Re: Algol positives

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2005
      Diana,

      Thanks for your long post answering my question.

      <The Algol placement insists upon a
      confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of
      human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry
      or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion,
      war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be
      dealt with under Medusa.>

      I can especially see this happening in my life.
      It makes sense to me and whilst my life is a different
      from a lot of other people I know, NN on Algol is my only earth in the
      basic chart.

      best wishes,
      heather

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"
      <ye-stars@i...> wrote:
> [...]
      >
      > NNode: Field Marshall Irwin Rommel; Ramakrishna,
      > mystic/author; Winslow Homer, artist; Leo Delibes, composer;
      >
      > SNode: Shah Reza Pahlevi of Iran; Manly Palmer Hall,
      > astrologer; Sam Goldwyn, producer; Pierre Trudeau, Canadian
      > PM; Natalie Wood, actress;
      >
      > On the personal charts of ordinary people, Algol can
      > manifest in positive and interesting ways. A young couple
      > who asked for an electional chart for their wedding were not
      > fazed when I told them they had chosen a day with a
      > Sun-Hades conjunction on Algol, and described the star. They
      > told me it fit very well - they were devoting all their
      > spare time to the nuclear freeze movement! Carl Sagan,
      > another nuclear freeze activist, had Algol rising. When I
      > was a child I took piano lessons from the sister of Roszika
      > Schwimmer, who had been the subject of a famous Supreme
      > Court case. Ms. Schwimmer, a militant Hungarian pacifist who
      > had devoted her life to opposing war and bloodshed, had
      > applied for US citizenship, but could not bring herself to
      > swear that she would take up arms in defense of this nation.
      > (It was the principle that mattered - no one was going to
      > ask the dignified gray-haired matron to take to the
      > trenches!) The case received quite a bit of attention, and
      > went all the way to the Supreme Court. In a landmark
      > decision (Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes dissenting), the
      > Justices decided that she could not become a citizen; but in
      > deference to her age, dignity, and the danger she would be
      > in if she was forced to return, she was allowed to remain in
      > the US as a resident alien. The day the decision was handed
      > down, 5/27/29, Jupiter was on Algol.
      >
      > These examples demonstrate that having Algol represented on
      > a chart does not necessarily mean that you will inflict, or
      > be the victim of, horror and mayhem...but that you will be
      > aware of the depths of suffering that can occur, whether
      > through human depravity or "Acts of God"; and you will not
      > be able to ignore suffering and horror, or brush it aside;
      > your life path will require that you come to terms with that
      > level of experience. A journalist might be assigned to cover
      > tragedies, while a clergyman might be called upon to comfort
      > the victims and their families. A black child might hear of
      > the horrors of slavery, and a Jewish child might grow up
      > with the awareness that his grandparents perished in the
      > Holocaust. A police officer might assist victims of a
      > natural disaster, or a medical student be assigned to work
      > in a trauma center. The Algol placement insists upon a
      > confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of
      > human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry
      > or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion,
      > war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be
      > dealt with under Medusa.
      >
      > "As a light shining in the darkness,
      > a star is a symbol of the spirit. It
      > stands for the forces of the spirit
      > struggling against the forces of darkness"
      of Symbols

      > Love, Diana
    • Astro Logos
      Message 2 of 13 , May 4, 2005
        Hi Heather and Diana

        I have been enjoying Diana's words on Algol. So often it is cast as such a
        negative star, but as Diana has been saying it is a polarity. This polarity
        can also be seen when we consider the following people to have Algol in
        paran to their sun:

        Abraham Lincoln (born 1809)
        Adolf Hitler (born 1889)
        Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)

        And in contrast to these figures

        Gregor Mendel (1822- 1884) - the monk who was obsessed with his peas and
        discovered the concept of genes and the feature of dominate and recessive
        genes
        Peter Tchaikovsky - The composer
        Isabel Allende (1942 - ) the wonderful and emotion provoking author

        OR Algol in paran to the Moon

        Mary Wollstonecraft (1759-1797) - One of the founders of the idea of women's
        rights
        Clare Barton (1821 - 1912) - The founder of the American Red Cross
        Annie Oakley (1860 - 1926) - The straight shooting celebrity of the wild
        west (not a normal role for a women at that time)
        Isadora Duncan (1877-1927) - The great dancer who broke the rigid mould of
        ballet and based her dancing on natural rhythms and movements.

        Or Algol with Venus

        Jesse James (1847-1882) the Wild West outlaw
        Mohandas Gandhi (1869 - 1948) - The great Indian statesman.

        Or Algol as the Heliacal Setting Star (indicating the way a person chooses
        to live their life)

        George Armstrong Custer (1839-1876) - The US general who died at the battle
        of Little Big Horn - "Custer's Last Stand"
        Simone de Beaovoir (born 1908) - Known for her treatise 'The Second Sex' in
        which she advocated equality for women and which became a fundamental
        classic of feminist literature.

        All of these figures are intense, strong and powerful people with intense
        strong passions and ideas. By looking at the lives of such people we see the
        polarity of Algol and understand that a star is not good or bad (which is a
        value judgement by us) but rather simply intense and dealing with the
        matters of life itself - through politics, through dance, through genetics
        and so on.

        Bye for now

        Bernadette Brady
        www.AstroLogos.co.uk

> [...]
        >> tragedies, while a clergyman might be called upon to comfort
        >> the victims and their families. A black child might hear of
        >> the horrors of slavery, and a Jewish child might grow up
        >> with the awareness that his grandparents perished in the
        >> Holocaust. A police officer might assist victims of a
        >> natural disaster, or a medical student be assigned to work
        >> in a trauma center. The Algol placement insists upon a
        >> confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of
        >> human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry
        >> or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion,
        >> war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be
        >> dealt with under Medusa.
        >>
        >> "As a light shining in the darkness,
        >> a star is a symbol of the spirit. It
        >> stands for the forces of the spirit
        >> struggling against the forces of darkness"

      • Heather
        Message 3 of 13 , May 4, 2005
          Hello Diana and Bernadette,

          Thanks for your very informative posts
          re Algol positivity.

          I feel a lot better about
          where I am going now....and not being
          so timid about putting my foot out and
          copping the circumstances.

          ((my father's
          Moon was on my NN so there were at lot of
          weird stoppings when I popped my head out,
          once upon a time))

          But somehow I'v endured, and inspired art
          seems to be an outlet...dispositor Venus cj Neptune.

          Heather

          Message 4 of 13 , May 10, 2005
            Originally posted by Heather on the Centaurs list,
            reposted here with Heather's approval.

            Hope you people don't mind all the angle brackets; I
            tried to eliminate as much redundant stuff as I could
            without spending a big chunk of my day editing.

            Mark A. Holmes

            > > Ceres Rx is aligned with
            > > "....
            > > Fixed star: ZUBEN HAKRABI
            > > Longitude 2000: 18SCO46
            > > Declination 1900: -15.52'. Declination
            2000:
            > > -16.14'.
            > > Right ascension: 15h06m. Latitude:
            +01.11'.
            > > Spectral class: K5. Magnitude: 5.3.
            > > Suggested orb: 1 deg. approx Constellation:
            Nu
            > > Libra
            > >

            > > History of the star: A star in the west of the
            > > southern Claw of Libra.
            > >
            > > Close to the helio planetary South Node of
            Mercury;
            > > 17SCO10 in 1900 -
            > > 18SCO20 in 2000, which might give a Mercurial
            > > influence.
            > > Influence of the constellation: The Scales are
            > > associated with the
            > > Hebrew letter Heth and the 8th Tarot Trump
            > > "Justice". (Robson)...."
            > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/new_page_1.htm
            > >
            > > At the notorious prison in Tasmania, justice was
            > > done and the pizza
            > > truck rolled in.

            Pizza delivery ends prison hostage ordeal
            By Andrew Darby and AAP
            May 9, 2005 - 11:05AM

            > > siege in Hobart's
            > > of prisoners and a

            unharmed,
            > > Tasmanian Prisons
            > > conference today.

            > > inmates, which
            > > > included
            > > overcrowded prison.

            > > prisoner pay, he said.

            > > between police and
            > > a group of inmates
            centre.

            > > midnight, 15 pizzas
            > > > were

            > > delivery of 15 pizzas,"

            > > files had been totally

            > > against inmates
            > > would follow against

            > > the prison in
            > > > support

            > > maximum-security
            > > > prison
            > > which called for

            > > Caroline Dean said
            > > > the
            > > nationally.

            sub-standard
            > > prison and there
            > > > are
            > > Dean said.

            > > and said her group
            > > Government to
            > > > implement
            > > stand-off.

            > > thought to deal with
            > > food, employment
            > > > in
            rehabilitation
            > > programs.

            > > paid and no change,"
            > > > Ms

            > > happens."

            > > (AEST) when the last
            > > had been occupied
            > > > since

            > > Tasmania Police as a

            > > under way.

          • Heather
            Message 5 of 13 , May 12, 2005
              Hi Mark,

              What I found remarkable about this prison seige was
              that the prison is due for a major reconstruction overhaul soon.
              As mentioned by the media it is supposed to be the most rundown prison
              in Australia.

              It seems to be the old story before things get better things tend to
              get darker, like pending change carrying a shadow. Happens all the
              time in the building industry.
              I thought it was a neat resolution with the pizzas.

              Now we have our PM Howard trotting down to Tasmania and declaring
              that he is going to save the forests just like Opposition leader
              Latham said he was prior to election and who lost lots of votes that
              way. There was a big swing away from Labour down there, and they lost
              quite a few long held seats.
              A good lot of what would be faithful voters for the Labour Party are
              now getting the bite-back neocon. serve for being nice to the bloke at
              the top. ie. Howard has served out betrayal of trust in great measure.

              So with pizza deliveries being the good story...this latest saving of
              the old growth forest has a more sinister agenda.

              Also there is a conspiracy story going around that the massacre by
              Martin Bryant was a set up to create a shocking situation so then the
              conservatives would have the perfect excuse to swoop in and change the
              gun laws. Apparently the authorities had even ordered a 12+ person
              ambulance in the 15 months prior to this tragedy. So after all this
              happens and they have put all the guns back into the hands of the
              police and the military (err! and the crims), according to this gov.,
              we are forever going to war. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

              ...these neocons make big messes and love doing it, from what I
              perceive. Might be good to look back over the fixed stars for the
              massacre!
              Heather

              Message 6 of 13 , May 12, 2005
                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Heather" <HeatherCam@s...> wrote:
                > Hi Mark,

                > Also there is a conspiracy story going around that the massacre by
                > Martin Bryant was a set up to create a shocking situation so then the
                > conservatives would have the perfect excuse to swoop in and change the
                > gun laws. Apparently the authorities had even ordered a 12+ person
                > ambulance in the 15 months prior to this tragedy. So after all this
                > happens and they have put all the guns back into the hands of the
                > police and the military (err! and the crims), according to this gov.,
                > we are forever going to war. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
                Might be good to look back over the fixed stars for the
                > massacre!

                http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/

                April 28, 1996
                1:30 p.m. AEST
                Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia

                Alignments:

                Sun: Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae); also Alpha
                Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which some people see as a goldfish])

                Venus: Bellatrix (Gamma Orionis); also, Beta Camelopardalis

                Mars: Alpherg (Eta Piscium); also Messier 32 (M-32), an elliptical
                galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31, the Andromeda
                Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused with *the* Vertex,
                which is an energy point in the chart derived from the prime vertical).

                http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html

                Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes, sickness, violent
                death." (Robson)

                M-32 is very close to Vertex in the sky and might have an influence
                that's similar.

                Uranus: Bos (Rho Capricorni), Dabih (Beta Capricorni), Giedi Prima
                (Alpha Capricorni), Oculus (Pi Capricorni)

                (BTW: nobody has yet answered my question in an earlier post about
                Dabih--does anybody besides Ted George and Barbara Parker see it as
                similar in influence to Giedi Prima? Personally, I suspect it isn't.)

                Pluto: Acrab (Beta Scorpii), Isidis (Delta Scorpii), Yed Prior (Delta
                Ophiuchi); also Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

                Ceres: Alpha Apodis (in Apus the Bird of Paradise); also, the Great
                Attractor

                Juno: Achernar (Alpha Eridani); also Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

                Vesta: Unukalhai (Alpha Serpentis); also T Coronae Borealis, a
                nova-type variable.

                http://freespace.virgin.net/m.poxon/tcrb.htm

                "This is the famous "blaze star", a recurrent Nova. It could erupt at
                any time..."

                Chiron: Porrima (Gamma Virginis, aka Caphir), Vindemiatrix (Epsilon
                Virginis), Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

                North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

                South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

                I'll do more interpretations later. It's getting late here.

                Message 7 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                  --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                  > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Heather"
                  > <HeatherCam@s...> wrote:
                  > > Hi Mark,

                  > http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/
                  >
                  > April 28, 1996
                  > 1:30 p.m. AEST
                  > Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
                  >
                  > Alignments:
                  >
                  > Sun: Hamal (Alpha Arietis),

                  "It causes violence, brutishness, cruelty and
                  premeditated crime." (Robson)

                  Schedir (Alpha
                  > Cassiopeiae);

                  "This fixed star incorporates serious demeanor with
                  joi e de vivre." (Ebertin/Hoffman)

                  > Venus: Bellatrix (Gamma Orionis);

                  "It gives great civil or military honour but danger of
                  sudden dishonor, renown, wealth, eminent friends and
                  liability to accidents causing blindness and
                  ruin...*With Venus.* Much suffering through love
                  affairs owing to unrestrained feelings." (Robson)

                  also, Beta
                  > Camelopardalis

                  Camelopardalis: "It is said to confer patience,
                  endurance and great wisdom..." (Robson)

                  Beta Camelopardalis apparently lies underneath the
                  Giraffe's belly and in front of its hind legs.

                  http://www.astrosurf.com/jwisn/camelopardalis.htm

                  > Mars: Alpherg (Eta Piscium); also Messier 32 (M-32),
                  > an elliptical
                  > galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31,
                  > the Andromeda
                  > Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused
                  > with *the* Vertex,
                  > which is an energy point in the chart derived from
                  > the prime vertical).
                  >
                  > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html
                  >
                  > Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes,
                  > sickness, violent
                  > death." (Robson)
                  >
                  > M-32

                  an elliptical galaxy and an X-ray source

                  is very close to Vertex in the sky and might
                  > have an influence
                  > that's similar.

                  Given that M-32 appears superimposed on Vertex.

                  >Pluto: Acrab (Beta Scorpii),

                  "It is said to cause extreme malevolence,
                  mercilessness, fiendishness, repulsiveness, malice,
                  theft, crime, pestilence, and contagious disease."
                  (Robson)

                  >Isidis (Delta Scorpii),

                  "It is said to cause sudden assaults, malevolence,
                  immorality and shamelessness." (Robson)

                  >Yed Prior (Delta
                  Ophiuchi);

                  "It is said to cause immorality, shamelessness, and
                  revolution." (Robson)

                  >also Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

                  "[Circinus] is said to give a revengeful, violent,
                  grasping and tenacious nature." (Robson)

                  Alpha Circini looks like it may mark either the inside
                  of the circle that the Drafting Compass is meant to
                  draw or the point of the arm of the Drafting Compass
                  that holds the pencil (not the point that you stick
                  into the paper).

                  http://www.astrofilitrentini.it/mat/costell/cir_e.html

                  A circle drawn around somebody?

                  >Ceres: Alpha Apodis (in Apus the Bird of Paradise);

                  "[Apus] is said to confer a kind, benevolent,
                  sympathetic and ambitious nature." (Robson)

                  I was thinking, Apus means "no feet." Europe was first
                  introduced to the bird of paradise through stuffed
                  specimens whose feet had been left off, resulting in a
                  myth that birds of paradise didn't have any feet and
                  that they only stopped flying when they died and fell
                  to the ground. Apus = not grounded, out of touch with
                  reality?

                  I believe Alpha Apodis marks one of the Bird of
                  Paradise's wings.

                  >also, the Great
                  Attractor

                  Sucked in, no longer in control.

                  http://www.ericfrancis.com/sagittarius/sagittarius10.html

                  "'The perception is that people on the Great Attractor
                  have unusual appeal or potency. They find themselves
                  in vast circles, accidentally. Or they have impacted
                  masses of people and think they have created no
                  influence in their lives whatsoever,' [Phil Sedgwick]
                  said.

                  "He [also said] that it's often prominent in the
                  charts of people who feel as if they are in some way
                  alien from the rest of the human race, even literally.

                  ..."'these are people who feel alienated and yet they
                  bring in different levels of consciousness'...

                  >Juno:

                  ...Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

                  "[Phoenix] is said to give a pioneering disposition,
                  ambition and power, together with a long life and
                  lasting fame." (Robson)

                  Ankaa marks the Phoenix's head.

                  In *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix*,
                  Fawkes, Albus Dumbledore's pet phoenix swallowed a
                  bolt of magickal energy Lord Voldemort fired at
                  Dumbledore during the battle inside the Ministry of
                  Magic, and fell to the ground as a baby. Just a
                  thought.

                  >Vesta: Unukalhai (Alpha Serpentis);

                  "It gives immorality, accidents, violence, and danger
                  of poison." (Robson)

                  >also T Coronae Borealis, a
                  nova-type variable.

                  http://freespace.virgin.net/m.poxon/tcrb.htm

                  >"This is the famous "blaze star", a recurrent Nova.
                  It could erupt at
                  any time..."

                  >Chiron: Porrima (Gamma Virginis, aka Caphir),

                  "Called An Atonement Offering..." (Robson)

                  >Vindemiatrix (Epsilon
                  Virginis),

                  "It gives falsity, stealing, wanton folly and often
                  causes its natives to become widows." (Robson)

                  To lose what or who one loves?

                  >Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

                  Bernadette seems to link this one with self-sacrifice
                  (you could say that this is something police officers
                  do).

                  >North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

                  "It gives a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss
                  through friends and companies." (Robson)

                  >South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

                  a burning inside?

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                    --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                    (I wrote earlier)

                    Dabih (Beta Capricorni), Giedi Prima
                    (Alpha Capricorni), (Uranus):

                    >(BTW: nobody has yet answered my question in an
                    earlier post about
                    >Dabih--does anybody besides Ted George and Barbara
                    Parker see it as
                    >similar in influence to Giedi Prima?

                    (Diana wrote)

                    Dabih and Giedi Prima are only 17
                    minutes apart in longitude, 2 24 in latitude and 2 15
                    in
                    declination; it would be next to impossible to
                    separate
                    their effects, IMO;

                    (me)

                    You would need very, very tight orbs to look, but the
                    interpretations I've seen for Dabih aspects vary a bit
                    from aspects for Giedi Prima (e.g., Robson,
                    pp.157-158, 167-169).

                    Mark A. Holmes

                    __________________________________
                    Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                    http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                      --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                      > http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/
                      >
                      > April 28, 1996
                      > 1:30 p.m. AEST
                      > Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
                      >
                      > Alignments:
                      >

                      >>Sun:

                      >>Schedir (Alpha
                      > Cassiopeiae);

                      >"This fixed star incorporates serious demeanor with
                      joi e de vivre." (Ebertin/Hoffman)

                      Something very serious happening (in the present or in
                      the distant past) at a place where people go to have
                      fun.

                      > Mars:

                      firearms, aggression, violence

                      >Alpherg (Eta Piscium);

                      "preparedness, steadiness, determination, final
                      success." (Robson)

                      also Messier 32 (M-32),
                      > an elliptical
                      > galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31,
                      > the Andromeda
                      > Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused
                      > with *the* Vertex,
                      > which is an energy point in the chart derived from
                      > the prime vertical).
                      >
                      > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html
                      >
                      > Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes,
                      > sickness, violent
                      > death." (Robson)

                      A homicidal maniac.

                      >> M-32

                      >an elliptical galaxy and an X-ray source

                      >>is very close to Vertex in the sky and might
                      >>have an influence
                      >> that's similar.

                      >Given that M-32 appears superimposed on Vertex.

                      Still, M-32, being a "positive jeboric" (that radiates
                      on wavelengths shorter than the visible-light band),
                      may have some spiritual lesson to offer, possibly
                      something related to Vertex's influence.

                      Robson says that Mercury with Oculus or Bos gives "a
                      clever and piercing intellect." Maybe other planets
                      can have a similar effect? Uranus aligned with Oculus
                      and Bos = trying to get to the bottom of this sudden,
                      bizarre event, to try to understand what happened and
                      why?

                      >>Ceres:
                      >>the Great
                      Attractor

                      >Sucked in, no longer in control.

                      In a situation where you're totally at the mercy of a
                      homicidal maniac and have to watch people die (Ceres).

                      http://www.ericfrancis.com/sagittarius/sagittarius10.html

                      >"'The perception is that people on the Great
                      Attractor
                      have unusual appeal or potency. They find themselves
                      in vast circles, accidentally. Or they have impacted
                      masses of people and think they have created no
                      influence in their lives whatsoever,' [Phil Sedgwick]
                      said.

                      >"He [also said] that it's often prominent in the
                      charts of people who feel as if they are in some way
                      alien from the rest of the human race, even literally.

                      >..."'these are people who feel alienated and yet they
                      bring in different levels of consciousness'...

                      Martin Bryant achieved international notoriety with
                      what he did.

                      >>Juno:

                      >>...Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

                      >>"[Phoenix] is said to give a pioneering disposition,
                      ambition and power, together with a long life and
                      lasting fame." (Robson)

                      >>Ankaa marks the Phoenix's head.

                      >>In *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix*,
                      Fawkes, Albus Dumbledore's pet phoenix swallowed a
                      bolt of magickal energy Lord Voldemort fired at
                      Dumbledore during the battle inside the Ministry of
                      Magic, and fell to the ground as a baby.

                      >>Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

                      >Bernadette seems to link this one with self-sacrifice
                      (you could say that this is something police officers
                      do).

                      Go into harm's way, even take bullets, for other
                      people (as Fawkes the phoenix did for Dumbledore).

                      >>North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

                      >"It gives a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss
                      through friends and companies." (Robson)

                      Bryant lost through the murders he committed at these
                      businesses, which were "shameless"; "subtle mind" may
                      refer to his lawyer.

                      >>South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

                      >a burning inside?

                      Or maybe "burn in hell".

                      I think I've elaborated completely now.

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                        wrote:
                        > Hi Mark,

                        > Now we have our PM Howard trotting down to Tasmania and declaring
                        > that he is going to save the forests just like Opposition leader
                        > Latham said he was prior to election and who lost lots of votes
                        that
                        > way. There was a big swing away from Labour down there, and they
                        lost
                        > quite a few long held seats.
                        >
                        > So with pizza deliveries being the good story...this latest saving
                        of
                        > the old growth forest has a more sinister agenda.

                        Bush just approved a reversal of Bill Clinton's ban of roads in many
                        areas of national forests and oil drilling in Alaska's Arctic
                        National Wildlife Refuge. Frankly, I would be looking for the catch
                        if he said he wanted to save old-growth forests, because with him,
                        there almost certainly would be one in such a case. I don't know
                        what this has to do with Ceres aligned with Zubenalhakrabi.

                        However, a 3-year-old girl dubbed Precious Doe who was beheaded and
                        left in a field in Kansas City four years ago now has a name--Erica
                        Green--and her stepfather, who killed her while stoned on PCP
                        because she resisted bedtime and then used garden shears to cut off
                        her head, and her mother who helped cover up the deed, are now
                        sitting in jail, charged with Erica's murder. The case was broken
                        because of a tip prompted by an ad a local comics artist and anti-
                        crime activist put in a local newspaper.

                        Also: Connecticut just executed a murderer and rapist who insisted
                        on being executed. He may not have gotten it any other way.
                        Executions are very rare in New England, from which the anti-death-
                        penalty movement in the US originated. Plus, the feds are
                        aggressively pushing the death penalty for someone in Vermont, which
                        doesn't have a state death penalty, I guess because some people in
                        Washington want to stick it to liberals.

                        (Not to make this a political forum...)

                        Mark A. Holmes

                        > In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes
                        > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
                        > > Originally posted by Heather on the Centaurs list,
                        > > reposted here with Heather's approval.
                        > >
                        > > Hope you people don't mind all the angle brackets; I
                        > > tried to eliminate as much redundant stuff as I could
                        > > without spending a big chunk of my day editing.
                        > >
                        > > Mark A. Holmes

                        > > 2000:
                        > > +01.11'.
                        > > Nu

                        > > Mercury;

                      • Heather
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 15, 2005
                          Mark,

                          Yes I dont see how this has much to do with Ceres aligned with
                          Zubenalhakrabi. But it did come up for me.

                          Our PM saving the old growth forests in Tasmania was a political coup
                          against his opponent prior to last election here. Greens Senator Bob
                          Brown likened his methods to 3 champaigne glasses, on filled with
                          bubbly, the other two with blue/green poison.

                          It seems that the PM is using Tassie as some sort of pivotal point in
                          his political machinations. Like resolving the massacre was his first
                          grand entrance as a PM. And it was notable that bashings and aggro in
                          the streets rose drastically in the few months after the Liberals came
                          to power.

                          Zubenalhakrabi
                          Declination: -15 degrees

                          in star in the claw of Scorpio; one the gets the idea of feeding the
                          scorpion here. In that context it is perhaps similar to the nature of
                          Ceres.

                          In declination Ceres is a few degrees off parallel to Zubenalhakrabi
                          however it looks to be contraparallel Sun and parallel Astrea; Astrea
                          conj. Ceres. Astrea in Sagitarius means "inability to let go of
                          personal belief system to make way for more inclusive and bigger
                          picture" (Solar Fire interpretion)

                          Also apart from fixed star info. I looked to see what the Sabian
                          Symbol says about its position at the moment...

                          "A spaniard serenading his senorita"

                          Lynda Hill in her book "The Sabian Symbols as an Oracle" says

                          "...looking through the pretence.... The Caution: A ruse performed to
                          achieve a goal by deception. Lies deceit and propaganda. Not believing
                          messages being given by loved ones. Feeling like something is missing
                          from the relationship. Superficial judgements about love - how it
                          should look or be."

                          Thus one could perhaps see where the conspiracy theories have arisen
                          from this event.

                          Heather

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 15, 2005
                            --- Heather <HeatherCam@...> wrote:

                            > Mark,
                            >

                            > Our PM saving the old growth forests in Tasmania was
                            > a political coup
                            > against his opponent prior to last election here.
                            > Greens Senator Bob
                            > Brown likened his methods to 3 champaigne glasses,
                            > on filled with
                            > bubbly, the other two with blue/green poison.
                            >
                            > It seems that the PM is using Tassie as some sort of
                            > pivotal point in
                            > his political machinations. Like resolving the
                            > massacre was his first
                            > grand entrance as a PM. And it was notable that
                            > bashings and aggro in
                            > the streets rose drastically in the few months after
                            > the Liberals came
                            > to power.
                            >
                            > Zubenalhakrabi
                            > Declination: -15 degrees
                            >
                            > in star in the claw of Scorpio; one the gets the
                            > idea of feeding the
                            > scorpion here. In that context it is perhaps similar
                            > to the nature of
                            > Ceres.

                            Yeah, okay, I see what you're getting at.

                            Zubenalhakrabi is also just below the southern pan of
                            the Scales; that end of the Scales' balance-beam is
                            marked by Zubenalgenubi ("insufficient price"). The
                            other end is marked by Zubenalgemali ("the full
                            price"). So Zubenalhakrabi is in the southern pan of
                            the Scales when they don't balance?

                            Mark A. Holmes

                            Yahoo! Mail