Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Fixed star alignments (January 6, 2008)

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2008
      --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
      > Holmes
      > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > As of midnight GMT.
      > >
      > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      > > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
      > >

      > > Jupiter
      > >
      > > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Father and son re-union? (father proud of this child
      > I do believe)

      Who?

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 8, 2008
        Zues/Jupiter and Hercules, how it translates to reality I am not
        certain, though a young boy saved the maldivian president from an
        assasination attempt today, so may be representative.

        ARen't Hercules and his brother sons of zuess or am I mixing up me
        mythology?

        _______________
        > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
        http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?
        category=shopping

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 8, 2008

          > Zues/Jupiter and Hercules, how it translates to reality I am not
          > certain, though a young boy saved the maldivian president from an
          > assasination attempt today, so may be representative.

          I was thinking more about the diverse group of presidential candidates
          we've got (like Dairy Queen--DQ--with its wide array of ice-cream
          toppings). On the Democratic side, a white woman, an African-American
          man, a white male former trial lawyer from North Carolina, and a
          Mexican-American man. On the Republican side, all white men, but not
          exactly clones of one another: a Vietnam War hero (as that war goes)
          who's close to 70, a Mormon, a white male Southerner from Arkansas
          who's a Baptist minister, a Hollywood actor who's married to a woman
          half his age, and an Italian-American Catholic who's been married
          three times.

          Maybe the Maldivian Boy Scout who saved his country's president from
          being knifed to death is signified by something else.

          > ARen't Hercules and his brother sons of zuess or am I mixing up me
          > mythology?

          Hercules (Herakles) was; his brother Iphikles wasn't.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 9, 2008
            who's the catholic? not ringing a bell here, aside from McCain the
            whole R side absolutely revolts me... so I will probably not be
            viewing this summers political races as objectively as one should.
            Astrologically speaking. was reading the visual astrology newsletter
            just now and thinking the whole Jupiter and Mercury dance in summer
            may be mroe indicitive of the presidential primaries, than the
            Olympics. just a thought.

            Missb

            -- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 9, 2008

              > who's the catholic?

              Rudolph Giuliani.

              not ringing a bell here, aside from McCain the
              > whole R side absolutely revolts me... so I will probably not be
              > viewing this summers political races as objectively as one should.

              For a while, while Giuliani was riding high in the polls, I was
              thinking maybe the Republicans had finally had enough of the
              Jesus-shouter Brigade calling all the shots for them...but no. Not
              yet, anyway.

              > Astrologically speaking. was reading the visual astrology newsletter
              > just now and thinking the whole Jupiter and Mercury dance in summer
              > may be mroe indicitive of the presidential primaries, than the
              > Olympics. just a thought.
              >
              > Missb

              I skimmed it a while ago, will go over it again.

              Maybe we've got some stellar alignments indicating sudden events or
              (positive?) reversals of fortune this week (I'm talking about Hillary
              Clinton, as you might have guessed).

              Mark A. Holmes

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 11, 2008

                > Maybe we've got some stellar alignments indicating sudden events or
                > (positive?) reversals of fortune this week (I'm talking about Hillary
                > Clinton, as you might have guessed).

                Jupiter and Ira Furoris ("furious anger")? She was told by male
                hecklers in New Hampshire to "iron their shirts," people talk about
                her appearance and tone of voice in a way they never do with the male
                candidates, and found herself getting remarks which seem condescending
                to many (e.g., people seem concerned about whether or not she's
                likable more than they are with the male candidates). And (again in
                New Hampshire) she kind of got misty-eyed at one point, which seemed
                to humanize her to many (personally, I thought she was planning and
                managing things a little too carefully and was maybe starting to come
                across as boring and artificial).

                She's cultivated the ground very well in New Hampshire and had the
                resources to recover from her third-place finish in Iowa, but she may
                have benefited (Jupiter) from anger (Ira Furoris) over all this sexist
                stuff in the New Hampshire primary.

                Mark A. Holmes
              • Page, Janis
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 11, 2008

                  Hmm…  or perhaps we should check to see where Buysballot was for the NH vote and the candidates?

                  http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/010908_widespread_fraud.htm

                  Looks like we are again well on our way for a season of theater, not democratic process.   We know that Hillary is backed by the weapons manufacturers, Rupert Murdoch, and bush.   Then again, Obama chose Lieberman to be his mentor in the Senate.  Ira Furoris indeed!

                  janis

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 14, 2008
                    I beg to differ here, because they dont talk about her tone and
                    demeanor because she is a woman, but because she is often offensive
                    in tone and demeanor. This is an issue because it affects ability to
                    work with others and president is often a substitute for the
                    SEcretary State. mediating and working towards positive outcomes to
                    big issues. I"m a hard core democrat and I dont want to vote for
                    her, becaues I think she is a liability in the mediation arena,
                    because she has an obnoxious demeanor (no better on her, than on W)
                    and because franly, I"m sick of seeing only two families in the
                    White house, smacks of imperialism. I also had an inclination to
                    feel as though that incident was orchestrated. it came accross as
                    very staged.

                    > > Maybe we've got some stellar alignments indicating sudden events
                    or
                    > > (positive?) reversals of fortune this week (I'm talking about
                    Hillary
                    > > Clinton, as you might have guessed).
                    > >

                    > Jupiter and Ira Furoris ("furious anger")? She was told by male
                    > hecklers in New Hampshire to "iron their shirts," people talk about
                    > her appearance and tone of voice in a way they never do with the
                    male
                    > candidates, and found herself getting remarks which seem
                    condescending
                    > to many (e.g., people seem concerned about whether or not she's
                    > likable more than they are with the male candidates). And (again in
                    > New Hampshire) she kind of got misty-eyed at one point, which
                    seemed
                    > to humanize her to many (personally, I thought she was planning and
                    > managing things a little too carefully and was maybe starting to
                    come
                    > across as boring and artificial).
                    >
                    > She's cultivated the ground very well in New Hampshire and had the
                    > resources to recover from her third-place finish in Iowa, but she
                    may
                    > have benefited (Jupiter) from anger (Ira Furoris) over all this
                    sexist
                    > stuff in the New Hampshire primary.
                    >

                    > Mark A. Holmes

                  • Shawhouse
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 14, 2008
                      This is subjective. I don't support her because of her Iraq vote, but
                      she seems beautiful and charming to me. I've never seen her do anything
                      that seemed obnoxious.
                      Diana S.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 14, 2008
                        --- Shawhouse <shawhouse@...> wrote:

                        > This is subjective. I don't support her because of
                        > her Iraq vote,but
                        > she seems beautiful and charming to me. I've never
                        > seen her do anything
                        > that seemed obnoxious.
                        > Diana S.

                        She got fooled along with everyone else, and it's
                        going to be tough for us to extricate ourselves from
                        this mess Bush got us into. Some people can't stand
                        her

                        I'll do her fixed star alignments in a little while.

                        Mark A. Holmes

                        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 14, 2008

                          > I'll do her fixed star alignments in a little while.

                          using noon CST on Hillary's birthdate:

                          Sun

                          Princeps (Delta Bootis)

                          Mars, Pluto

                          Dubhe (Alpha Ursae Majoris)

                          Juno

                          Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

                          Spiculum (M8, 18, 20 & 21 Sagittarii; M-8 being the Lagoon Nebula,
                          M-20 being the Trifid Nebula)

                          Chiron

                          Alphecca (Alpha Coronae Borealis)

                          North Node

                          Zanrak (Gamma Eridani)

                          Capulus (NGC 869 & 884 Persei)

                          South Node

                          Agena (Beta Centauri)

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 15, 2008

                            > > I'll do her fixed star alignments in a little while.

                            I only used the stars mentioned by Bernadette, Vivian Robson, Elspeth
                            Ebertin and Joseph Rigor in this list, but Hillary also has her Eris
                            (at 6 Aries 06) aligned with a star not on their lists: Al Nitham (Phi
                            Ceti), whose name is Arabic for "the necklace" or "the string of pearls."

                            This kind of reminds me of how June Cleaver on "Leave It To Beaver"
                            was supposed to have done housework all dressed up, wearing a pearl
                            necklace. (I understand that in the 1950s people in the US did dress
                            up more than they do now.) A lot of opposition to/dislike of Hillary
                            and the controversy and so forth carried on about her (Eris) does seem
                            to come from people who have a traditional view of women's roles, or
                            fault her for sticking by her husband after his infidelity, which I
                            would think would be more of the Fifties thing to do than throwing him
                            out. Of course, adultery was grounds for divorce before the advent of
                            no-fault divorce, but the divorce rate was lower way back when.

                            Mark A. Holmes

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 15, 2008
                              definitely subjective, but this is what those of us who dont like
                              her see. adn I'm a left wing liberal so that is saying a bit,

                              MissB

                              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@...>
                              wrote:

                              > This is subjective. I don't support her because of her Iraq vote,
                              but
                              > she seems beautiful and charming to me. I've never seen her do
                              anything
                              > that seemed obnoxious.
                              > Diana S.
                              >
                              > msbhavens1 wrote:
                              > >

                              > > I beg to differ here, because they dont talk about her tone and
                              > > demeanor because she is a woman, but because she is often
                              offensive
                              > > in tone and demeanor. This is an issue because it affects
                              ability to
                              > > work with others and president is often a substitute for the
                              > > SEcretary State. mediating and working towards positive outcomes
                              > > big issues. I"m a hard core democrat and I dont want to vote for
                              > > her, becaues I think she is a liability in the mediation arena,
                              > > because she has an obnoxious demeanor (no better on her, than on
                              W)
                              > > and because franly, I"m sick of seeing only two families in the
                              > > White house, smacks of imperialism. I also had an inclination to
                              > > feel as though that incident was orchestrated. it came accross as
                              > > very staged.
                              > >
                              > > MissB
                              > >
                              > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                              > > <mailto:thefixedstars%40yahoogroups.com>, "mahtezcatpoc"
                              > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                              > > <mailto:thefixedstars%40yahoogroups.com>, "mahtezcatpoc"

                              > > or
                              > > Hillary
                              > > > >

                              > > > Jupiter and Ira Furoris ("furious anger")? She was told by male
                              > > > hecklers in New Hampshire to "iron their shirts," people talk
                              about
                              > > > her appearance and tone of voice in a way they never do with
                              the
                              > > male
                              > > > candidates, and found herself getting remarks which seem
                              > > condescending
                              > > > to many (e.g., people seem concerned about whether or not she's
                              > > > likable more than they are with the male candidates). And
                              (again in
                              > > > New Hampshire) she kind of got misty-eyed at one point, which
                              > > seemed
                              > > > to humanize her to many (personally, I thought she was
                              planning and
                              > > > managing things a little too carefully and was maybe starting
                              > > come
                              > > > across as boring and artificial).
                              > > >
                              > > > She's cultivated the ground very well in New Hampshire and had
                              the
                              > > > resources to recover from her third-place finish in Iowa, but
                              she
                              > > may
                              > > > have benefited (Jupiter) from anger (Ira Furoris) over all this
                              > > sexist
                              > > > stuff in the New Hampshire primary.
                              > > >

                              > > > Mark A. Holmes

                            • Shawhouse
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 15, 2008
                                I'm a left wing liberal too. Active in politics, and I come up
                                supporting Kucinich on all those online quizzes, and will vote for
                                Edwards in the California primary unless something happens to change my
                                mind. But, I still think Hillary's got a lovely demeanor. This is
                                likely because of our chemistry. I just checked, and not dealing with
                                her Asc., which is in question, my Pluto conjuncts her Mars, my Jupiter
                                conjunctions her Sun, my Mercury conjuncts her Venus and my Venus
                                conjuncts her Jupiter. With our composite, our Moon conjuncts the NN,
                                Mercury conjuncts Venus and Jupiter and Sun trines Uranus. That list
                                doesn't include the negatives, but there is enough positive there to
                                make her presentation appear quite pleasing to me.
                                Diana S.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008

                                  > As of midnight GMT.
                                  >

                                  > Jupiter
                                  >

                                  > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

                                  coming in many varieties (this year's US presidential candidates?)

                                  > *Pi Mensae (has planets)

                                  a long hard climb up the mountain?

                                  > *Nova Ophiuchi 1919 (V849 Ophiuchi; cataclysmic
                                  > variable)
                                  >
                                  > *Emerald Nebula (aka The Turquoise Orb; NGC 6572
                                  > Ophiuchi)

                                  environmentalism

                                  > *Kaus Medius (Delta Sagittarii)
                                  >
                                  > *Ira Furoris (Eta Sagittarii)

                                  outrage over something (a religious or financial matter)

                                  > Polis (Mu Sagittarii)

                                  emphasis on being in command

                                  > *Omega Nebula (M-17 Sagittarii)

                                  the end of something, the ultimate in something (illusions about all this)

                                  > *Little Star Cloud (M-24 Sagittarii)
                                  >
                                  > *Eagle Nebula (M-16 Serpens; in Serpens Cauda)

                                  illusions/myopia about patriotism and national security?

                                  > Saturn
                                  >

                                  > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
                                  >
                                  > M-105 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
                                  >
                                  > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
                                  >
                                  > Alioth (Epsilon Ursae Majoris)
                                  >
                                  > *Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris)
                                  >
                                  > Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris; diffuse
                                  > nebula)
                                  >

                                  > Uranus
                                  >

                                  > *Psi-1 Aquarii (has planets)
                                  >
                                  > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
                                  >
                                  > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
                                  >
                                  > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
                                  > asterism north of Deneb)
                                  >
                                  > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
                                  >
                                  > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
                                  >
                                  > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
                                  >
                                  > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
                                  >
                                  > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
                                  >
                                  > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
                                  >

                                  > Neptune
                                  >

                                  > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
                                  >
                                  > *16 Cygni B (has planets)
                                  >
                                  > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
                                  >
                                  > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
                                  > asterism in Cygnus)
                                  >
                                  > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
                                  >
                                  > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
                                  >
                                  > S Doradus (one of the brightest known stars, in the
                                  > Large Magellanic Cloud)
                                  >
                                  > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
                                  >
                                  > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
                                  > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
                                  >
                                  > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
                                  >

                                  > Pluto
                                  >

                                  > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
                                  >
                                  > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
                                  >
                                  > Baraka (Xi Herculis)

                                  Arabic = blessed

                                  (the slew of candidates from traditionally disadvantaged
                                  groups--female, black, Hispanic, elderly, Catholic, Mormon--I find
                                  personally uplifting despite Bush's calculated efforts to ruin all
                                  that is good and just about this country)

                                  > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
                                  >
                                  > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
                                  >
                                  > *Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
                                  >
                                  > Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi; a nearby star)
                                  >
                                  > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
                                  > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)
                                  >
                                  > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
                                  >

                                  > Eris
                                  >

                                  > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
                                  > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
                                  > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
                                  > marks the crown)
                                  >
                                  > FX Cephei
                                  >
                                  > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
                                  >
                                  > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
                                  >
                                  > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
                                  >
                                  > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
                                  >

                                  > Ceres
                                  >

                                  > Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)
                                  >
                                  > The Fath (NGC 708 Andromedae)
                                  >
                                  > Achird (Eta Cassiopeiae)
                                  >
                                  > Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae)
                                  >
                                  > Kaffaljidhma (Gamma Ceti)
                                  >
                                  > Azha (Eta Eridani)
                                  >
                                  > Liberflux (Tau-4 Eridani
                                  >

                                  > Pallas
                                  >

                                  > *Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
                                  >
                                  > *Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

                                  flooded, overwhelmed

                                  > *Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)
                                  >
                                  > *Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
                                  >
                                  > *WX Hydri

                                  smoothing the way

                                  > *VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

                                  campaigning

                                  > Juno
                                  >

                                  > *Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)

                                  "...trouble and disgrace" (Robson)

                                  > *Rho Ophiuchi

                                  promising to crush something evil?

                                  > *Antares (Alpha Scorpii)

                                  having to do with going to extremes?

                                  > *Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)

                                  any shark attacks during this week? maybe in Australia?

                                  > *Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)

                                  false prophets

                                  > Vesta
                                  >

                                  > *Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

                                  having to do with gay marriage?

                                  > *Pazan (Psi Capricorni)
                                  >
                                  > *Baten Algedi (Omega Capricorni)

                                  "the goat's belly" (someone or something that will eat things most
                                  won't touch?)

                                  > *Youe (17 Capricorni)
                                  >
                                  > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni)

                                  having to do with sexual harassment?

                                  > *Lucida Microscopii (Gamma Microscopii; the brightest
                                  > star, or lucida, in Microscopium the Microscope)

                                  under the microscope, or microbiology?

                                  > *WZ Sagittae (cataclysmic variable)

                                  wizardry, contempt for something?

                                  > *Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)
                                  >

                                  > Chiron
                                  >

                                  > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)
                                  >
                                  > AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
                                  >
                                  > Armus (Eta Capricorni)
                                  >
                                  > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
                                  >
                                  > CH Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
                                  >
                                  > Gliese 777A (Cygni; has extrasolar planet)
                                  >
                                  > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
                                  >
                                  > Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)
                                  >

                                  > North Node
                                  >

                                  > *Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
                                  >
                                  > Network Nebula (NGC 6992 Cygni; diffuse nebula)
                                  >
                                  > M-15 (Pegasi; globular cluster, densest known)
                                  >

                                  > South Node
                                  >

                                  > *Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                                  > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
                                  > forepaw)

                                  playing with somebody, or maybe that tiger attack in San Francisco?