Port Arthur massacre stellar alignments

    Message 1 of 13 , May 12, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Heather" <HeatherCam@s...> wrote:
      > Hi Mark,

      > Also there is a conspiracy story going around that the massacre by
      > Martin Bryant was a set up to create a shocking situation so then the
      > conservatives would have the perfect excuse to swoop in and change the
      > gun laws. Apparently the authorities had even ordered a 12+ person
      > ambulance in the 15 months prior to this tragedy. So after all this
      > happens and they have put all the guns back into the hands of the
      > police and the military (err! and the crims), according to this gov.,
      > we are forever going to war. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
      Might be good to look back over the fixed stars for the
      > massacre!

      http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/

      April 28, 1996
      1:30 p.m. AEST
      Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia

      Alignments:

      Sun: Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae); also Alpha
      Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which some people see as a goldfish])

      Venus: Bellatrix (Gamma Orionis); also, Beta Camelopardalis

      Mars: Alpherg (Eta Piscium); also Messier 32 (M-32), an elliptical
      galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31, the Andromeda
      Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused with *the* Vertex,
      which is an energy point in the chart derived from the prime vertical).

      http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html

      Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes, sickness, violent
      death." (Robson)

      M-32 is very close to Vertex in the sky and might have an influence
      that's similar.

      Uranus: Bos (Rho Capricorni), Dabih (Beta Capricorni), Giedi Prima
      (Alpha Capricorni), Oculus (Pi Capricorni)

      (BTW: nobody has yet answered my question in an earlier post about
      Dabih--does anybody besides Ted George and Barbara Parker see it as
      similar in influence to Giedi Prima? Personally, I suspect it isn't.)

      Pluto: Acrab (Beta Scorpii), Isidis (Delta Scorpii), Yed Prior (Delta
      Ophiuchi); also Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

      Ceres: Alpha Apodis (in Apus the Bird of Paradise); also, the Great
      Attractor

      Juno: Achernar (Alpha Eridani); also Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

      Vesta: Unukalhai (Alpha Serpentis); also T Coronae Borealis, a
      nova-type variable.

      http://freespace.virgin.net/m.poxon/tcrb.htm

      "This is the famous "blaze star", a recurrent Nova. It could erupt at
      any time..."

      Chiron: Porrima (Gamma Virginis, aka Caphir), Vindemiatrix (Epsilon
      Virginis), Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

      North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

      South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

      I'll do more interpretations later. It's getting late here.

      Message 2 of 13 , May 14, 2005
        --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Heather"
        > <HeatherCam@s...> wrote:
        > > Hi Mark,

        > http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/
        >
        > April 28, 1996
        > 1:30 p.m. AEST
        > Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
        >
        > Alignments:
        >
        > Sun: Hamal (Alpha Arietis),

        "It causes violence, brutishness, cruelty and
        premeditated crime." (Robson)

        Schedir (Alpha
        > Cassiopeiae);

        "This fixed star incorporates serious demeanor with
        joi e de vivre." (Ebertin/Hoffman)

        > Venus: Bellatrix (Gamma Orionis);

        "It gives great civil or military honour but danger of
        sudden dishonor, renown, wealth, eminent friends and
        liability to accidents causing blindness and
        ruin...*With Venus.* Much suffering through love
        affairs owing to unrestrained feelings." (Robson)

        also, Beta
        > Camelopardalis

        Camelopardalis: "It is said to confer patience,
        endurance and great wisdom..." (Robson)

        Beta Camelopardalis apparently lies underneath the
        Giraffe's belly and in front of its hind legs.

        http://www.astrosurf.com/jwisn/camelopardalis.htm

        > Mars: Alpherg (Eta Piscium); also Messier 32 (M-32),
        > an elliptical
        > galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31,
        > the Andromeda
        > Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused
        > with *the* Vertex,
        > which is an energy point in the chart derived from
        > the prime vertical).
        >
        > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html
        >
        > Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes,
        > sickness, violent
        > death." (Robson)
        >
        > M-32

        an elliptical galaxy and an X-ray source

        is very close to Vertex in the sky and might
        > have an influence
        > that's similar.

        Given that M-32 appears superimposed on Vertex.

        >Pluto: Acrab (Beta Scorpii),

        "It is said to cause extreme malevolence,
        mercilessness, fiendishness, repulsiveness, malice,
        theft, crime, pestilence, and contagious disease."
        (Robson)

        >Isidis (Delta Scorpii),

        "It is said to cause sudden assaults, malevolence,
        immorality and shamelessness." (Robson)

        >Yed Prior (Delta
        Ophiuchi);

        "It is said to cause immorality, shamelessness, and
        revolution." (Robson)

        >also Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

        "[Circinus] is said to give a revengeful, violent,
        grasping and tenacious nature." (Robson)

        Alpha Circini looks like it may mark either the inside
        of the circle that the Drafting Compass is meant to
        draw or the point of the arm of the Drafting Compass
        that holds the pencil (not the point that you stick
        into the paper).

        http://www.astrofilitrentini.it/mat/costell/cir_e.html

        A circle drawn around somebody?

        >Ceres: Alpha Apodis (in Apus the Bird of Paradise);

        "[Apus] is said to confer a kind, benevolent,
        sympathetic and ambitious nature." (Robson)

        I was thinking, Apus means "no feet." Europe was first
        introduced to the bird of paradise through stuffed
        specimens whose feet had been left off, resulting in a
        myth that birds of paradise didn't have any feet and
        that they only stopped flying when they died and fell
        to the ground. Apus = not grounded, out of touch with
        reality?

        I believe Alpha Apodis marks one of the Bird of
        Paradise's wings.

        >also, the Great
        Attractor

        Sucked in, no longer in control.

        http://www.ericfrancis.com/sagittarius/sagittarius10.html

        "'The perception is that people on the Great Attractor
        have unusual appeal or potency. They find themselves
        in vast circles, accidentally. Or they have impacted
        masses of people and think they have created no
        influence in their lives whatsoever,' [Phil Sedgwick]
        said.

        "He [also said] that it's often prominent in the
        charts of people who feel as if they are in some way
        alien from the rest of the human race, even literally.

        ..."'these are people who feel alienated and yet they
        bring in different levels of consciousness'...

        >Juno:

        ...Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

        "[Phoenix] is said to give a pioneering disposition,
        ambition and power, together with a long life and
        lasting fame." (Robson)

        Ankaa marks the Phoenix's head.

        In *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix*,
        Fawkes, Albus Dumbledore's pet phoenix swallowed a
        bolt of magickal energy Lord Voldemort fired at
        Dumbledore during the battle inside the Ministry of
        Magic, and fell to the ground as a baby. Just a
        thought.

        >Vesta: Unukalhai (Alpha Serpentis);

        "It gives immorality, accidents, violence, and danger
        of poison." (Robson)

        >also T Coronae Borealis, a
        nova-type variable.

        http://freespace.virgin.net/m.poxon/tcrb.htm

        >"This is the famous "blaze star", a recurrent Nova.
        It could erupt at
        any time..."

        >Chiron: Porrima (Gamma Virginis, aka Caphir),

        "Called An Atonement Offering..." (Robson)

        >Vindemiatrix (Epsilon
        Virginis),

        "It gives falsity, stealing, wanton folly and often
        causes its natives to become widows." (Robson)

        To lose what or who one loves?

        >Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

        Bernadette seems to link this one with self-sacrifice
        (you could say that this is something police officers
        do).

        >North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

        "It gives a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss
        through friends and companies." (Robson)

        >South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

        a burning inside?

        Message 3 of 13 , May 14, 2005
          --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
          (I wrote earlier)

          Dabih (Beta Capricorni), Giedi Prima
          (Alpha Capricorni), (Uranus):

          >(BTW: nobody has yet answered my question in an
          earlier post about
          >Dabih--does anybody besides Ted George and Barbara
          Parker see it as
          >similar in influence to Giedi Prima?

          (Diana wrote)

          Dabih and Giedi Prima are only 17
          minutes apart in longitude, 2 24 in latitude and 2 15
          in
          declination; it would be next to impossible to
          separate
          their effects, IMO;

          (me)

          You would need very, very tight orbs to look, but the
          interpretations I've seen for Dabih aspects vary a bit
          from aspects for Giedi Prima (e.g., Robson,
          pp.157-158, 167-169).

          Mark A. Holmes

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
          http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
          Message 4 of 13 , May 14, 2005
            --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

            > http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/
            >
            > April 28, 1996
            > 1:30 p.m. AEST
            > Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
            >
            > Alignments:
            >

            >>Sun:

            >>Schedir (Alpha
            > Cassiopeiae);

            >"This fixed star incorporates serious demeanor with
            joi e de vivre." (Ebertin/Hoffman)

            Something very serious happening (in the present or in
            the distant past) at a place where people go to have
            fun.

            > Mars:

            firearms, aggression, violence

            >Alpherg (Eta Piscium);

            "preparedness, steadiness, determination, final
            success." (Robson)

            also Messier 32 (M-32),
            > an elliptical
            > galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31,
            > the Andromeda
            > Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused
            > with *the* Vertex,
            > which is an energy point in the chart derived from
            > the prime vertical).
            >
            > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html
            >
            > Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes,
            > sickness, violent
            > death." (Robson)

            A homicidal maniac.

            >> M-32

            >an elliptical galaxy and an X-ray source

            >>is very close to Vertex in the sky and might
            >>have an influence
            >> that's similar.

            >Given that M-32 appears superimposed on Vertex.

            Still, M-32, being a "positive jeboric" (that radiates
            on wavelengths shorter than the visible-light band),
            may have some spiritual lesson to offer, possibly
            something related to Vertex's influence.

            Robson says that Mercury with Oculus or Bos gives "a
            clever and piercing intellect." Maybe other planets
            can have a similar effect? Uranus aligned with Oculus
            and Bos = trying to get to the bottom of this sudden,
            bizarre event, to try to understand what happened and
            why?

            >>Ceres:
            >>the Great
            Attractor

            >Sucked in, no longer in control.

            In a situation where you're totally at the mercy of a
            homicidal maniac and have to watch people die (Ceres).

            http://www.ericfrancis.com/sagittarius/sagittarius10.html

            >"'The perception is that people on the Great
            Attractor
            have unusual appeal or potency. They find themselves
            in vast circles, accidentally. Or they have impacted
            masses of people and think they have created no
            influence in their lives whatsoever,' [Phil Sedgwick]
            said.

            >"He [also said] that it's often prominent in the
            charts of people who feel as if they are in some way
            alien from the rest of the human race, even literally.

            >..."'these are people who feel alienated and yet they
            bring in different levels of consciousness'...

            Martin Bryant achieved international notoriety with
            what he did.

            >>Juno:

            >>...Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

            >>"[Phoenix] is said to give a pioneering disposition,
            ambition and power, together with a long life and
            lasting fame." (Robson)

            >>Ankaa marks the Phoenix's head.

            >>In *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix*,
            Fawkes, Albus Dumbledore's pet phoenix swallowed a
            bolt of magickal energy Lord Voldemort fired at
            Dumbledore during the battle inside the Ministry of
            Magic, and fell to the ground as a baby.

            >>Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

            >Bernadette seems to link this one with self-sacrifice
            (you could say that this is something police officers
            do).

            Go into harm's way, even take bullets, for other
            people (as Fawkes the phoenix did for Dumbledore).

            >>North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

            >"It gives a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss
            through friends and companies." (Robson)

            Bryant lost through the murders he committed at these
            businesses, which were "shameless"; "subtle mind" may
            refer to his lawyer.

            >>South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

            >a burning inside?

            Or maybe "burn in hell".

            I think I've elaborated completely now.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 14, 2005
              wrote:
              > Hi Mark,

              > Now we have our PM Howard trotting down to Tasmania and declaring
              > that he is going to save the forests just like Opposition leader
              > Latham said he was prior to election and who lost lots of votes
              that
              > way. There was a big swing away from Labour down there, and they
              lost
              > quite a few long held seats.
              >
              > So with pizza deliveries being the good story...this latest saving
              of
              > the old growth forest has a more sinister agenda.

              Bush just approved a reversal of Bill Clinton's ban of roads in many
              areas of national forests and oil drilling in Alaska's Arctic
              National Wildlife Refuge. Frankly, I would be looking for the catch
              if he said he wanted to save old-growth forests, because with him,
              there almost certainly would be one in such a case. I don't know
              what this has to do with Ceres aligned with Zubenalhakrabi.

              However, a 3-year-old girl dubbed Precious Doe who was beheaded and
              left in a field in Kansas City four years ago now has a name--Erica
              Green--and her stepfather, who killed her while stoned on PCP
              because she resisted bedtime and then used garden shears to cut off
              her head, and her mother who helped cover up the deed, are now
              sitting in jail, charged with Erica's murder. The case was broken
              because of a tip prompted by an ad a local comics artist and anti-
              crime activist put in a local newspaper.

              Also: Connecticut just executed a murderer and rapist who insisted
              on being executed. He may not have gotten it any other way.
              Executions are very rare in New England, from which the anti-death-
              penalty movement in the US originated. Plus, the feds are
              aggressively pushing the death penalty for someone in Vermont, which
              doesn't have a state death penalty, I guess because some people in
              Washington want to stick it to liberals.

              (Not to make this a political forum...)

              Mark A. Holmes

              > In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes
              > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
              > > Originally posted by Heather on the Centaurs list,
              > > reposted here with Heather's approval.
              > >
              > > Hope you people don't mind all the angle brackets; I
              > > tried to eliminate as much redundant stuff as I could
              > > without spending a big chunk of my day editing.
              > >
              > > Mark A. Holmes

              > > 2000:
              > > +01.11'.
              > > Nu

              > > Mercury;

            • Heather
              Message 6 of 13 , May 15, 2005
                Mark,

                Yes I dont see how this has much to do with Ceres aligned with
                Zubenalhakrabi. But it did come up for me.

                Our PM saving the old growth forests in Tasmania was a political coup
                against his opponent prior to last election here. Greens Senator Bob
                Brown likened his methods to 3 champaigne glasses, on filled with
                bubbly, the other two with blue/green poison.

                It seems that the PM is using Tassie as some sort of pivotal point in
                his political machinations. Like resolving the massacre was his first
                grand entrance as a PM. And it was notable that bashings and aggro in
                the streets rose drastically in the few months after the Liberals came
                to power.

                Zubenalhakrabi
                Declination: -15 degrees

                in star in the claw of Scorpio; one the gets the idea of feeding the
                scorpion here. In that context it is perhaps similar to the nature of
                Ceres.

                In declination Ceres is a few degrees off parallel to Zubenalhakrabi
                however it looks to be contraparallel Sun and parallel Astrea; Astrea
                conj. Ceres. Astrea in Sagitarius means "inability to let go of
                personal belief system to make way for more inclusive and bigger
                picture" (Solar Fire interpretion)

                Also apart from fixed star info. I looked to see what the Sabian
                Symbol says about its position at the moment...

                "A spaniard serenading his senorita"

                Lynda Hill in her book "The Sabian Symbols as an Oracle" says

                "...looking through the pretence.... The Caution: A ruse performed to
                achieve a goal by deception. Lies deceit and propaganda. Not believing
                messages being given by loved ones. Feeling like something is missing
                from the relationship. Superficial judgements about love - how it
                should look or be."

                Thus one could perhaps see where the conspiracy theories have arisen
                from this event.

                Heather

                Message 7 of 13 , May 15, 2005
                  --- Heather <HeatherCam@...> wrote:

                  > Mark,
                  >

                  > Our PM saving the old growth forests in Tasmania was
                  > a political coup
                  > against his opponent prior to last election here.
                  > Greens Senator Bob
                  > Brown likened his methods to 3 champaigne glasses,
                  > on filled with
                  > bubbly, the other two with blue/green poison.
                  >
                  > It seems that the PM is using Tassie as some sort of
                  > pivotal point in
                  > his political machinations. Like resolving the
                  > massacre was his first
                  > grand entrance as a PM. And it was notable that
                  > bashings and aggro in
                  > the streets rose drastically in the few months after
                  > the Liberals came
                  > to power.
                  >
                  > Zubenalhakrabi
                  > Declination: -15 degrees
                  >
                  > in star in the claw of Scorpio; one the gets the
                  > idea of feeding the
                  > scorpion here. In that context it is perhaps similar
                  > to the nature of
                  > Ceres.

                  Yeah, okay, I see what you're getting at.

                  Zubenalhakrabi is also just below the southern pan of
                  the Scales; that end of the Scales' balance-beam is
                  marked by Zubenalgenubi ("insufficient price"). The
                  other end is marked by Zubenalgemali ("the full
                  price"). So Zubenalhakrabi is in the southern pan of
                  the Scales when they don't balance?

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  Yahoo! Mail