Re: Fixed star alignments (November 11, 2007)

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 16, 2007

      > well possibly Saturn with Thuben and Eris with Cephei? Adn is
      > Neptune still down with the Dolphins, I think he is isnt' he,

      Yeah, I think starting to move away.

      > possibly a culmination of things,

      South Node is aligned with something in Vela, too (that's part of Argo).

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 17, 2007

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/RasAlhague.html

        >--> *Imad (Theta Ophiuchi)

        Arabic = support, pillar

        > --> Wajrik (Xi Ophiuchi)

        Arabic = magician

        (Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue praying for rain on the steps of the state
        Capitol in Atlanta?

        Or maybe [Wajrik only] David Copperfield's legal [Jupiter] problems?)

        > *Cheerio Nebula (NGC 6337 Scorpii)

        issues about being welcoming

        (the Polish immigrant Tasered to death by Canadian police? the
        immigration issue here in the US)

        > *Cotton Candy Nebula (CRL 6815 Scorpii)

        fluff of some kind?

        > Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australe)

        demonization of a person

        (OJ Simpson? maybe Barry Bonds? They're both in court)

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Achernar.html

        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Etamin.html

        > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
        >
        > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star
        > named for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)

        something that just won't give up and die (the Iraq War?)

        > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
        > fastest known spinning pulsar)
        >
        > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
        >
        > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
        >
        > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
        > named for its emissions pattern and its lead
        > discoverer, Scott Hyman)
        >

        > Eris
        >

        > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
        > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
        > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
        > marks the crown)
        >
        > FX Cephei
        >
        > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables
        >
        > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Apis (33 Arietis; marks the head of the obsolete
        > constellation Apis [the Bee] aka Musca Borealis [the
        > Northern Fly], Vespa [the Wasp], and Lilium [the
        > Lily])

        busy as a bee?

        > *Lilium (35 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
        > Lilium, aka Apis, Musca Borealis and Vespa)

        lily-white? (racial segregation issues?)

        > *ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae; an open cluster
        > around Psi Cassiopeiae)

        aliens? (the kind that come across borders)

        > *Lucida Horologii (Alpha Horologii; the brightest star
        > in Horologium [the Clock])

        having to do with time?

        > Pallas
        >

        > Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)
        >
        > *Shay Show (Epsilon Hydri)

        Chinese = the snake's head

        > Juno
        >

        > *Marfikent (Eta Centauri)

        Arabic = the centaur's elbow

        > *Polyglottis (Iota-1 Librae; marks the head of the
        > obsolete constellation of the Mockingbird, aka
        > Solitarius [the Solitaire], Turdus Solitarius [the
        > Solitary Thrush], and Noctua [the Night-Owl]. The
        > scientific name of the mockingbird is *Mimus
        > polyglottis.*)

        "it's a sin to kill a..." (?)

        > *Brachium (Sigma Librae)

        Latin = arm

        > *Gliese 581 (Librae)
        >
        > *Myia (Alpha Muscae)

        Greek for "fly"

        > *Diptera (Beta Muscae)

        Greek for "two-winged"

        > *Chow (Beta Serpentis; in Serpens Caput)
        >

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)
        >
        > *Nanto (Phi Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Delta Scuti (the prototype of the Delta Scuti class
        > of variable stars)
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Scuti
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Scuti_variable
        >

        > Chiron
        >

        > Markarian 409 (Aquarii; a variable galaxy)
        >
        > Tso Ke (Rho Aquilae)
        >
        > Chi Cygni (variable star)
        >
        > Foxhead Cluster (NGC 6819 Cygni)
        >
        > Struve 2398 (Draconis; nearby star)
        >
        > Foo Pih (Gamma Hydri)
        >
        > Shay Fuh (Nu Hydri)
        >
        > Epsilon Indi (nearby star)
        >
        > Lucida Tucanae (Alpha Tucanae, the brightest star, or
        > lucida, in Tucana the Toucan)
        >
        > 47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae, a bright highly resolved
        > globular cluster mistaken for a star and given a
        > Flamsteed number; it even has a Bayer designation--Xi
        > Tucanae)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)
        >
        > *Ancha (Theta Aquarii)

        Arabic = hipbone

        > Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)
        >
        > *FO Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

        "faux", "faugh" (?)

        > Egg Nebula (CRL 2688 Cygni)
        >
        > Seagull Nebula (NGC 2032 Doradus)
        >
        > KL Draconis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)
        >

        > South Node
        >

        > *Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the
        > obsolete constellation Felis the Cat, between Hydra
        > and Antlia)

        being used by somebody?

        > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

        Arabic = the protected, the covered; or, Hebrew = the redeemed, the
        ransomed

        > BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)

        having to do with fossils, or prehistoric humans (or attitudes?)

        (like in Saudi Arabia, where that gang-rape victim has been sentenced
        to be flogged?)

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 23, 2007

          > As of midnight GMT.

          > Juno
          >

          > *Chow (Beta Serpentis; in Serpens Caput)

          Chinese = refers to the Chow or Zhao dynasty (Zhao can mean "time,"
          "state," "government," "islets in a stream")

          > Vesta
          >

          > *Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)

          Arabic = the talons

          > *Nanto (Phi Sagittarii)