Fixed star alignments (December 9, 2007)

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      *Mu Arae (has extrasolar planet)

      *Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)

      *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      *AH Mensae

      *RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)

      *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star
      named
      for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)

      *Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      *Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)

      *Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      *Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

      Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)

      *Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)

      *Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
      named for its emissions pattern and its lead
      discoverer, Scott Hyman)

      Saturn

      Thuban (Alpha Draconis)

      M-105 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)

      NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)

      Alioth (Epsilon Ursae Majoris)

      Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris; diffuse
      nebula)

      Uranus

      HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)

      Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)

      The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
      asterism north of Deneb)

      Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

      RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)

      Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

      Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

      Neptune

      Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
      asterism in Cygnus)

      Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)

      HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

      Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)

      Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)

      IL Vulpeculae

      QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)

      Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)

      Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)

      AH Mensae

      RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)

      Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
      for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)

      Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)

      Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)

      Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      fastest known spinning pulsar)

      Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)

      Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
      named for its emissions pattern and its lead
      discoverer, Scott Hyman)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)

      Eris

      Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      marks the crown)

      FX Cephei

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)

      *Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)

      Revati (Zeta Piscium)

      Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)

      Ceres

      *Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)

      *Liberflux (Tau-4 Eridani)

      Pallas

      Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)

      Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)

      Egg Nebula (CRL 2688 Cygni)

      (CRL = Cambridge Research Laboratory Infrared Survey)

      *Seagull Nebula (NGC 2032 Doradus)

      KL Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

      Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)

      Juno

      *Toliman (aka Rigilkent; Alpha Centauri)

      *Lucida Chamaeleontis (Alpha Chamaeleontis; the
      brightest star in Chamaeleon the Chameleon)

      *Biceps (Gamma Herculis)

      *The Wall (aka Great Cluster in Hercules; M-13
      Herculis)

      *Derakrab Australis (Tau Librae)

      *EI Piscium (cataclysmic variable)

      Vesta

      *Deneb Okab (Delta Aquilae)

      *Sung (35 Aquilae)

      *Pereira's Star (V1494 Aquilae; a nova discovered in
      1999 by Portuguese amateur astronomer Alfredo Pereira)

      *Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)

      *Phi-2 Pavonis (has extrasolar planet)

      *Tigris (1 Vulpeculae, marking the obsolete
      constellation Tigris the Tiger)

      Chiron

      Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)

      *Gliese 777A (Cygni; has extrasolar planet)

      Foxhead Cluster (NGC 6819 Cygni)

      Lucida Globi (Epsilon Microscopii; the brightest star
      in the obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus [the
      Hot Air Balloon]).

      47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae, a bright highly resolved
      globular cluster mistaken for a star and given a
      Flamsteed number; it even has a Bayer designation--Xi
      Tucanae)

      North Node

      HD 210277 (Aquarii; has an extrasolar planet; in
      Aquarius' chest)

      Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)

      South Node

      Drys (Chi Carinae)

      *Regulus (Alpha Leonis)

      Praecipua (46 Leonis Minoris)

      T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Phecda (Gamma Ursae Majoris)

      *Megrez (Delta Ursae Majoris)

      *Papillon (IC 708 Ursae Majoris)

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008

        > As of midnight GMT.
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > *Mu Arae (has extrasolar planet)
        >
        > *Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)

        having to do with survival or ambition

        > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

        isolated (King Gyanendra of Nepal?)

        > *AH Mensae

        attainment with effort or bringing surprised reactions from others

        > *RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)

        relating to education (the No Child Left Behind Act may be dead)

        > *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star
        > named
        > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)

        trying to transition

        > *Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

        I think new rodents and other small animals have been discovered in
        the Indonesian rain forest

        > *Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > --->*Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
        >
        > --->*Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
        >
        > --->*Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
        >
        > --->*Basanismus (G Scorpii)

        more about Gyanendra (Apollyon and Basanismus may also refer to the
        congressional Democrats' mixed record of accomplishment in their first
        year)

        don't know about the Galactic Center or the Integral X-Ray Nova

        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
        > named for its emissions pattern and its lead
        > discoverer, Scott Hyman)

        focus on overeating?

        > Saturn
        >

        > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
        >
        > M-105 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
        >
        > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
        >
        > Alioth (Epsilon Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris; diffuse
        > nebula)

        playing with fire (Bush and Iran?)

        > Uranus
        >

        > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
        >
        > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

        unhealthy/forbidden foods

        > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)

        bumbling/sheltered children/teenagers

        > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
        > asterism north of Deneb)

        luck, preparation, taking chances

        > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

        crises

        > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)

        time (some people are counting down the days till the end of the Bush
        regime, and some may be counting down the minutes)

        > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

        taking a heavy blow

        > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

        lots of house and apartment-building fires in the news

        > Neptune
        >

        > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
        >
        > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
        >
        > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
        > asterism in Cygnus)
        >
        > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
        >
        > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
        >
        > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
        >
        > Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)
        >
        > IL Vulpeculae
        >
        > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)
        >
        > Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
        >
        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)

        need for something northern to get on a strong footing (the US?)

        > AH Mensae
        >
        > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
        > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)
        >
        > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)

        focus on gun crimes and gun control

        > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
        > fastest known spinning pulsar)
        >
        > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
        >
        > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
        > named for its emissions pattern and its lead
        > discoverer, Scott Hyman)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
        > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
        > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
        > marks the crown)
        >
        > FX Cephei
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
        >
        > *Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)

        relating to the ocean depths

        (Japan calling off that "research expedition" to hunt humpback whales?)

        > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
        >
        > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Keun Nan Mun Secundus (Chi Andromedae)

        Chinese/Latin = second of the south gate of the camp

        (something taking a back seat with regard to border security at the
        US-Mexican border?--the US Department of Homeland Security is ramming
        that wall at the border down the throats of a bunch of people in south
        Texas, like ranchers whose livestock won't be able to drink from the
        Rio Grande anymore, environmentalists, local politicians concerned
        about the damage, and the University of Texas at Brownsville, which is
        right on the border and may find part of its campus on the wrong side
        of that wall)

        > *Liberflux (Tau-4 Eridani)

        Latin = flowing freely

        (what flows freely around Christmastime?)

        > Pallas
        >

        > Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)

        wiped out all of a sudden

        > Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)
        >
        > Egg Nebula (CRL 2688 Cygni)
        >
        > (CRL = Cambridge Research Laboratory Infrared Survey)
        >
        > *Seagull Nebula (NGC 2032 Doradus)

        scavenging, bottom-feeding, dealing with conformism

        > KL Draconis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)

        ideals that have to be noble in order to succeed?

        > Juno
        >

        > *Toliman (aka Rigilkent; Alpha Centauri)

        learning, education

        (like about teen pregnancy--Jamie Lynn Spears)

        > *Lucida Chamaeleontis (Alpha Chamaeleontis; the
        > brightest star in Chamaeleon the Chameleon)

        wanting to match public opinion

        > *Biceps (Gamma Herculis)

        muscling something through, power, strength

        > *The Wall (aka Great Cluster in Hercules; M-13
        > Herculis)

        walls, barriers

        > *Derakrab Australis (Tau Librae)

        Arabic/Latin = southern one of the scorpion's arm

        (John Howard seems to have disappeared, and in South Africa the
        African National Congress' leader Jacob Zuma is facing trial for
        corruption, which is not the only kind of trouble he has--he's also
        been accused of rape)

        > *EI Piscium (cataclysmic variable)

        having to do with farms or farm country ("Old MacDonald had a farm/E-I--")

        (campaigning in Iowa? issues relating to corn and ethanol production?)

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Deneb Okab (Delta Aquilae)

        focus on ability to take charge in a crisis

        (the US presidential campaign?)

        > *Sung (35 Aquilae)

        focus on (possibly excessive) executive power?

        http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/CHEMPIRE/SUNG.HTM

        e.g., there are some in the US, like The Thing (Dick Cheney) that have
        never accepted that the president has to have oversight from Congress
        and the people

        > *Pereira's Star (V1494 Aquilae; a nova discovered in
        > 1999 by Portuguese amateur astronomer Alfredo Pereira)
        >
        > *Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)

        showing off, vanity, flash, conspicuous consumption

        > *Phi-2 Pavonis (has extrasolar planet)

        in the Peacock's tail

        (on display, seeing and being seen, or being watched)

        > *Tigris (1 Vulpeculae, marking the obsolete
        > constellation Tigris the Tiger)

        having to do with tigers (protecting them in the wild, keeping them
        inside their enclosures at zoos)

        > Chiron
        >

        > Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
        >
        > *Gliese 777A (Cygni; has extrasolar planet)

        west of Albireo, on the left side of the Swan's head, close to the
        border with Vulpecula

        (having to do with unjustifiable suicide or self-destruction?)

        > Foxhead Cluster (NGC 6819 Cygni)
        >
        > Lucida Globi (Epsilon Microscopii; the brightest star
        > in the obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus [the
        > Hot Air Balloon]).
        >
        > 47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae, a bright highly resolved
        > globular cluster mistaken for a star and given a
        > Flamsteed number; it even has a Bayer designation--Xi
        > Tucanae)

        on the branch the Toucan is perching on

        (thinking you have support that you don't have, or not in the degree
        that you thought you did?)

        > North Node
        >

        > HD 210277 (Aquarii; has an extrasolar planet; in
        > Aquarius' chest)
        >
        > Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)
        >

        > South Node
        >

        > Drys (Chi Carinae)
        >
        > *Regulus (Alpha Leonis)

        emphasis on needing to avoid being vengeful

        > Praecipua (46 Leonis Minoris)

        wanting to be first

        (the steroid scandal in baseball, the current US presidential
        campaign, a recent poll indicating that a majority of US teenagers
        think it's okay to cheat to get ahead; also, the elections in Kenya
        and Uzbekistan, which many believe have been rigged, and there's also
        been media attention here in the US on the way Vladimir Putin runs Russia)

        > T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Phecda (Gamma Ursae Majoris)

        a great bloodbath

        > *Megrez (Delta Ursae Majoris)

        giving crap

        > *Papillon (IC 708 Ursae Majoris)

        a nebula; papillon is French for butterfly

        (brutal imprisonment?

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papillon_(autobiography)

        as in the case of David Hicks?)