Re: Fixed star alignments (January 6, 2008)

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2008

      > As of midnight GMT.
      >
      > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
      >

      > Jupiter
      >
      > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

      Father and son re-union? (father proud of this child I do believe)
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 7, 2008
        --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
        > Holmes
        > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > As of midnight GMT.
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
        > > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
        > >

        > > Jupiter
        > >
        > > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Father and son re-union? (father proud of this child
        > I do believe)

        Who?

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 8, 2008
          Zues/Jupiter and Hercules, how it translates to reality I am not
          certain, though a young boy saved the maldivian president from an
          assasination attempt today, so may be representative.

          ARen't Hercules and his brother sons of zuess or am I mixing up me
          mythology?

          _______________
          > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
          http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?
          category=shopping

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 8, 2008

            > Zues/Jupiter and Hercules, how it translates to reality I am not
            > certain, though a young boy saved the maldivian president from an
            > assasination attempt today, so may be representative.

            I was thinking more about the diverse group of presidential candidates
            we've got (like Dairy Queen--DQ--with its wide array of ice-cream
            toppings). On the Democratic side, a white woman, an African-American
            man, a white male former trial lawyer from North Carolina, and a
            Mexican-American man. On the Republican side, all white men, but not
            exactly clones of one another: a Vietnam War hero (as that war goes)
            who's close to 70, a Mormon, a white male Southerner from Arkansas
            who's a Baptist minister, a Hollywood actor who's married to a woman
            half his age, and an Italian-American Catholic who's been married
            three times.

            Maybe the Maldivian Boy Scout who saved his country's president from
            being knifed to death is signified by something else.

            > ARen't Hercules and his brother sons of zuess or am I mixing up me
            > mythology?

            Hercules (Herakles) was; his brother Iphikles wasn't.

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 9, 2008
              who's the catholic? not ringing a bell here, aside from McCain the
              whole R side absolutely revolts me... so I will probably not be
              viewing this summers political races as objectively as one should.
              Astrologically speaking. was reading the visual astrology newsletter
              just now and thinking the whole Jupiter and Mercury dance in summer
              may be mroe indicitive of the presidential primaries, than the
              Olympics. just a thought.

              Missb

              -- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 9, 2008

                > who's the catholic?

                Rudolph Giuliani.

                not ringing a bell here, aside from McCain the
                > whole R side absolutely revolts me... so I will probably not be
                > viewing this summers political races as objectively as one should.

                For a while, while Giuliani was riding high in the polls, I was
                thinking maybe the Republicans had finally had enough of the
                Jesus-shouter Brigade calling all the shots for them...but no. Not
                yet, anyway.

                > Astrologically speaking. was reading the visual astrology newsletter
                > just now and thinking the whole Jupiter and Mercury dance in summer
                > may be mroe indicitive of the presidential primaries, than the
                > Olympics. just a thought.
                >
                > Missb

                I skimmed it a while ago, will go over it again.

                Maybe we've got some stellar alignments indicating sudden events or
                (positive?) reversals of fortune this week (I'm talking about Hillary
                Clinton, as you might have guessed).

                Mark A. Holmes

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 11, 2008

                  > Maybe we've got some stellar alignments indicating sudden events or
                  > (positive?) reversals of fortune this week (I'm talking about Hillary
                  > Clinton, as you might have guessed).

                  Jupiter and Ira Furoris ("furious anger")? She was told by male
                  hecklers in New Hampshire to "iron their shirts," people talk about
                  her appearance and tone of voice in a way they never do with the male
                  candidates, and found herself getting remarks which seem condescending
                  to many (e.g., people seem concerned about whether or not she's
                  likable more than they are with the male candidates). And (again in
                  New Hampshire) she kind of got misty-eyed at one point, which seemed
                  to humanize her to many (personally, I thought she was planning and
                  managing things a little too carefully and was maybe starting to come
                  across as boring and artificial).

                  She's cultivated the ground very well in New Hampshire and had the
                  resources to recover from her third-place finish in Iowa, but she may
                  have benefited (Jupiter) from anger (Ira Furoris) over all this sexist
                  stuff in the New Hampshire primary.

                  Mark A. Holmes
                • Page, Janis
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 11, 2008

                    Hmm…  or perhaps we should check to see where Buysballot was for the NH vote and the candidates?

                    http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/010908_widespread_fraud.htm

                    Looks like we are again well on our way for a season of theater, not democratic process.   We know that Hillary is backed by the weapons manufacturers, Rupert Murdoch, and bush.   Then again, Obama chose Lieberman to be his mentor in the Senate.  Ira Furoris indeed!

                    janis

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 14, 2008
                      I beg to differ here, because they dont talk about her tone and
                      demeanor because she is a woman, but because she is often offensive
                      in tone and demeanor. This is an issue because it affects ability to
                      work with others and president is often a substitute for the
                      SEcretary State. mediating and working towards positive outcomes to
                      big issues. I"m a hard core democrat and I dont want to vote for
                      her, becaues I think she is a liability in the mediation arena,
                      because she has an obnoxious demeanor (no better on her, than on W)
                      and because franly, I"m sick of seeing only two families in the
                      White house, smacks of imperialism. I also had an inclination to
                      feel as though that incident was orchestrated. it came accross as
                      very staged.

                      > > Maybe we've got some stellar alignments indicating sudden events
                      or
                      > > (positive?) reversals of fortune this week (I'm talking about
                      Hillary
                      > > Clinton, as you might have guessed).
                      > >

                      > Jupiter and Ira Furoris ("furious anger")? She was told by male
                      > hecklers in New Hampshire to "iron their shirts," people talk about
                      > her appearance and tone of voice in a way they never do with the
                      male
                      > candidates, and found herself getting remarks which seem
                      condescending
                      > to many (e.g., people seem concerned about whether or not she's
                      > likable more than they are with the male candidates). And (again in
                      > New Hampshire) she kind of got misty-eyed at one point, which
                      seemed
                      > to humanize her to many (personally, I thought she was planning and
                      > managing things a little too carefully and was maybe starting to
                      come
                      > across as boring and artificial).
                      >
                      > She's cultivated the ground very well in New Hampshire and had the
                      > resources to recover from her third-place finish in Iowa, but she
                      may
                      > have benefited (Jupiter) from anger (Ira Furoris) over all this
                      sexist
                      > stuff in the New Hampshire primary.
                      >

                      > Mark A. Holmes

                    • Shawhouse
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 14, 2008
                        This is subjective. I don't support her because of her Iraq vote, but
                        she seems beautiful and charming to me. I've never seen her do anything
                        that seemed obnoxious.
                        Diana S.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 14, 2008
                          --- Shawhouse <shawhouse@...> wrote:

                          > This is subjective. I don't support her because of
                          > her Iraq vote,but
                          > she seems beautiful and charming to me. I've never
                          > seen her do anything
                          > that seemed obnoxious.
                          > Diana S.

                          She got fooled along with everyone else, and it's
                          going to be tough for us to extricate ourselves from
                          this mess Bush got us into. Some people can't stand
                          her

                          I'll do her fixed star alignments in a little while.

                          Mark A. Holmes

                          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 14, 2008

                            > I'll do her fixed star alignments in a little while.

                            using noon CST on Hillary's birthdate:

                            Sun

                            Princeps (Delta Bootis)

                            Mars, Pluto

                            Dubhe (Alpha Ursae Majoris)

                            Juno

                            Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

                            Spiculum (M8, 18, 20 & 21 Sagittarii; M-8 being the Lagoon Nebula,
                            M-20 being the Trifid Nebula)

                            Chiron

                            Alphecca (Alpha Coronae Borealis)

                            North Node

                            Zanrak (Gamma Eridani)

                            Capulus (NGC 869 & 884 Persei)

                            South Node

                            Agena (Beta Centauri)

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 15, 2008

                              > > I'll do her fixed star alignments in a little while.

                              I only used the stars mentioned by Bernadette, Vivian Robson, Elspeth
                              Ebertin and Joseph Rigor in this list, but Hillary also has her Eris
                              (at 6 Aries 06) aligned with a star not on their lists: Al Nitham (Phi
                              Ceti), whose name is Arabic for "the necklace" or "the string of pearls."

                              This kind of reminds me of how June Cleaver on "Leave It To Beaver"
                              was supposed to have done housework all dressed up, wearing a pearl
                              necklace. (I understand that in the 1950s people in the US did dress
                              up more than they do now.) A lot of opposition to/dislike of Hillary
                              and the controversy and so forth carried on about her (Eris) does seem
                              to come from people who have a traditional view of women's roles, or
                              fault her for sticking by her husband after his infidelity, which I
                              would think would be more of the Fifties thing to do than throwing him
                              out. Of course, adultery was grounds for divorce before the advent of
                              no-fault divorce, but the divorce rate was lower way back when.

                              Mark A. Holmes

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 15, 2008
                                definitely subjective, but this is what those of us who dont like
                                her see. adn I'm a left wing liberal so that is saying a bit,

                                MissB

                                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@...>
                                wrote:

                                > This is subjective. I don't support her because of her Iraq vote,
                                but
                                > she seems beautiful and charming to me. I've never seen her do
                                anything
                                > that seemed obnoxious.
                                > Diana S.
                                >
                                > msbhavens1 wrote:
                                > >

                                > > I beg to differ here, because they dont talk about her tone and
                                > > demeanor because she is a woman, but because she is often
                                offensive
                                > > in tone and demeanor. This is an issue because it affects
                                ability to
                                > > work with others and president is often a substitute for the
                                > > SEcretary State. mediating and working towards positive outcomes
                                > > big issues. I"m a hard core democrat and I dont want to vote for
                                > > her, becaues I think she is a liability in the mediation arena,
                                > > because she has an obnoxious demeanor (no better on her, than on
                                W)
                                > > and because franly, I"m sick of seeing only two families in the
                                > > White house, smacks of imperialism. I also had an inclination to
                                > > feel as though that incident was orchestrated. it came accross as
                                > > very staged.
                                > >
                                > > MissB
                                > >
                                > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                                > > <mailto:thefixedstars%40yahoogroups.com>, "mahtezcatpoc"
                                > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                                > > <mailto:thefixedstars%40yahoogroups.com>, "mahtezcatpoc"

                                > > or
                                > > Hillary
                                > > > >

                                > > > Jupiter and Ira Furoris ("furious anger")? She was told by male
                                > > > hecklers in New Hampshire to "iron their shirts," people talk
                                about
                                > > > her appearance and tone of voice in a way they never do with
                                the
                                > > male
                                > > > candidates, and found herself getting remarks which seem
                                > > condescending
                                > > > to many (e.g., people seem concerned about whether or not she's
                                > > > likable more than they are with the male candidates). And
                                (again in
                                > > > New Hampshire) she kind of got misty-eyed at one point, which
                                > > seemed
                                > > > to humanize her to many (personally, I thought she was
                                planning and
                                > > > managing things a little too carefully and was maybe starting
                                > > come
                                > > > across as boring and artificial).
                                > > >
                                > > > She's cultivated the ground very well in New Hampshire and had
                                the
                                > > > resources to recover from her third-place finish in Iowa, but
                                she
                                > > may
                                > > > have benefited (Jupiter) from anger (Ira Furoris) over all this
                                > > sexist
                                > > > stuff in the New Hampshire primary.
                                > > >

                                > > > Mark A. Holmes

                              • Shawhouse
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 15, 2008
                                  I'm a left wing liberal too. Active in politics, and I come up
                                  supporting Kucinich on all those online quizzes, and will vote for
                                  Edwards in the California primary unless something happens to change my
                                  mind. But, I still think Hillary's got a lovely demeanor. This is
                                  likely because of our chemistry. I just checked, and not dealing with
                                  her Asc., which is in question, my Pluto conjuncts her Mars, my Jupiter
                                  conjunctions her Sun, my Mercury conjuncts her Venus and my Venus
                                  conjuncts her Jupiter. With our composite, our Moon conjuncts the NN,
                                  Mercury conjuncts Venus and Jupiter and Sun trines Uranus. That list
                                  doesn't include the negatives, but there is enough positive there to
                                  make her presentation appear quite pleasing to me.
                                  Diana S.

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 1, 2008

                                    > As of midnight GMT.
                                    >

                                    > Jupiter
                                    >

                                    > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

                                    coming in many varieties (this year's US presidential candidates?)

                                    > *Pi Mensae (has planets)

                                    a long hard climb up the mountain?

                                    > *Nova Ophiuchi 1919 (V849 Ophiuchi; cataclysmic
                                    > variable)
                                    >
                                    > *Emerald Nebula (aka The Turquoise Orb; NGC 6572
                                    > Ophiuchi)

                                    environmentalism

                                    > *Kaus Medius (Delta Sagittarii)
                                    >
                                    > *Ira Furoris (Eta Sagittarii)

                                    outrage over something (a religious or financial matter)

                                    > Polis (Mu Sagittarii)

                                    emphasis on being in command

                                    > *Omega Nebula (M-17 Sagittarii)

                                    the end of something, the ultimate in something (illusions about all this)

                                    > *Little Star Cloud (M-24 Sagittarii)
                                    >
                                    > *Eagle Nebula (M-16 Serpens; in Serpens Cauda)

                                    illusions/myopia about patriotism and national security?

                                    > Saturn
                                    >

                                    > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
                                    >
                                    > M-105 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
                                    >
                                    > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
                                    >
                                    > Alioth (Epsilon Ursae Majoris)
                                    >
                                    > *Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris)
                                    >
                                    > Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris; diffuse
                                    > nebula)
                                    >

                                    > Uranus
                                    >

                                    > *Psi-1 Aquarii (has planets)
                                    >
                                    > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
                                    >
                                    > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
                                    >
                                    > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
                                    > asterism north of Deneb)
                                    >
                                    > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
                                    >
                                    > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
                                    >
                                    > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
                                    >
                                    > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
                                    >
                                    > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
                                    >
                                    > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
                                    >

                                    > Neptune
                                    >

                                    > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
                                    >
                                    > *16 Cygni B (has planets)
                                    >
                                    > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
                                    >
                                    > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
                                    > asterism in Cygnus)
                                    >
                                    > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
                                    >
                                    > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
                                    >
                                    > S Doradus (one of the brightest known stars, in the
                                    > Large Magellanic Cloud)
                                    >
                                    > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
                                    >
                                    > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
                                    > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
                                    >
                                    > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
                                    >

                                    > Pluto
                                    >

                                    > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
                                    >
                                    > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
                                    >
                                    > Baraka (Xi Herculis)

                                    Arabic = blessed

                                    (the slew of candidates from traditionally disadvantaged
                                    groups--female, black, Hispanic, elderly, Catholic, Mormon--I find
                                    personally uplifting despite Bush's calculated efforts to ruin all
                                    that is good and just about this country)

                                    > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
                                    >
                                    > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
                                    >
                                    > *Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
                                    >
                                    > Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi; a nearby star)
                                    >
                                    > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
                                    > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)
                                    >
                                    > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
                                    >

                                    > Eris
                                    >

                                    > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
                                    > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
                                    > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
                                    > marks the crown)
                                    >
                                    > FX Cephei
                                    >
                                    > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
                                    >
                                    > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
                                    >
                                    > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
                                    >
                                    > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
                                    >

                                    > Ceres
                                    >

                                    > Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)
                                    >
                                    > The Fath (NGC 708 Andromedae)
                                    >
                                    > Achird (Eta Cassiopeiae)
                                    >
                                    > Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae)
                                    >
                                    > Kaffaljidhma (Gamma Ceti)
                                    >
                                    > Azha (Eta Eridani)
                                    >
                                    > Liberflux (Tau-4 Eridani
                                    >

                                    > Pallas
                                    >

                                    > *Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
                                    >
                                    > *Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

                                    flooded, overwhelmed

                                    > *Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)
                                    >
                                    > *Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
                                    >
                                    > *WX Hydri

                                    smoothing the way

                                    > *VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

                                    campaigning

                                    > Juno
                                    >

                                    > *Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)

                                    "...trouble and disgrace" (Robson)

                                    > *Rho Ophiuchi

                                    promising to crush something evil?

                                    > *Antares (Alpha Scorpii)

                                    having to do with going to extremes?

                                    > *Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)

                                    any shark attacks during this week? maybe in Australia?

                                    > *Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)

                                    false prophets

                                    > Vesta
                                    >

                                    > *Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

                                    having to do with gay marriage?

                                    > *Pazan (Psi Capricorni)
                                    >
                                    > *Baten Algedi (Omega Capricorni)

                                    "the goat's belly" (someone or something that will eat things most
                                    won't touch?)

                                    > *Youe (17 Capricorni)
                                    >
                                    > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni)

                                    having to do with sexual harassment?

                                    > *Lucida Microscopii (Gamma Microscopii; the brightest
                                    > star, or lucida, in Microscopium the Microscope)

                                    under the microscope, or microbiology?

                                    > *WZ Sagittae (cataclysmic variable)

                                    wizardry, contempt for something?

                                    > *Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)
                                    >

                                    > Chiron
                                    >

                                    > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)
                                    >
                                    > AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
                                    >
                                    > Armus (Eta Capricorni)
                                    >
                                    > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
                                    >
                                    > CH Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
                                    >
                                    > Gliese 777A (Cygni; has extrasolar planet)
                                    >
                                    > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
                                    >
                                    > Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)
                                    >

                                    > North Node
                                    >

                                    > *Gienah (Epsilon Cygni)
                                    >
                                    > Network Nebula (NGC 6992 Cygni; diffuse nebula)
                                    >
                                    > M-15 (Pegasi; globular cluster, densest known)
                                    >

                                    > South Node
                                    >

                                    > *Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                                    > constellation Felis the Cat, lying under the Cat's
                                    > forepaw)

                                    playing with somebody, or maybe that tiger attack in San Francisco?