Secretariat

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      Secretariat

      MissB sent

      1a. Re: Pegasus, the Flying Horse
          Posted by: "msbhavens1" msbhavens1@... msbhavens1
          Date: Fri Nov 2, 2007 9:46 am ((PDT))

      AS a Secratariat fan I think I might not agree with that.  ;-)

      MissB
      ===========
      Oh yes Oh yes Oh yes

      "The Horse of the Century"

      A Secretariat fan in NJ gave me his full data:

      Mar 30, 1970
      0:10 AM  +5
      Doswell, VA
      37N52  77W27

      Sun: Algenib, Gamma Pegasi (withers/wing)
      NNode: 31 Pegasi (neck of Peg)
      Fortuna: Markab, Alpha Peg "saddle" of Pegasus and Lambda Peg in foreleg
      Hercules Rising

      I still gasp whenever they show the tape of him winning the Belmont -
      he truly flew!  He won it by 31 lengths!!

      Good description of the race here:

      http://thoroughbred-racing.suite101.com/article.cfm/secretariats_historic_belmont_run

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2007
        gorgeous animal. MissB