Re: Fixed star alignments (November 11, 2007)

  • Oparhi
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2007
      Thanks Mark for the alignments..really useful.

      Outi

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 2007
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Oparhi" <scoppias@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Mark for the alignments..really useful.
        >
        > Outi

        You're welcome.

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 16, 2007
          well possibly Saturn with Thuben and Eris with Cephei? Adn is
          Neptune still down with the Dolphins, I think he is isnt' he,
          possibly a culmination of things,

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 16, 2007

            > well possibly Saturn with Thuben and Eris with Cephei? Adn is
            > Neptune still down with the Dolphins, I think he is isnt' he,

            Yeah, I think starting to move away.

            > possibly a culmination of things,

            South Node is aligned with something in Vela, too (that's part of Argo).

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 17, 2007

              http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/RasAlhague.html

              >--> *Imad (Theta Ophiuchi)

              Arabic = support, pillar

              > --> Wajrik (Xi Ophiuchi)

              Arabic = magician

              (Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue praying for rain on the steps of the state
              Capitol in Atlanta?

              Or maybe [Wajrik only] David Copperfield's legal [Jupiter] problems?)

              > *Cheerio Nebula (NGC 6337 Scorpii)

              issues about being welcoming

              (the Polish immigrant Tasered to death by Canadian police? the
              immigration issue here in the US)

              > *Cotton Candy Nebula (CRL 6815 Scorpii)

              fluff of some kind?

              > Atria (Alpha Trianguli Australe)

              demonization of a person

              (OJ Simpson? maybe Barry Bonds? They're both in court)

              http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Achernar.html

              http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Etamin.html

              > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
              >
              > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
              >
              > *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star
              > named for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)

              something that just won't give up and die (the Iraq War?)

              > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
              > fastest known spinning pulsar)
              >
              > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
              >
              > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
              >
              > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
              >
              > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
              >
              > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
              > named for its emissions pattern and its lead
              > discoverer, Scott Hyman)
              >

              > Eris
              >

              > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
              > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
              > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
              > marks the crown)
              >
              > FX Cephei
              >
              > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables
              >
              > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
              >

              > Ceres
              >

              > *Apis (33 Arietis; marks the head of the obsolete
              > constellation Apis [the Bee] aka Musca Borealis [the
              > Northern Fly], Vespa [the Wasp], and Lilium [the
              > Lily])

              busy as a bee?

              > *Lilium (35 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
              > Lilium, aka Apis, Musca Borealis and Vespa)

              lily-white? (racial segregation issues?)

              > *ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae; an open cluster
              > around Psi Cassiopeiae)

              aliens? (the kind that come across borders)

              > *Lucida Horologii (Alpha Horologii; the brightest star
              > in Horologium [the Clock])

              having to do with time?

              > Pallas
              >

              > Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)
              >
              > *Shay Show (Epsilon Hydri)

              Chinese = the snake's head

              > Juno
              >

              > *Marfikent (Eta Centauri)

              Arabic = the centaur's elbow

              > *Polyglottis (Iota-1 Librae; marks the head of the
              > obsolete constellation of the Mockingbird, aka
              > Solitarius [the Solitaire], Turdus Solitarius [the
              > Solitary Thrush], and Noctua [the Night-Owl]. The
              > scientific name of the mockingbird is *Mimus
              > polyglottis.*)

              "it's a sin to kill a..." (?)

              > *Brachium (Sigma Librae)

              Latin = arm

              > *Gliese 581 (Librae)
              >
              > *Myia (Alpha Muscae)

              Greek for "fly"

              > *Diptera (Beta Muscae)

              Greek for "two-winged"

              > *Chow (Beta Serpentis; in Serpens Caput)
              >

              > Vesta
              >

              > *Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)
              >
              > *Nanto (Phi Sagittarii)
              >
              > *Delta Scuti (the prototype of the Delta Scuti class
              > of variable stars)
              >
              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Scuti
              >
              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Scuti_variable
              >

              > Chiron
              >

              > Markarian 409 (Aquarii; a variable galaxy)
              >
              > Tso Ke (Rho Aquilae)
              >
              > Chi Cygni (variable star)
              >
              > Foxhead Cluster (NGC 6819 Cygni)
              >
              > Struve 2398 (Draconis; nearby star)
              >
              > Foo Pih (Gamma Hydri)
              >
              > Shay Fuh (Nu Hydri)
              >
              > Epsilon Indi (nearby star)
              >
              > Lucida Tucanae (Alpha Tucanae, the brightest star, or
              > lucida, in Tucana the Toucan)
              >
              > 47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae, a bright highly resolved
              > globular cluster mistaken for a star and given a
              > Flamsteed number; it even has a Bayer designation--Xi
              > Tucanae)
              >

              > North Node
              >

              > Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)
              >
              > *Ancha (Theta Aquarii)

              Arabic = hipbone

              > Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)
              >
              > *FO Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

              "faux", "faugh" (?)

              > Egg Nebula (CRL 2688 Cygni)
              >
              > Seagull Nebula (NGC 2032 Doradus)
              >
              > KL Draconis (cataclysmic variable)
              >
              > Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)
              >

              > South Node
              >

              > *Cat's Paw (G Hydrae; marks the forepaw of the
              > obsolete constellation Felis the Cat, between Hydra
              > and Antlia)

              being used by somebody?

              > *El Kophrah (Chi Ursae Majoris)

              Arabic = the protected, the covered; or, Hebrew = the redeemed, the
              ransomed

              > BC Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)

              having to do with fossils, or prehistoric humans (or attitudes?)

              (like in Saudi Arabia, where that gang-rape victim has been sentenced
              to be flogged?)

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 23, 2007

                > As of midnight GMT.

                > Juno
                >

                > *Chow (Beta Serpentis; in Serpens Caput)

                Chinese = refers to the Chow or Zhao dynasty (Zhao can mean "time,"
                "state," "government," "islets in a stream")

                > Vesta
                >

                > *Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)

                Arabic = the talons

                > *Nanto (Phi Sagittarii)