Re: [thefixedstars] Japanese are at it again

  • Trishmare7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2007
      In a message dated 11/16/2007 4:36:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
      any stars showing confrontation for this? I"d expect to see somethign
      going on in ARgos and the whale the article says they plan on leaving
      port this weekend,
      The paran stars from Shimonoseki, Japan (where the whale killing fleet departs from) are insightful.  Neptune rises while Alkes sets, which Bernadette Brady's "Starlight" program describs as "something precious gained or lost, a sweet or bitter cup."  For those of us who are against the whale hunt (which, by the way Japan is MOST OF THE WORLD) certainly every whale killed is something precious lost.  In this case it may be literal--whales are at something like 5% of their pre-industrial hunting era levels.

      Mars sets while Al Rescha is on the nadir.  Starlight gives this as "exploiting or using untapped or unpopular natural resources!--whales are both; in the Japanese whale hunter's eyes they are an untapped resource.  The hunt is certainly unpopular. (Indeed, why the Japanese government, which in most matters seems sensitive to popular world opinion, so bull-headedly insists on continuing the whale hunt, I'll never be able to figure out ... they don't need the meat!--they've got surpluses of frozen whale meat they can't get rid of now.  Iceland finally halted their whale hunt for that very reason; no market for the meat.  After last year's hunt, Iceland ended up dumping some of the whale carcasses in landfills.)

      Thuban culminates as Mars sets. Brady's Starlight gives: "The need to defend one's property."  With the Sea Shepherd group set to intervene, the whalers will have to defend their property all right.  As the saying goes in the environmental activist community, "Greenpeace barks but the Sea Shepherd bites."  Paul Watson and his crew rammed one of the whaling vessels last year.  The whalers unfurl taunting banners when Greenpeace shows up.  The whalers flee when the Sea Shepherd group does (and if they are running, they aren't whaling.)

      Paul Watson is founder of the Sea Shepherd and captain of the groups main vessel.  Turbulent personal life and it's rumored he's given to grandstanding as well as making things up, but his dedication to protecting wildlife is unflagging.  His  data is 02 December, 1950, Toronto, Canada.  No time. (Data from a few on-line bios).

      I'm interested in the fixed stars that are active in animal rights/environmental activist as well as vegetarians charts.  Mostly what I've found are strongly placed Neptunes.   Saturn and the  Moon hanging about the same vicinity turns up in quite a few cases too.  As far as fixed stars, Menkar, Alcyone, and a few of the stars of Pegasus appear frequently, but I've not had time to do any statistical kind of work with it all.  Oh--and Zosma! (HOW could I have forgotten Zosma?!).  Lotta Zosma action in many of these animal/nature lovers charts. (Including my own).

      Jupiter's alignment with Pluto in December may speak more to the coming whaling conflict (and danger to the whales) than anything else.  Jupiter rules large animals.  The alignment occurs near Serpens and Ophiochus.  Perhaps Ophiochus (or Jupiter) will knock some wisdom (and compassion) into the whaler's hearts.  One can always hope.

      Trish

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2007
        with jupiter in his own sign and strongly placed, I wonder if the
        whales dont do well? I can hope? MissB

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2007

          > with jupiter in his own sign and strongly placed, I wonder if the
          > whales dont do well? I can hope? MissB

          Jupiter rules whales. (Rex E. Bills, *The Rulership Book*, p.157) Lots
          of support (seems to me to be more, and more widespread, than I've
          ever seen before). But then we have Rasalhague lending a certain
          amount of moral corruption.

          Mark A. Holmes