Re: Res: [thefixedstars] Escaped tiger kills man at S.F. Zoo

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2007
      --- Antonio Harres <kauborealis@...> wrote:

      > Hi Holmes,
      >
      > Here in Brazil a 6 year girl was attacked by ra
      > otweiller dog named "Ninja " and died from
      > the injuries. She opened the dog's jail to play with
      > the dog. The owner of the dog
      > shoot at the animal with a gun but the dog survived.
      > It happened last monday sometime around
      > 10:00 am at the city of Ivoti, Rio Grande do Sul
      > state, Brazil.
      > The Moon was conj to Mars an opp Sun. Sure all the
      > aligments with the stars are also
      > important.
      >
      > Antonio

      Sure they are. <g>

      Did I mention Ursa Minor? Mars (dangerous animals) is
      aligned with Polarissima Borealis (NGC 3172 Ursae
      Minoris), a galaxy which gets its name from the fact
      that it's even closer to the north celestial pole than
      Polaris, and with Yildun (Delta Ursae Minoris), the
      second star from the end of the Little Dipper's
      handle, which might have gotten its name (Turkish for
      "star") from its proximity to the north celestial
      pole.

      http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~kaler/sow/yildun.html

      So maybe Yildun has to do with being at the right
      (wrong) place at the right (wrong) time. I've linked
      Polarissima Borealis to either lack of a moral
      compass, trouble maintaining it, or situations where
      the facts offer little clarity for one to base moral
      decisions on.

      We get stories all the time here in the US about
      children and other people being mauled, sometimes
      fatally, by Rottweilers, pit bulls, Presa Canarios and
      other breeds of dog labeled "dangerous." Some places
      have banned these breeds, which some people insist are
      not inherently dangerous.

      Mark A. Holmes

      Be a better friend, newshound, and