Re: Menkar and animal tips

  • sisterbellabee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
      In a message dated 1/28/2008 8:55:14 PM Pacific Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
      I've always
      been kind of leery of horses, cows, big dogs
      Hi Mark and all,

      Well I had to look up Menkar, its not especially a hot button in my own chart.  Almost two degrees out from opposing my Sun/Moon midpoint, isn't that rather indirect for a star?

      I remember riding a horse around a corral only once and being so nervous about it I never wanted to try again.  And cows... yikes, we drove out into a cow pasture on a friend's farm, I wouldn't get out of the car.  And the bull got real curious about me, sitting there in the car, and began muzzling all over the window and rocking the car... I was scared!  My friends thought it was hilarious, that bull was way too interested in me.

      I was bitten by a dog once as a child, but he knew I was afraid, I think, and gave me a nip.  Now I have dogs, cats, birds of my own... smaller animals, for sure, no cows though.

      Sincerely, Sherri

    • Trishmare7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
        I've a friend who lives way out in the boondocks of New Mexico.  To get to her house (a straw-bale house) you've got to drive down a "road" that is essentially a two-track that crosses a cattle ranch.  The road actually goes right through the pastures (no fence dividing road from pasture, as one always sees here in the Midwest), as cattle guards at the points where the road passes into the pastures keeps the cattle in.

        The very first time I ever went there I became enchanted by the beautiful black cattle  with elegant, curving horns which dotted the ranch.  I just had to get out and pet the "cows."  I never actually pet one of the cattle because as I approached one of them lowered his head and gave a rather thoughtful (I thought) paw or two of the ground.  Decided I'd let myself be satisfied with photos.

        When I reached my friends house I told her about the cattle and my attempt to pet one.  And one of the bull's reactions.  She mentioned, very casually, that the cattle are a breed called Corriete and in Mexico are bred for the bull ring.  Once she mentioned that I realized why the cattle looked so exotic and yet also familiar--I'd seen them in bullfighting pictures!

        Trish (No, I don't have Menkar paran anything in my chart ...)

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
          I think I just mentioned the field behind my house
          that had the horse and the cows in it. Several times
          in the past the cows have escaped and wandered into my
          yard (but they've never bothered me, aside from
          leaving cow patties on the grass). There are also deer
          around where I live; they're properly shy toward human
          beings.

          Any animal weighing several hundred pounds or more or
          with the potential to be vicious is not to be messed
          with.

          Mark A. Holmes

          --- Trishmare7@... wrote:

          > I've a friend who lives way out in the boondocks of
          > New Mexico. To get to
          > her house (a straw-bale house) you've got to drive
          > down a "road" that is
          > essentially a two-track that crosses a cattle ranch.
          > The road actually goes right
          > through the pastures (no fence dividing road from
          > pasture, as one always
          > sees here in the Midwest), as cattle guards at the
          > points where the road passes
          > into the pastures keeps the cattle in.
          >
          > The very first time I ever went there I became
          > enchanted by the beautiful
          > black cattle with elegant, curving horns which
          > dotted the ranch. I just had
          > to get out and pet the "cows." I never actually
          > pet one of the cattle because
          > as I approached one of them lowered his head and
          > gave a rather thoughtful (I
          > thought) paw or two of the ground. Decided I'd let
          > myself be satisfied with
          > photos.
          >
          > When I reached my friends house I told her about the
          > cattle and my attempt
          > to pet one. And one of the bull's reactions. She
          > mentioned, very casually,
          > that the cattle are a breed called Corriete and in
          > Mexico are bred for the
          > bull ring. Once she mentioned that I realized why
          > the cattle looked so exotic
          > and yet also familiar--I'd seen them in bullfighting
          > pictures!
          >
          > Trish (No, I don't have Menkar paran anything in my
          > chart ...)
          >
          > In a message dated 1/30/2008 1:59:03 A.M. Eastern
          > Standard Time,
          > sisterbellabee@... writes:
          >
          > I remember riding a horse around a corral only once
          > and being so nervous
          > about it I never wanted to try again. And cows...
          > yikes, we drove out into a
          > cow pasture on a friend's farm, I wouldn't get out
          > of the car. And the bull
          > got real curious about me, sitting there in the car,
          > and began muzzling all
          > over the window and rocking the car... I was scared!
          > My friends thought it was
          > hilarious, that bull was way too interested in me.
          >

          > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways
          > to stay in shape.

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • Trishmare7@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
            In a message dated 1/30/2008 7:12:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
            I think I just mentioned the field behind my house
            that had the horse and the cows in it. Several times
            in the past the cows have escaped and wandered into my
            yard (but they've never bothered me, aside from
            leaving cow patties on the grass). There are also deer
            around where I live; they're properly shy toward human
            beings.

            Any animal weighing several hundred pounds or more or
            with the potential to be vicious is not to be messed
            with.

            Mark A. Holmes
            Outside of the fact that they contain weed seeds, cow pats should be good for your yard!  Free fertlizer, yay.

            Trish Marie