Re: Fixed star alignments (December 16, 2007)

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 17, 2007
      now, can you trace that stuff in your chart! =)

      =) Beth

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 17, 2007

        > now, can you trace that stuff in your chart! =)
        >
        > =) Beth

        Trace what?

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 18, 2007
          I was kinda teasing,

          the being too busy to get to the fun stuff, finals, your internal
          life stuff, on chart. I think you must be awefully tired. Beth

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 18, 2007
            --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

            > I was kinda teasing,

            Ha-ha.

            > the being too busy to get to the fun stuff, finals,
            > your internal
            > life stuff, on chart. I think you must be awefully
            > tired. Beth

            Not really.

            I have Jupiter in Aries (ruler of my 8th and co-ruler
            of my 11th) sextile Saturn in Aquarius (ruler of my
            9th and 10th houses) natally, and secondary progressed
            Saturn has been separating from sextile to my natal
            Jupiter for quite some time (using an orb of 1 00' for
            progressed aspect).

            I have Sualocin (Alpha Delphini) aligned with Saturn
            natally and the alignment is still in effect by
            secondary progression, though I don't know what that
            has to do with this situation. Hopefully nothing
            negative.

            Mark A. Holmes

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
              Does Jupiter in Aries bring out a bit of despot in you? being an
              aries myself I understand that feeling, but having the judge there,
              I"m thinking that could be a damper on the jupiterian jovial type
              response to your nature, And probably makes you very irritated by
              any restrictive influences? can you tell I like peeking at charts,.
              =) Beth

              _______________
              > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

            • Outi
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007
                One fellow born on 16th of December:

                Sir Arthur Charles Clarke, CBE (born 16 December 1917)just turned 90 the 16th of December. He is a British science-fiction author, inventor, and futurist, most famous for his novel 2001: A Space Odyssey, and for collaborating with director Stanley Kubrick on the film of the same name. Clarke is the last surviving member of what was sometimes known as the "Big Three" of science fiction, which included Robert A. Heinlein and Isaac Asimov.

                This news from space.com:
                http://www.space.com/entertainment/ap-071217-clarke-birthday.html

                btw. my Jupiter is also in Aries, I think that it could mean in my case (with the Moon) a want or need to explore unknown new realms..

                Greets Outi

                -- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                > As of midnight GMT.
                >
                > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
                > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
                >

                > Jupiter
                >

                > *Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
                >
                > *Baraka (Xi Herculis)
                >
                > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
                >
                > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
                >
                > *Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)
                >
                > *Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi)
                >
                > *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)

                etc
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007
                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Outi" <scoppias@...> wrote:

                  > One fellow born on 16th of December:
                  >
                  > Sir Arthur Charles Clarke, CBE (born 16 December 1917)

                  in Minehead, Somerset, England, UK

                  just turned 90 the
                  > 16th of December. He is a British science-fiction author, inventor, and
                  > futurist, most famous for his novel 2001: A Space Odyssey, and for
                  > collaborating with director Stanley Kubrick on the film of the same
                  > name. Clarke is the last surviving member of what was sometimes known as
                  > the "Big Three" of science fiction, which included Robert A. Heinlein
                  > and Isaac Asimov.
                  >
                  > This news from space.com:
                  > http://www.space.com/entertainment/ap-071217-clarke-birthday.html

                  He's got Mars aligned with Denebola (Beta Leonis) (science-fiction is
                  sort of an outsiders' genre still), Saturn aligned with Dubhe (Alpha
                  Ursae Majoris), and possibly Mercury aligned with Vega (Alpha Lyrae),
                  which might give him an entertaining way of writing.

                  Mark A. Holmes
                • Outi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007

                    > He's (Clarke) got Mars aligned with Denebola (Beta Leonis)
                    (science-fiction is
                    > sort of an outsiders' genre still), Saturn aligned with Dubhe (Alpha
                    > Ursae Majoris), and possibly Mercury aligned with Vega (Alpha Lyrae),
                    > which might give him an entertaining way of writing.
                    >

                    > Mark A. Holmes

                    From FS / SF-file aspects: His Sun with Aculeus, Cebalrai (Beta
                    Ophiuchi),Shaula, Grumium, Sargas.

                    Outi
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007
                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Outi" <scoppias@...> wrote:

                      > > He's (Clarke) got Mars aligned with Denebola (Beta Leonis)
                      > (science-fiction is
                      > > sort of an outsiders' genre still), Saturn aligned with Dubhe (Alpha
                      > > Ursae Majoris), and possibly Mercury aligned with Vega (Alpha Lyrae),
                      > > which might give him an entertaining way of writing.
                      > >

                      > > Mark A. Holmes
                      > >

                      > From FS / SF-file aspects: His Sun with Aculeus, Cebalrai (Beta
                      > Ophiuchi),Shaula, Grumium, Sargas.
                      >
                      > Outi

                      Cutting through to the truth? He foresaw the use of satellites long
                      before Sputnik 1, for example.

                      Saturn aligned with Dubhe: He lives in the middle of that long-running
                      civil war in Sri Lanka (so freaking stupid). Maybe that's it.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007

                        > Does Jupiter in Aries bring out a bit of despot in you? being an
                        > aries myself I understand that feeling, but having the judge there,
                        > I"m thinking that could be a damper on the jupiterian jovial type
                        > response to your nature, And probably makes you very irritated by
                        > any restrictive influences?

                        I don't know.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 6 12:49 AM

                          > As of midnight GMT.
                          >
                          > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
                          > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
                          >

                          > Jupiter
                          >

                          > *Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
                          >
                          > *Baraka (Xi Herculis)
                          >
                          > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
                          >
                          > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
                          >
                          > *Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

                          Arabic = peasant

                          > *Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi)
                          >
                          > *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
                          >

                          > Saturn
                          >

                          > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
                          >
                          > M-105 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
                          >
                          > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
                          >
                          > Alioth (Epsilon Ursae Majoris)
                          >
                          > Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris; diffuse
                          > nebula)
                          >

                          > Uranus
                          >

                          > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
                          >
                          > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
                          >
                          > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
                          >
                          > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
                          > asterism north of Deneb)
                          >
                          > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
                          >
                          > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
                          >
                          > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
                          >
                          > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
                          >

                          > Neptune
                          >

                          > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
                          >
                          > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
                          >
                          > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
                          > asterism in Cygnus)
                          >
                          > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
                          >
                          > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
                          >
                          > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
                          >
                          > Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)
                          >
                          > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
                          >

                          > Pluto
                          >

                          > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
                          >
                          > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
                          >
                          > *Baraka (Xi Herculis)
                          >
                          > AH Mensae
                          >
                          > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)
                          >
                          > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
                          > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)
                          >
                          > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
                          >
                          > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
                          >
                          > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
                          >
                          > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
                          >
                          > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
                          >

                          > Eris
                          >

                          > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
                          > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
                          > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
                          > marks the crown)
                          >
                          > FX Cephei
                          >
                          > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
                          >
                          > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
                          >
                          > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
                          >
                          > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
                          >

                          > Ceres
                          >

                          > Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)
                          >
                          > *The Fath (NGC 708 Andromedae)
                          >
                          > *Achird (Eta Cassiopeiae)
                          >
                          > *Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae)

                          relentlessly gobbling up something, relentlessly hungry or predatory

                          > *Kaffaljidhma (Gamma Ceti)
                          >
                          > Liberflux (Tau-4 Eridani)
                          >

                          > Pallas
                          >

                          > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

                          refugee problems (in Kenya and Iraq as well as on the Gulf Coast?)

                          > Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)
                          >
                          > *Deneb Adige (aka Deneb; Alpha Cygni)
                          >
                          > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

                          having to do with breasts (like breast cancer?)

                          > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
                          >
                          > *Biham (Theta Pegasi)
                          >

                          > Juno
                          >

                          > *Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini)

                          to draw a circle around somebody, mark them

                          > *Rutilicus (Zeta Herculis)
                          >
                          > *Kajam (Omega Herculis)
                          >
                          > *Thusia (Gamma Lupi)

                          Greek = sacrifice

                          > *Keyhole Planetary (MRSL 252 Normae)
                          >
                          > (MRSL = Marsalkova; the MRSL Comparison Catalog of
                          > H-II Regions, compiled by Czech astronomer Pavla
                          > Marsakova)

                          spying?

                          > *Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

                          "It causes immorality, shamelessness and revolution." (Robson)

                          > *Acrab (Beta-1 Scorpii)

                          aka Graffias; "it causes extreme malevolence, mercilessness,
                          fiendishness, repulsiveness, malice, theft, crime, pestilence and
                          contagious diseases." (Robson)

                          > *Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

                          "It causes sudden assaults, malevolence, immorality, and
                          shamelessness." (Robson)

                          > *Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)

                          Sanskrit = scorpion

                          > *Fang (Rho Scorpii)

                          Chinese = a room

                          the nasty political situations in Kenya and Zimbabwe?

                          > Vesta
                          >

                          > *Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)

                          people being targeted? hitting the nail right on the head?

                          > *NQ Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

                          "ink?" (the Hollywood writers' strike?)

                          > *The Coathanger Cluster (Collinder 399 Vulpeculae)
                          >
                          > *Seahorse Nebula (Kohoutek 3-35 Vulpeculae)

                          the abortion issue?

                          > Chiron
                          >

                          > Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
                          >
                          > *Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)

                          Arabic/Latin = the northern swallower

                          > AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

                          arts and entertainment

                          > *Armus (Eta Capricorni)

                          being a pain in the butt

                          ?

                          > *Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)

                          encouraging detachment

                          > Lucida Globi (Epsilon Microscopii; the brightest star
                          > in the obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus [the
                          > Hot Air Balloon]).
                          >
                          > 47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae, a bright highly resolved
                          > globular cluster mistaken for a star and given a
                          > Flamsteed number; it even has a Bayer designation--Xi
                          > Tucanae)
                          >

                          > North Node
                          >

                          > *Network Nebula (NGC 6992 Cygni; diffuse nebula)
                          >
                          > *M-15 (Pegasi; globular cluster, densest known)
                          >

                          > South Node
                          >

                          > Drys (Chi Carinae)
                          >
                          > Regulus (Alpha Leonis)
                          >
                          > *Algeiba (aka Algenubi; Gamma Leonis)

                          "It gives a bold, bombastic, cruel and heartless nature, but artistic
                          appreciation and power of expression." (Robson)

                          (hounding celebrities?)

                          > *Leo I Galaxy (UGC 5470 Leonis)

                          let me look this up

                          > Praecipua (46 Leonis Minoris)
                          >
                          > *Kappa Pyxidis

                          let me find out about this one

                          > Phecda (Gamma Ursae Majoris)

                          "a great blood bath" (Ebertin)

                          > *47 Ursae Majoris (has extrasolar planet)
                          >
                          > Papillon (IC 708 Ursae Majoris)
                          >
                          > *NGC 3982 (Ursae Majoris; galaxy with suspected black
                          > hole)
                          >
                          > *Mayall's Object (MCG7-23-19 Ursae Majoris)
                          >
                          > (MCG = Morphological Catalog of Galaxies)

                          I think I wrote on this earlier.