too many denebs!

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      too many denebs!

      Gaby and Mark sent

      1c. Re: Deneb - dogs?
          Posted by: "Mark Andrew Holmes" mahtezcatpoc@... mahtezcatpoc
          Date: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:28 am ((PST))

      --- Gaby Mittleman <gabymitt@...> wrote:

      > Hi Diana,
      >
      > It's Deneb Alpha Cygni .- this is what my software gives ( ZET )
      >
      > Conj.to my client's Chiron and Jupiter,in the second house in Pisces.

      Deneb, Deneb Adige = Alpha Cygni.

      Dheneb (with an "h"), Deneb Okab = Zeta Aquilae.

      Adding the astronomical designations (Bayer, Flamsteed, Argelander, catalog numbers) like I do helps keep them all straight, too.

      Mark A. Holmes

      =============
      Deneb (aka Dheneb) means tail, and there are several: you mentioned Deneb Adige, Alpha Cygni, the Swan's tail,
      and Deneb or Dheneb Okab, Zeta Aquilae, the Eagle's tail, but Epsilon Aquilae is also in the Eagle's tail, and I have it as Al Dhanab al Okab (just to distinguish it from Zeta); then there's Deneb Kaitos, Beta Ceti, the Sea-Monster's tail (and another of his tail stars is Eta, sometimes called Deneb Algenubi; and Deneb Algedi, the Sea-Goat's tail, and of course Denebola, Beta Leonis, the Lion's tail...all very confusing!

      But Gaby - you didn't answer my question - how did you relate the Swan's tail to dog bites? Or did I misunderstand?

      Love, Diana

    • GM
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Diana,

        It was the interpretation of my software, relating Deneb to dog bites,
        I just went along with it, and thought ,what can I loose? I shall ask
        him , humorously if it is true, that he had been bitten by dog or
        dogs in his childhood, and he was !
        The childhood - was important because of the placement of the star,
        his point of age of 6-7 was on Deneb, so if anything happened then it
        happened at this age.
        And he confirmed it , having a trauma until today, not letting his
        kids have a dog,inspite of the thing that he KNOWS that he could be
        healed if he had one.

        Another interesting thing is, that the wife too had a trauma, but not
        because of dogs, but of lamb ! Her father used to bring home small
        ones, bread them, and then eat them... So until today she cannot
        think of eating lamb ! and she too has Deneb conj.her Sun and Chiron
        in the 6th house.

        Any star signifying lambs ??

        Gaby

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

          > Gaby and Mark sent
          >
          > 1c. Re: Deneb - dogs?
          > Posted by: "Mark Andrew Holmes"
          > mahtezcatpoc@... mahtezcatpoc
          > Date: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:28 am ((PST))
          >
          > --- Gaby Mittleman <gabymitt@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Diana,
          > >
          > > It's Deneb Alpha Cygni .- this is what my software
          > gives ( ZET )
          > >
          > > Conj.to my client's Chiron and Jupiter,in the
          > second house in Pisces.
          >

          > Deneb, Deneb Adige = Alpha Cygni.
          >
          > Dheneb (with an "h"), Deneb Okab = Zeta Aquilae.
          >
          > Adding the astronomical designations (Bayer,
          > Flamsteed, Argelander, catalog
          > numbers) like I do helps keep them all straight,
          > too.
          >
          > Mark A. Holmes
          >
          > =============
          > Deneb (aka Dheneb) means tail, and there are
          > several: you mentioned Deneb
          > Adige, Alpha Cygni, the Swan's tail,
          > and Deneb or Dheneb Okab, Zeta Aquilae, the Eagle's
          > tail, but Epsilon
          > Aquilae is also in the Eagle's tail, and I have it
          > as Al Dhanab al Okab
          > (just to distinguish it from Zeta);

          I think I have it that way, too.

          then there's
          > Deneb Kaitos, Beta Ceti,
          > the Sea-Monster's tail (and another of his tail
          > stars is Eta, sometimes
          > called Deneb Algenubi; and Deneb Algedi, the
          > Sea-Goat's tail, and of course
          > Denebola, Beta Leonis, the Lion's tail...

          Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini), the Dolphin's tail...

          all very
          > confusing!

          And maybe there are more Denebs out there.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs