman during John Kennedy's presidency
            > and who famously called TV "a vast wasteland."
            >
            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_Minow
            >
            > Some people thought Minow's comment was elitist.
            >
            > There have been complaints that the Democratic Party's
            > system of superdelegates stinks of backroom dealing
            > overriding and thwarting the people's will...
            >

            > Mark A. Holmes

            hey Mark that makes it all the mroe humorous to me, and all the more
            applicable. :) MissB
          • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
              >> > small
              >> >
              >> > insert humor here, ya think the gods are interested
              >> > in gilligans
              >> > Island or one of those reality TV shows? :) sorry
              >> > it was a humorous
              >> > stray thought

              Have you seen/heard about the Hungarian PM and his blog?

              "There is not much choice. There is not, because we screwed up. Not a
              little, a lot. No European country has done something as boneheaded as we
              have.

              "Evidently, we lied throughout the last year-and-a-half, two years. It was
              totally clear that what we are saying is not true.

              "You cannot quote any significant government measure we can be proud of,
              other than at the end we managed to bring the government back from the
              brink. Nothing. If we have to give account to the country about what we
              did for four years, then what do we say?"

              Mr Gyurcsany thanks "divine providence, the abundance of cash in the world
              economy and hundreds of tricks" for keeping the economy above board.

              In a speech sprinkled with obscenities, he says: "We lied in the morning,
              we lied in the evening."

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
                LOL sounds pretty hungarian, my late ex was hungarian and talk about
                an expressive family! LOL, went to visit them recently and someone
                came over that I dont know (not family member, but someone who works
                for them) and he's yacking away and my Brother in law says "speak
                english, not everyone here is hungarian" the guy looks around him in
                amazement and looks at Oscar and says "Who's not Hungarian?" in a
                way that I didn't know if he was shocked or disgusted or what...
                still makes me laugh, oh what a passionate group that family is!

                Missb

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 9, 2008

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Vega.html

                  > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

                  I seem to remember Bernadette said something about this having to do
                  with "steady aim."

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Manubrium.html

                  > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > *Alya (Theta Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda])
                  >

                  > Saturn
                  >

                  > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log part of the
                  > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
                  > Line)
                  >
                  > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)
                  >
                  > *BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)

                  ancient, primitive

                  > *Miniature Spiral (NGC 3928 Ursae Majoris)

                  down the drain, a tempest in a teacup

                  > *HD 75289 (Velorum; has planets)
                  >

                  > Uranus
                  >

                  > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

                  a moth to a flame

                  > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
                  >
                  > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

                  nibbled to death

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Nashira.html

                  > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

                  a warning sign

                  > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)
                  >
                  > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
                  >
                  > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
                  >
                  > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)

                  a humble conveyance

                  > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
                  > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)

                  guardian of the unchanging or rigid

                  > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

                  to tie

                  > Pluto
                  >

                  > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
                  >
                  > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
                  > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
                  > Cerberus)

                  a passport into danger, a flag of truce

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sinistra.html

                  > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

                  Arabic = peasant

                  > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnasl.html

                  pointed, sharp

                  > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
                  > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)
                  >
                  > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
                  >

                  > Eris
                  >

                  > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
                  > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
                  > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
                  > marks the crown)
                  >
                  > FX Cephei
                  >
                  > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
                  >
                  > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
                  >
                  > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
                  >

                  > Ceres
                  >

                  > *Botein (Delta Arietis)
                  >
                  > *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)
                  >
                  > *Rana (Chi Eridani)

                  Latin = frog

                  (ugly, or having to do with frogs or amphibians)

                  > *V Persei (cataclysmic variable)
                  >
                  > *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)
                  >

                  > Pallas
                  >

                  > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
                  > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)

                  attacking popular entertainment?

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Scheat.html

                  > *IP Persei (cataclysmic variable)

                  to treat with contempt

                  > *NGC 7457 (Pegasi; a galaxy near Scheat)
                  >
                  > *Sculptor Galaxy (NGC 253 Sculptoris)
                  >

                  > Juno
                  >

                  > *Choo (Alpha Arae)
                  >
                  > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

                  Hebrew = horns of the altar

                  (intense enmity)

                  > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)

                  Hebrew = good person, righteous

                  > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)

                  to boldly insult

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Shaula.html

                  > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
                  >

                  > Vesta
                  >

                  > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

                  homelessness, refugees

                  > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)
                  >
                  > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
                  >
                  > *Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)
                  >
                  > *Biham (Theta Pegasi)
                  >
                  > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)
                  >

                  > Chiron
                  >

                  > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
                  >
                  > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
                  >
                  > *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)
                  >
                  > *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
                  >
                  > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
                  >
                  > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
                  >
                  > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148-5150 Gruis)
                  >
                  > Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)
                  >
                  > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
                  >

                  > North Node
                  >

                  > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
                  >
                  > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)
                  >
                  > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
                  > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
                  > like the gills, maybe])
                  >

                  > South Node
                  >

                  > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

                  to see keenly or with little light

                  > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alfard.html

                  (Bill Clinton in the spotlight?)

                  > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                  > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
                  > forepaw)

                  stalked, toyed with

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Adhafera.html

                  > -->Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)

                  http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/aljabhah.htm

                  concern with or preoccupation with destruction and violence?

                  > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)

                  not seeing clearly about a network or patient, passive predator?

                  > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
                  > intense X-ray source)

                  trying to see into the future?

                  > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
                  > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
                  > Line)
                  >
                  > Regor (Gamma Velorum)

                  to rig, to be rigid

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008

                    > > As of midnight GMT.
                    > >

                    > > Jupiter
                    > >

                    > > *Bered (12 Aquilae)

                    Hebrew = hail, hailstorm

                    > > *Nova Aquilae 1905 (V604 Aquilae; cataclysmic variable
                    > > aka nova)
                    > >
                    > > Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
                    >

                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Vega.html
                    >

                    > > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)
                    >

                    > I seem to remember Bernadette said something about this having to do
                    > with "steady aim."
                    >

                    > > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
                    > >
                    > > *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

                    vulnerability?

                    > > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)
                    >
                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Manubrium.html
                    >

                    > > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)
                    > >
                    > > Hecatebolus (Tau Sagittarii)

                    having to do with the humane-ness of death penalty methods?

                    > > *Alya (Theta Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda])

                    Arabic = sheep's tail

                    (a fat a**? Overweight?)

                    > > Saturn
                    > >

                    > > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marking the log part of the
                    > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
                    > > Line)
                    > >
                    > > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

                    having to do with coverups?

                    > > *BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)
                    >
                    > ancient, primitive
                    >

                    > > *Miniature Spiral (NGC 3928 Ursae Majoris)
                    >
                    > down the drain, a tempest in a teacup
                    >

                    > > *HD 75289 (Velorum; has planets)
                    > >

                    > > Uranus
                    > >

                    > > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
                    >
                    > a moth to a flame
                    >

                    > > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

                    Chinese = house

                    (the housing market? the mortgage crisis?)

                    > > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
                    >

                    > nibbled to death
                    >

                    > > Neptune
                    > >

                    > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
                    >
                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Nashira.html
                    >

                    > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
                    >

                    > a warning sign
                    >

                    > > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

                    shenanigans

                    > > Gruid (Beta Gruis)

                    Latin = crane-like (having to do with cranes [the mechanical kind]?)

                    > > *Tau-1 Gruis (has planets)
                    > >
                    > > VW Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
                    >

                    > a humble conveyance
                    >

                    > > Polophylax (Zeta Tucanae; marks the obsolete
                    > > constellation Polophylax, the Pole Guard)
                    >

                    > guardian of the unchanging or rigid
                    >

                    > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
                    >

                    > to tie
                    >

                    > > Pluto
                    > >

                    > > Tao Shou (Theta Arae)

                    Chinese = the way to long life

                    > > Ramo (95 Herculis; the Branch, which Hercules is
                    > > sometimes shown holding in his hand, sometimes
                    > > Cerberus)
                    >

                    > a passport into danger, a flag of truce
                    >

                    > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
                    > > close to the south celestial pole, even closer than
                    > > Polaris Australis [Sigma Octantis], hence the name)
                    > >
                    > > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
                    >

                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Sinistra.html
                    >

                    > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
                    >

                    > Arabic = peasant
                    >

                    > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
                    >

                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnasl.html
                    >

                    > pointed, sharp
                    >

                    > > Lagoon Nebula (M-8 Sagittarii)
                    > >
                    > > Trifid Nebula (M-20 Sagittarii)
                    > >
                    > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; the Lagoon and
                    > > Trifid Nebulas plus the star cluster M-21)

                    blindness

                    > > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

                    to inflame, to spin a web, having to do with spiders or arachnids

                    > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

                    "dizzy" (not thinking right)

                    > > Eris
                    > >

                    > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
                    > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
                    > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
                    > > marks the crown)

                    the olive branch

                    peacemaking efforts (e.g., in Palestine, in Sudan)

                    > > FX Cephei
                    > >
                    > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
                    > >
                    > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
                    > >
                    > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
                    > >

                    > > Ceres
                    > >

                    > > *Botein (Delta Arietis)
                    > >
                    > > *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)

                    Arabic = the bright one of the little belly

                    (having to do with children's diets?)

                    > > *Rana (Chi Eridani)
                    >

                    > Latin = frog
                    >
                    > (ugly, or having to do with frogs or amphibians)
                    >

                    > > *V Persei (cataclysmic variable)

                    V for victory

                    > > *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)

                    Akkadian = the verdant sign

                    (having to do with climate and vegetable growth?)

                    > > Pallas
                    > >

                    > > *The Flying Minnow (Harrington STAR 4 Aurigae, a small
                    > > asterism southeast of Phi Aurigae)
                    >

                    > attacking popular entertainment?
                    >

                    > > *Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
                    > >
                    > > *NGC 1399 (Fornacis; a galaxy east of Chi-2 Fornacis
                    > > near the Eridanus border)
                    > >
                    > > *Scheat (Beta Pegasi)
                    >
                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Scheat.html
                    >

                    > > *IP Persei (cataclysmic variable)
                    >

                    > to treat with contempt
                    >

                    > > *NGC 7457 (Pegasi; a galaxy near Scheat)
                    > >
                    > > *Sculptor Galaxy (NGC 253 Sculptoris)
                    > >

                    > > Juno
                    > >

                    > > *Choo (Alpha Arae)

                    Chinese = staff, club, pestle

                    (to pound something or somebody)

                    > > *Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
                    >
                    > Hebrew = horns of the altar
                    >
                    > (intense enmity)

                    > > *Zadok (Gamma Arae)
                    >

                    > Hebrew = good person, righteous
                    >

                    > > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)
                    >
                    > to boldly insult
                    >

                    > > -->*Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
                    > >
                    > > -->*Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
                    >

                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Shaula.html
                    >

                    > > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

                    having "cojones"

                    > > Vesta
                    > >

                    > > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
                    >

                    > homelessness, refugees
                    >

                    > > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

                    having to do with breast issues (like breast cancer?)

                    > > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

                    going fast

                    > > *Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

                    poor insight having to do with nurturing

                    > > *Biham (Theta Pegasi)
                    > >
                    > > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

                    spying or privacy issues?

                    > > Chiron
                    > >

                    > > Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)
                    > >
                    > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

                    elusive, tantalizing

                    > > *Al Salib (Delta Delphini)

                    Arabic = the cross

                    (relating to Christianity)

                    > > *Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
                    > >
                    > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
                    > >
                    > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
                    > >
                    > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148-5150 Gruis)

                    traces of somebody's presence?

                    > > Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)

                    Chinese = heavenly cash

                    (thinking God will provide?)

                    > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

                    when somebody talks, people listen?

                    > > North Node
                    > >

                    > > Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
                    > >
                    > > Propeller Nebula (MRSL 479 Cygni)

                    boneheaded ideas or activity

                    > > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini; close to
                    > > the heart of Piscis Austrini the Southern Fish [more
                    > > like the gills, maybe])
                    > >

                    > > South Node
                    > >

                    > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
                    >

                    > to see keenly or with little light
                    >

                    > > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)
                    >
                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alfard.html
                    >

                    > (Bill Clinton in the spotlight?)
                    >

                    > > Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                    > > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
                    > > forepaw)
                    >

                    > stalked, toyed with
                    >

                    > > -->Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)
                    >
                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Adhafera.html
                    >

                    > > -->Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)
                    >

                    > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/aljabhah.htm
                    >

                    > concern with or preoccupation with destruction and violence?
                    >

                    > > Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)
                    >

                    > not seeing clearly about a network or patient, passive predator?
                    >

                    > > Puppis A (2U 0821-42 Puppis; a supernova remnant and
                    > > intense X-ray source)
                    >

                    > trying to see into the future?
                    >

                    > > Funis (Beta Pyxidis; marks the line part of the
                    > > obsolete constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and
                    > > Line)

                    rescue or communications attempts