Homam

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      Homam

      Mark sent, in answer to Trish's query

      1b. Re: Fixed star alignments (December 30, 2007)
          Posted by: "Mark Andrew Holmes" mahtezcatpoc@... mahtezcatpoc
          Date: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:22 am ((PST))

      --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

      > Hi Mark,

      > What's the reference for this? ("hero's lucky
      > star").    Thanks!

      > Trish Marie

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Homan.html

      Mark A. Holmes
      ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

      Be careful of Anne Wright's website - it's useful but has a lot of errors.
      (She takes things from books but doesn't check them out)

      According to Kunitzsch, the leading authority on Arabic star names:

      "Of the 10 sets of stars in the region of today's Aquarius, Capricorn and
      Pegasus, whose indigenous-Arabic names begin with the word sa'd, none of
      their meanings are really known. The knowledge was lost by the Arabs
      themselves centuries ago. As a common noun in Arabic, sa'd means "luck."
      Furthermore, it has been suggested that all these stars may have been
      associated with a pagan Arabic deity called Sa'd."

      Under Homam (m at the end) Kunitzsch has "Applied in recent times from an
      abbreviation of the indigenous-Arabic name sa'd al-humam, for Zeta and Xi
      Pegasi. A possible meaning for the name is "the Lucky (Stars) of the Hero," but
      the exact historical connections are unknown."

      I checked the people I have in this area - one stands out in relation to this
      discussion - it's the SNode of mathematician-cosmologist Stephen Hawking
      (severely disabled by ALS, barely able to speak) which fits the "whisperer"
      idea.

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2008
        Homam

        Oops

        I wrote

        I checked the people I have in this area - one stands out in relation to this discussion - it's the SNode of mathematician-cosmologist Stephen Hawking (severely disabled by ALS, barely able to speak) which fits the "whisperer"

        idea.
        ==
        Should have mentioned that another possible meaning was Al Hammam, the Whisperer.

        Love, Diana

        Website: http://ye-stars.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2008
          --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

          > Oops
          >
          > I wrote
          >
          > I checked the people I have in this area - one
          > stands out in relation to
          > this discussion - it's the SNode of
          > mathematician-cosmologist Stephen
          > Hawking (severely disabled by ALS, barely able to
          > speak) which fits the
          > "whisperer"
          > idea.
          > ==
          > Should have mentioned that another possible meaning
          > was Al Hammam, the
          > Whisperer.

          Any idea how that might relate to events (of the week
          of last December 30, when the Homan alignment was in
          force)?

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
            Homam

            > Should have mentioned that another possible meaning was Al Hammam, the
            > Whisperer.

            Mark sent

            Any idea how that might relate to events (of the week of last December 30, when the Homan alignment was in force)?
            ===================
            Sorry, can't think of any....maybe a candidate with laryngitis?

            Love, Diana

            Website: http://ye-stars.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
              --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

              > > Should have mentioned that another possible
              > meaning was Al Hammam, the
              > > Whisperer.
              >
              > Mark sent
              >
              > Any idea how that might relate to events (of the
              > week of last December 30,
              > when the Homan alignment was in force)?
              > Sorry, can't think of any....maybe a candidate with
              > laryngitis?

              They've certainly been talking a lot.

              Be a better friend, newshound, and