Re: Fixed star alignments (November 18, 2007)

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007

> [...]
      > >
      > > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
      > >
      > > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
      > > asterism north of Deneb)
      > >
      > > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
      > >
      > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
      > >
      > > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
      > >

      > > Neptune
      > >

      > > *Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >

      > illusions having to do with violence
      >

      > > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >

      > illusions having to do with Islam?
      >

      > > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
      > > asterism in Cygnus)
      > >
      > > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
      >

      > something exquisite or precious
      >

      > > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
      > >
      > > Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)
      > >
      > > IL Vulpeculae
      > >
      > > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >

      > > Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)
      > >
      > > Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
      > >
      > > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
      > >
      > > *AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > something surprising
      >

      > > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
      > > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)
      > >
      > > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      > > fastest known spinning pulsar)
      > >
      > > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
      > > named for its emissions pattern and its lead
      > > discoverer, Scott Hyman)
      > >

      > > Eris
      > >

      > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > > marks the crown)
      > >
      > > FX Cephei
      > >
      > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      > >
      > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      > >
      > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > I'd have to look at this one's location
      >

      > > Ceres
      > >

      > > *Almach (Gamma Andromedae)
      >

      > having to do with the arts
      >

      > > *Koleon (Mu Arietis)
      >

      > Coptic = belly, scabbard
      >
      > (female reproductive issues?)
      >

      > > *Vespa (30 Arietis; marking the obsolete constellation
      > > Vespa, the Wasp)
      >

      > attacks, focus on attacks?
      >

      > > *Teegarden's Star (SO025300.5+165258 Arietis; a nearby
      > > star with unusually high proper motion, named for its
      > > lead discoverer, NASA astrophysicist Bonnard
      > > Teegarden)
      > >
      > > *Cih (Gamma Cassiopeiae)
      >

      > Chinese = whip
      >

      > > ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae; an open cluster

      location may provide a clue as to this star's influence

      > > *Zibal (Zeta Eridani)
      >

      > Arabic = ostriches
      >

      > > *Little Dumbbell Nebula (M-76 Persei)
      >

      > kids being not very bright?
      >

      > > *WY Trianguli (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > having to do with Wyoming (WY)? "why"?
      >

      > > Pallas
      > >

      > > *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)
      >

      > Chinese = the roof
      >

      > > *HD 210277 (Aquarii; has an extrasolar planet; in
      > > Aquarius' chest)

      the heart of someone who carries water for someone else?

      > > Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)
      > >
      > > *Nova Cygni 1920 (V476 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > maybe if I looked up its location
      >

      > > Shay Show (Epsilon Hydri)
      > >
      > > *Enif (Epsilon Pegasi)
      > >
      > > *Tien Kang (Delta Piscis Austrini)
      >

      > Chinese = heavenly rope
      >

      > ("With the shield of your good will you have covered us"--translation
      > of a Latin motto sometimes given as an official motto of Maryland)
      >

      > > *NGC 7052 (Vulpeculae; an edge-on galaxy with a
      > > suspected black hole)
      >

      > maybe if I looked up its location
      > >

      > > Juno
      > >

      > > *Agena (Beta Centauri)

      "gives position, friendship, refinement, morality, health and honor"
      (Robson)

      From SolarFire 5's Brady file:

      "[Agena is] connected to the sacrifices made on the pathway of
      learning and understanding. This star implies that the learning curve
      is steep, the frustration of and at times pain encountering knowledge."

      > > *SX Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

      "sex"?

      > > *23 Librae (has an extrasolar planet)
      >

      > maybe if I looked up its location
      >

      > > *Men (Alpha Lupi)
      >

      > predatory and contemptuous
      >

      > > *Unukalhai (Alpha Serpentis)
      >

      > "immorality, accidents, violence, danger of poison" (Robson)
      >

      > > Vesta
      > >

      > > *Nova Aquilae 1918 (V603 Aquilae; cataclysmic
      > > variable)

      maybe if I looked up its location

      > > *Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)
      > >
      > > *Myrtus (Beta Coronae Australis)
      >

      > Latin = myrtle
      >

      > > *Shrichakra (Gamma Coronae Australis)
      >

      > Sanskrit = wheel of fortune
      >

      > > *Kalachakra (Delta Coronae Australis)
      >

      > Sanskrit = wheel of time
      >

      > > *Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
      >

      > "good fortune and happiness" (Robson)
      >

      > > *Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti)
      >

      > hunting, "wild goose chases" (?)
      >

      > > Chiron
      > >

      > > *Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)

      Arabic = the swallower

      (once again)

      > > Markarian 409 (Aquarii; a variable galaxy)
      > >
      > > Tso Ke (Rho Aquilae)
      > >
      > > Chi Cygni (variable star)
      > >
      > > Foxhead Cluster (NGC 6819 Cygni)
      > >
      > > Struve 2398 (Draconis; nearby star)
      > >
      > > Foo Pih (Gamma Hydri)
      > >
      > > Shay Fuh (Nu Hydri)
      > >
      > > Epsilon Indi (nearby star)
      > >
      > > Lucida Tucanae (Alpha Tucanae, the brightest star, or
      > > lucida, in Tucana the Toucan)
      > >
      > > 47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae, a bright highly resolved
      > > globular cluster mistaken for a star and given a
      > > Flamsteed number; it even has a Bayer designation--Xi
      > > Tucanae)
      > >

      > > North Node
      > >

      > > Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Ancha (Theta Aquarii)
      > >
      > > *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)
      > >
      > > FO Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > *Nova Cygni 1920 (V476 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)

      maybe if I looked up its location

      > > Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)
      > >
      > > *Tien Kang (Delta Piscis Austrini)
      > >
      > > *Lacaille 9352 (Piscis Austrini; a nearby star)

      where is this? I'll find out

      > > *NGC 7052 (Vulpeculae; an edge-on galaxy with a
      > > suspected black hole)

      maybe if I looked up its location

      > > South Node
      > >

      > > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete
      > > constellation Felis the Cat, between Hydra and Antlia)
      > >
      > > *T Pyxidis (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)
      > >
      > > *Lalande 21185 (Ursae Majoris; a nearby star, with
      > > suspected exoplanets)
      > >
      > > BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > *HD 75289 (Velorum; has an extrasolar planet)

      maybe if I looked up its location

      > > Vela Pulsar (PSR B0833-45 Velorum, a supernova
      > > remnant)

      I'll try to pick this up again shortly.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2007

        > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes
        > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > As of midnight GMT.
        > > >
        > > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
        > > > week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).
        > > >

        > > > Jupiter
        > > >

        > > > *Stingray Nebula (Henize 3-1357 Arae)

        concern about the rights of sex offenders?

        > > > Rasalhague (Alpha Ophiuchi)
        > > >
        > > > *Little Ghost Nebula (NGC 6339 Ophiuchi)
        > >

        > > dead children? (the Baby Grace case in Galveston?)
        > >

        > > > *Pismis 24 (Scorpii; an open cluster)
        > > >
        > > > http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap061219.html
        > >

        > > ?
        > >

        > > > Cheerio Nebula (NGC 6337 Scorpii)

        saying goodbye?

> [...]
        > > >
        > > > FX Cephei
        > > >
        > > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
        > > >
        > > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
        > > >
        > > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)
        > >

        > > I'd have to look at this one's location
        > >

        > > > Ceres
        > > >

        > > > *Almach (Gamma Andromedae)
        > >

        > > having to do with the arts
        > >

        > > > *Koleon (Mu Arietis)
        > >

        > > Coptic = belly, scabbard
        > >
        > > (female reproductive issues?)
        > >

        > > > *Vespa (30 Arietis; marking the obsolete constellation
        > > > Vespa, the Wasp)
        > >

        > > attacks, focus on attacks?
        > >

        > > > *Teegarden's Star (SO025300.5+165258 Arietis; a nearby
        > > > star with unusually high proper motion, named for its
        > > > lead discoverer, NASA astrophysicist Bonnard
        > > > Teegarden)
        > > >
        > > > *Cih (Gamma Cassiopeiae)
        > >

        > > Chinese = whip
        > >

        > > > ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae; an open cluster

        acting strange

        > > > *Menkar (Alpha Ceti)
        > >

        > > victimized, ruined
        > >

        > > > *94 Ceti (has an extrasolar planet)
        >

        > location may provide a clue as to this star's influence
        >

        > > > *Zibal (Zeta Eridani)
        > >

        > > Arabic = ostriches
        > >

        > > > *Little Dumbbell Nebula (M-76 Persei)
        > >

        > > kids being not very bright?
        > >

        > > > *WY Trianguli (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > having to do with Wyoming (WY)? "why"?
        > >

        > > > Pallas
        > > >

        > > > *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)
        > >

        > > Chinese = the roof
        > >

        > > > *HD 210277 (Aquarii; has an extrasolar planet; in
        > > > Aquarius' chest)
        >

        > the heart of someone who carries water for someone else?
        >

        > > > Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)
        > > >
        > > > *Nova Cygni 1920 (V476 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > maybe if I looked up its location
        > >

        > > > Shay Show (Epsilon Hydri)
        > > >
        > > > *Enif (Epsilon Pegasi)

        Arabic = nose

> [...]
        > > > globular cluster mistaken for a star and given a
        > > > Flamsteed number; it even has a Bayer designation--Xi
        > > > Tucanae)
        > > >

        > > > North Node
        > > >

        > > > Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)
        > > >
        > > > Ancha (Theta Aquarii)
        > > >
        > > > *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)
        > > >
        > > > FO Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        > > >
        > > > *Nova Cygni 1920 (V476 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > maybe if I looked up its location
        >

        > > > Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)
        > > >
        > > > *Tien Kang (Delta Piscis Austrini)
        > > >
        > > > *Lacaille 9352 (Piscis Austrini; a nearby star)
        >

        > where is this? I'll find out
        >

        > > > *NGC 7052 (Vulpeculae; an edge-on galaxy with a
        > > > suspected black hole)
        >

        > maybe if I looked up its location
        >

        > > > South Node
        > > >

        > > > Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the obsolete
        > > > constellation Felis the Cat, between Hydra and Antlia)

        protection (of official misconduct?)

        ?