Re: Fixed star alignments (December 23, 2007)

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9 12:38 AM

> [...]
      > > asterism north of Deneb)
      >

      > having to do with gambling
      >

      > > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
      > >
      > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > having to do with scheduling (like on the Iraq War)
      >

      > > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
      >

      > kicked, butts kicked
      >

      > > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
      > >

      > having to do with fires (sudden fires)
      >

      > > Neptune
      > >

      > > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >

      > preoccupation with violence and destruction
      >

      > > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >

      > having to do with Islam
      >

      > > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
      > > asterism in Cygnus)
      >

      > paying the price for ignoring reality
      >

      > > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
      >

      > Arabic = the pearls
      >
      > (precious gems)
      >

      > > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > self-important
      >

      > > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
      >

      > coming in second
      >

      > > *Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
      > > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
      >

      > colorful people
      >

      > > Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)
      >

      > rubbernecking
      >

      > > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > having to do with Illinois or illness
      >

      > > Pluto
      > >

      > > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
      >

      > isolation
      >

      > > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
      >

      > feet planted firmly on the ground while wrestling with something
      >

      > > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
      >

      > something blessed
      >

      > > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > thrilled, understanding, exhausted
      >

      > > *Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi; a nearby star)
      > >
      > > --->Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
      > > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)
      >

      > something trying to transition
      >

      > > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
      >
      > "painful torment"
      >

      > > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
      > >

      > > Eris
      > >

      > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > > marks the crown)
      > >
      > > FX Cephei
      > >
      > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      > >
      > > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
      >

      > having to do with the ocean depths (with whaling or pollution?)
      >

      > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      > >
      > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
      > >

      > > Ceres
      > >

      > > Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)
      > >
      > > The Fath (NGC 708 Andromedae)
      > >
      > > Achird (Eta Cassiopeiae)
      > >
      > > Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae)
      >

      > relentlessly devouring
      >

      > > Kaffaljidhma (Gamma Ceti)
      >

      > Arabic = part of a hand
      >
      > http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~kaler/sow/kaffaljidhma.html
      >

      > > *Azha (Eta Eridani)
      >

      > Arabic = the ostrich's nest, or the breeding place
      >
      > http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~kaler/sow/azha.html
      >
      > (nurturing people who don't want to face facts?)

      Latin = freely flowing

      > > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > "see, see" (look at that, look at me); carbon copies (clones, having
      > to do with cloning)
      >

      > > Pallas
      > >

      > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
      >

      > having to do with homelessness or refugees
      >

      > > Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

      having to do with breasts (breast cancer? breast exposure?)

      > > Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

      steering in flight

      > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      > >

      > > Juno
      > >

      > > *Mamajek 1 (Chamaeleontis; Eta Chamaeleontis and other
      > > stars comprising an open cluster)
      > >
      > > *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)
      > >
      > > *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini)
      >

      > an accomplishment made by an unlikely or unassuming person
      >

      > > *Turtle Nebula (NGC 6210 Herculis)
      >

      > withdrawing into one's shell, overturning, moving at a slow pace
      >

      > > *Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)

      waiting for prey, spinning a web

      > > *IM Normae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > "I am normal"
      >

      > > *Marfik (Eta Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > *Jabbah (Nu Scorpii)
      > >
      > > *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)
      > >

      > > Vesta
      > >

      > > *Altair (Alpha Aquilae)

      From SolarFire 5's Brady file:

      "The star indicates the strength or courage to go forward in life. To
      seize the moment, to act quickly. Its more shadowy side can lead to
      aggressive action, to acting without caring or concern."

      > > *Tarazed (Gamma Aquilae)

      Arabic = "plundering falcon"

      > > *Bezek (Eta Aquilae)

      Hebrew = lightning

      > > *Antinous (58 Aquilae; near Bezek; marks the head of
      > > the obsolete constellation Antinous, the Abducted Boy)

      > > *AX Capricorni (cataclysmic variable)

      axed? ask?

      > > *Albireo (Beta Cygni)
      > >
      > > *Shay We (Beta Hydri)

      Chinese = the serpent's tail

      > > *Aladfar (Eta Lyrae)

      Arabic = the claws

      > > *MV Lyrae (cataclysmic variable)

      moving, motor vehicles

      > > *Sham (Alpha Sagittae)

      > > Chiron
      > >

      > > Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)
      > >
      > > AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      arts and entertainment?

      > > Armus (Eta Capricorni)

      persistent and annoying

      > > Gliese 777A (Cygni; has extrasolar planet)
      > >
      > > Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)
      > >
      > > Lucida Globi (Epsilon Microscopii; the brightest star
      > > in the obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus [the
      > > Hot Air Balloon]).
      > >

      > > North Node
      > >

      > > Network Nebula (NGC 6992 Cygni; diffuse nebula)

      networking? "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore"?

      > > M-15 (Pegasi; globular cluster, densest known)

      a tightly knit or exclusive group?

      > > South Node
      > >

      > > Drys (Chi Carinae)

      Greek = tree

      (having to do with trees or forests?)

      > > Regulus (Alpha Leonis)

      From SolarFire's Brady file:

      "All of the Royal Stars promise great potential and success as long as
      a particular human nemesis is avoided. In Regulus' case, the issue is
      that of revenge and if strong in a chart, the individual needs to
      avoid this temptation."

      > > Algeiba (aka Algenubi; Gamma Leonis)
      > >
      > > Leo I Galaxy (UGC 5470 Leonis)
      > >
      > > Kappa Pyxidis
      > >
      > > *Ta Tsun (Psi Ursae Majoris)

      Chinese = meritorious attainment

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9 7:35 AM
        > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes
        > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > As of midnight GMT.
        > > >

        > > > Jupiter
        > > >

        > > > *Tao Shou (Theta Arae)
        > >

        > > Chinese = the path to longevity
        > >

        > > > *Ramo (95 Herculis; marks the obsolete constellation
        > > > Ramo the Branch, or the Apple Branch, aka Cerberus,
        > > > both represented as held in Hercules' left hand)
        > >

        > > a passport to forbidden places
        > >

        > > > *Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis, a galaxy
        > > > close to the south celestial pole)
        > >

        > > having to find one's own way more than ever, having trouble figuring
        > > out where down is
        > >

        > > > Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > Arabic = peasant
        > >
        > > (the little people having their say? like in the US presidential
        > > campaign? The 2000 and 2004 campaigns were almost like coronations,
        > > especially on the Republican side)
        > >

        > > > *Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
        > > > constellation Taurus Poniatovii, Poniatowski's Bull)
        > >

        > > "Taurus Poniatovii:...It is said to give obstinacy and changeability,
        > > emotion, honor and renown." (Robson)
        > >

        > > > *Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
        > >

        > > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alnasl.html
        > >

        > > > *Spiculum (M-8/M-20/M-21 Sagittarii, the Lagoon and
        > > > Trifid Nebulae and an open cluster, respectively)
        > >

        > > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Spiculum.html
        > >

        > > > *Red Spider Nebulae (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
        > >

        > > spiders, data mining, getting bitten or stung
        > >

        > > > *DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
        > >

        > > "dizzy" (more about Britney Spears?)
        > >

        > > > Saturn
        > > >

        > > > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
        > >

        > > guarding or making some sort of treasure
        > >

        > > > M-105 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
        > > >
        > > > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
        > > >
        > > > Alioth (Epsilon Ursae Majoris)
        > >

        > > http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alioth.html
        > >

        > > > Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris; diffuse
        > > > nebula)
        > >

        > > in a dangerous situation
        > >

        > > > Uranus
        > > >

        > > > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
        > > >
        > > > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
        > >

        > > having to do with junk or forbidden food
        > >

        > > > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
        > >

        > > having to do with the foolishness of children
        > >

        > > > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
        > > > asterism north of Deneb)
        > >

        > > having to do with gambling
        > >

        > > > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

        From SolarFire 5's Brady file:

        "This star has a strong effect in event charts indicating issues of
        fire and flood. On a personal note it seems to indicate an individual
        who will take many risks and is therefore prone to move from one
        difficulty to another."

        > > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > having to do with scheduling (like on the Iraq War)
        > >

        > > > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
        > >

        > > kicked, butts kicked
        > >

        > > > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
        > > >

        > > having to do with fires (sudden fires)
        > >

        > > > Neptune
        > > >

        > > > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
        > >

        > > preoccupation with violence and destruction
        > >

        > > > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
        > >

        > > having to do with Islam
        > >

        > > > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
        > > > asterism in Cygnus)
        > >

        > > paying the price for ignoring reality
        > >

        > > > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
        > >

        > > Arabic = the pearls
        > >
        > > (precious gems)
        > >

        > > > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > self-important
        > >

        > > > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
        > >

        > > coming in second
        > >

        > > > *Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
        > > > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
        > >

        > > colorful people
        > >

        > > > Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)
        > >

        > > rubbernecking
        > >

        > > > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > having to do with Illinois or illness
        > >

        > > > Pluto
        > > >

        > > > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        > >

        > > isolation
        > >

        > > > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
        > >

        > > feet planted firmly on the ground while wrestling with something
        > >

        > > > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
        > >

        > > something blessed
        > >

        > > > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > thrilled, understanding, exhausted
        > >

        > > > *Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi; a nearby star)
        > > >
        > > > --->Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
        > > > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)
        > >

        > > something trying to transition
        > >

        > > > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        > > >
        > > > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        > >
        > > "painful torment"
        > >

        > > > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
        > > >

        > > > Eris
        > > >

        > > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
        > > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
        > > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
        > > > marks the crown)

        having to do with executive power

        > > > FX Cephei

        special effects, a surreal display

        > > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)

        on the move

        > > > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
        > >

        > > having to do with the ocean depths (with whaling or pollution?)
        > >

        > > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)

        abundance

        > > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)

        just barely missing

        > > > Ceres
        > > >

        > > > Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)

        having to do with tightened immigration control

        > > > The Fath (NGC 708 Andromedae)

        Fath is Arabic for "conquest"

        > > > Achird (Eta Cassiopeiae)

        means possibly "girdle"

        (an award, or possibly relates to maintaining a figure or dieting)

        > > > Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae)
        > >

        > > relentlessly devouring
        > >

        > > > Kaffaljidhma (Gamma Ceti)
        > >

        > > Arabic = part of a hand
        > >
        > > http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~kaler/sow/kaffaljidhma.html
        > >

        > > > *Azha (Eta Eridani)
        > >

        > > Arabic = the ostrich's nest, or the breeding place
        > >
        > > http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~kaler/sow/azha.html
        > >
        > > (nurturing people who don't want to face facts?)
        > >

        > > > Liberflux (Tau-4 Eridani)
        >

        > Latin = freely flowing
        >

        > > > *CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > "see, see" (look at that, look at me); carbon copies (clones, having
        > > to do with cloning)
        > >

        > > > Pallas
        > > >

        > > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
        > >

        > > having to do with homelessness or refugees
        > >

        > > > Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)
        >

        > having to do with breasts (breast cancer? breast exposure?)
        >

        > > > Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
        >

        > steering in flight
        > >

        > > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)

        Arabic = livestock

        > > > Juno
        > > >

        > > > *Mamajek 1 (Chamaeleontis; Eta Chamaeleontis and other
        > > > stars comprising an open cluster)

        in the Chameleon's (prehensile) tail

        (a chameleon holding on to something, or trying to?)

        > > > *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)
        > > >
        > > > *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini)
        > >

        > > an accomplishment made by an unlikely or unassuming person
        > >

        > > > *Turtle Nebula (NGC 6210 Herculis)
        > >

        > > withdrawing into one's shell, overturning, moving at a slow pace
        > >

        > > > *Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)
        >

        > waiting for prey, spinning a web
        >

        > > > *IM Normae (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > "I am normal"
        > >

        > > > *Marfik (Eta Ophiuchi)

        Arabic = elbow

        (elbowed or pushed aside)

        > > > *Jabbah (Nu Scorpii)

        Arabic = forehead

        (branded, stigmatized, advertised as being)

        > > > *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)

        Arabic = forehead of the scorpion

        (branded as dangerous or undesirable?)

        > > > Vesta
        > > >

        > > > *Altair (Alpha Aquilae)
        >
        > From SolarFire 5's Brady file:
        >
        > "The star indicates the strength or courage to go forward in life. To
        > seize the moment, to act quickly. Its more shadowy side can lead to
        > aggressive action, to acting without caring or concern."
        >

        > > > *Tarazed (Gamma Aquilae)
        >

        > Arabic = "plundering falcon"
        >

        > > > *Bezek (Eta Aquilae)
        >

        > Hebrew = lightning
        >

        > > > *Antinous (58 Aquilae; near Bezek; marks the head of
        > > > the obsolete constellation Antinous, the Abducted Boy)

        passion, love and friendship, possibly pedophilia or pederasty

        > > > *AX Capricorni (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > axed? ask?
        >

        > > > *Albireo (Beta Cygni)

        a lovable loser

        > > > *Shay We (Beta Hydri)
        >

        > Chinese = the serpent's tail
        >

        > > > *Aladfar (Eta Lyrae)
        >

        > Arabic = the claws
        >

        > > > *MV Lyrae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > moving, motor vehicles
        >

        > > > *Sham (Alpha Sagittae)

        trying to get something to hit on target

        > > > Chiron
        > > >

        > > > Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
        > > >
        > > > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)

        "the swallower" and "the northern swallower", respectively

        (con schemes? the troubled home-mortgage market here in the US?)

        > > > AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > arts and entertainment?
        >

        > > > Armus (Eta Capricorni)
        >

        > persistent and annoying
        >

        > > > Gliese 777A (Cygni; has extrasolar planet)
        > > >
        > > > Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)

        detachment from outcome

        > > > Lucida Globi (Epsilon Microscopii; the brightest star
        > > > in the obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus [the
        > > > Hot Air Balloon]).

        blowing hot air, a bubble

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Algieba.html

        > > > Leo I Galaxy (UGC 5470 Leonis)
        > > >
        > > > Kappa Pyxidis

        trying to hold on to one's moral "compass"?

        > > > *Ta Tsun (Psi Ursae Majoris)
        >

        > Chinese = meritorious attainment
        >

        > > > 47 Ursae Majoris (has extrasolar planet)

        not far from Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris) in the right hind leg
        of the Great Bear

        > > > NGC 3982 (Ursae Majoris; galaxy with suspected black
        > > > hole)

        in the Great Bear's rump, between Phecda and Megrez

        > > > Mayall's Object (MCG7-23-19 Ursae Majoris)
        > > >
        > > > (MCG = Morphological Catalog of Galaxies)

        in the Great Bear's forelegs

        (dangerous?)