Fixed star alignments (October 21, 2007)

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 21, 2007
      As of midnight GMT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      week ago today (with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      *Sabik (Eta Ophiuchi)

      Grafias (Zeta-1 Scorpii)

      *Nova Scorpii 2007 (V1280 Scorpii)

      *X-Ray Nova Scorpii 1994 (GRO J1655-40 Scorpii)

      Northern Jewel Box (NGC 6231 Scorpii; open cluster)

      *Prawn Nebula (IC 4628 Scorpii)

      Saturn

      Chang (Upsilon-1 Hydrae)

      *Shir (Rho Leonis)

      Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marks the obsolete
      constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and Line)

      Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)

      Keenan System (NGC 5216 & 5218 Ursae Majoris; a couple
      of interacting galaxies on the border with Draco)

      Uranus

      Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)

      The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
      asterism north of Deneb)

      Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

      RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)

      Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

      Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

      Neptune

      Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
      asterism in Cygnus)

      Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)

      HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

      Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)

      Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)

      IL Vulpeculae

      QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)

      Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)

      Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)

      Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)

      RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)

      Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi, so nicknamed for its
      extraordinarily high iron content)

      Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii, a unusually hot star
      within the Pistol Nebula)

      Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

      Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

      Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      fastest known spinning pulsar)

      Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)

      Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)

      Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
      named for its emissions pattern and its lead
      discoverer, Scott Hyman)

      Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)

      Ceres

      *Botein (Delta Arietis)

      *Nair al Butein (49 Arietis)

      *Rana (Delta Eridani)

      V Persei (cataclysmic variable)

      Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)

      Ushakaron (Xi Tauri)

      Pallas

      Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)

      Shay Show (Epsilon Hydri)

      Enif (Epsilon Pegasi)

      Juno

      *Kabkent Tertia (Phi Centauri)

      *Jewel Box Cluster (Kappa/NGC 4755 Crucis)

      *GY Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)

      Vesta

      *Tao Shao (Theta Arae)

      *Ramo (95 Herculis; marks the obsolete constellation
      Ramo, the Branch, sometimes shown as held in Hercules'
      left hand)

      *Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
      very near the south celestial pole)

      *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      *Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

      *Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
      constellation Taurus Poniatovii, Poniatowski's Bull,
      with Fellah and 68 Ophiuchi)

      *Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

      *Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; M-8 and M-20
      are diffuse nebulae nicknamed the Lagoon Nebula and
      the Trifid Nebula, respectively; M-8 also has a lot of
      stars associated with it, being a stellar nursery, and
      M-21 is an open cluster)

      *Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

      *DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Chiron

      Markarian 409 (Aquarii; a variable galaxy)

      Tso Ke (Rho Aquilae)

      Chi Cygni (variable star)

      Foxhead Cluster (NGC 6819 Cygni)

      Struve 2398 (Draconis; nearby star)

      Foo Pih (Gamma Hydri)

      Shay Fuh (Nu Hydri)

      Epsilon Indi (nearby star)

      Lucida Tucanae (Alpha Tucanae, the brightest star, or
      lucida, in Tucana the Toucan)

      47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae, a bright highly resolved
      globular cluster mistaken for a star and given a
      Flamsteed number; it even has a Bayer designation--Xi
      Tucanae)

      North Node

      *Luyten 789-6 (Ceti; a nearby star)

      Deneb Adige (aka Deneb; Alpha Cygni)

      South Node

      Chang (Upsilon Hydrae)

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 21, 2007
[...]

        Eris

        Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
        Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
        quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
        marks the crown)

        Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

        FX Cephei

        VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables

        *Revati (Zeta Piscium)

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 21, 2007
          Well something changed between 4pm last night and Midnight as
          Southern CA is now on Fire and it wasn't when I was driving through
          those areas yesterday... sigh (from 20-21st)
          When I was driving through malibu is was gorgeous, warm but not
          windy and just a gorgeous day,. wake up this morning and its on
          Fire, Protrero which is on the Mexican Border is another place I
          frequesnt and its on fire qand one civilian dead, four firfighters
          badly injured, Firetruck was overtaken by fire, luckily they were in
          the Cab which is highly fire resistant, but they were still burned
          and are in hospital. the world went crazy overnight!

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 21, 2007
            I guess I could look at the inner-planet alignments
            later, maybe tomorrow morning if I've got the time.

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 22, 2007
              Mercury aligned with Princeps (Delta Bootis), Venus
              aligned with Zosma (Delta Leonis), Mars aligned with
              Alhena (Gamma Geminorum).

              Mars rules fires and Alhena is in the feet of the
              Twins (Polydeuces' left foot, to be exact). You have a
              lot of people running from these fires.

              Also, Uranus is aligned with Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis),
              which is linked with fires.

              === message truncated ===

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 22, 2007

                > Mercury aligned with Princeps (Delta Bootis), Venus
                > aligned with Zosma (Delta Leonis), Mars aligned with
                > Alhena (Gamma Geminorum).
                >
                > Mars rules fires and Alhena is in the feet of the
                > Twins (Polydeuces' left foot, to be exact). You have a
                > lot of people running from these fires.
                >
                > Also, Uranus is aligned with Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis),
                > which is linked with fires.

                I'll go through Diana R.'s workbook to see if there are any more.

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 22, 2007
                  Well stuck home today because work is in the evacuation zone, sigh

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 22, 2007
                    thanks Mark

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007

                      > As of midnight GMT.
                      >
                      > Jupiter
                      >

                      > *Sabik (Eta Ophiuchi)

                      "wastefulness, lost energy, perverted morals, and success in evil
                      deeds." (Robson)

                      > Grafias (Zeta-1 Scorpii)
                      >
                      > *Nova Scorpii 2007 (V1280 Scorpii)
                      >
                      > *X-Ray Nova Scorpii 1994 (GRO J1655-40 Scorpii)
                      >
                      > Northern Jewel Box (NGC 6231 Scorpii; open cluster)
                      >
                      > *Prawn Nebula (IC 4628 Scorpii)

                      having to do with contraception? (like at that middle school in Maine?)

                      > Saturn
                      >

                      > Chang (Upsilon-1 Hydrae)

                      a threat

                      > *Shir (Rho Leonis)
                      >
                      > Lochium (Lambda Pyxidis; marks the obsolete
                      > constellation Lochium et Funis, the Log and Line)

                      a floating log, that can capsize a small boat, or serve as a life
                      preserver for somebody in the water

                      > Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)
                      >
                      > Keenan System (NGC 5216 & 5218 Ursae Majoris; a couple
                      > of interacting galaxies on the border with Draco)
                      >

                      > Uranus
                      >

                      > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
                      >
                      > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
                      >
                      > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
                      > asterism north of Deneb)
                      >
                      > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
                      >
                      > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
                      >
                      > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
                      >
                      > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
                      >

                      > Neptune
                      >

                      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
                      >
                      > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
                      > asterism in Cygnus)
                      >
                      > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
                      >
                      > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
                      >
                      > Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)
                      >
                      > Ras Alkurki (Lambda Gruis)

                      rubbernecking at an accident? (Princess Diana in the news again)

                      > IL Vulpeculae
                      >
                      > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
                      >

                      > Pluto
                      >

                      > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
                      >
                      > Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)
                      >
                      > Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
                      >
                      > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
                      >
                      > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
                      >
                      > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi, so nicknamed for its
                      > extraordinarily high iron content)
                      >
                      > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii, a unusually hot star
                      > within the Pistol Nebula)
                      >
                      > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
                      >
                      > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
                      >
                      > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
                      >
                      > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
                      >
                      > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
                      > fastest known spinning pulsar)
                      >
                      > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
                      >
                      > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
                      >
                      > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
                      >
                      > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
                      > named for its emissions pattern and its lead
                      > discoverer, Scott Hyman)
                      >
                      > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)
                      >

                      > Eris
                      >

                      > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
                      > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
                      > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
                      > marks the crown)

                      having to do with executive powers?

                      > Saderazra (Delta Andromedae)

                      Arabic = bosom of the maiden

                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Andromedae

                      (Britney Spears?)

                      > FX Cephei
                      >
                      > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables
                      >
                      > *Revati (Zeta Piscium)

                      an abundance of conflict?

                      > Ceres
                      >

                      > *Botein (Delta Arietis)

                      Arabic = belly

                      > *Nair al Butein (49 Arietis)

                      Arabic = the bright one of the belly

                      > *Rana (Delta Eridani)

                      Latin = frog

                      > V Persei (cataclysmic variable)
                      >
                      > Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)
                      >
                      > Ushakaron (Xi Tauri)
                      >

                      > Pallas
                      >

                      > Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)
                      >
                      > Shay Show (Epsilon Hydri)
                      >
                      > Enif (Epsilon Pegasi)
                      >

                      > Juno
                      >

                      > *Kabkent Tertia (Phi Centauri)

                      Arabic/Greek/Latin = the third one of the centaur's heart

                      > *Jewel Box Cluster (Kappa/NGC 4755 Crucis)

                      the treasures of rationality or irreligion?

                      > *GY Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)

                      "gee, why?" (?)

                      > Vesta
                      >

                      > *Tao Shao (Theta Arae)

                      Chinese = the way to long life

                      > *Ramo (95 Herculis; marks the obsolete constellation
                      > Ramo, the Branch, sometimes shown as held in Hercules'
                      > left hand)

                      a passport into danger?

                      > *Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis; a galaxy
                      > very near the south celestial pole)

                      losing one's way

                      > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
                      >
                      > *Fellah (67 Ophiuchi)

                      Arabic = peasant

                      > *Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
                      > constellation Taurus Poniatovii, Poniatowski' s Bull,
                      > with Fellah and 68 Ophiuchi)

                      Taurus Poniatovii: "obstinacy, changeability, emotion, honor and
                      renown" (Robson)

                      > *Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

                      Arabic = the point

                      > *Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; M-8 and M-20
                      > are diffuse nebulae nicknamed the Lagoon Nebula and
                      > the Trifid Nebula, respectively; M-8 also has a lot of
                      > stars associated with it, being a stellar nursery, and
                      > M-21 is an open cluster)

                      blindness (Robson)

                      > *Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

                      spiders

                      > *DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

                      "dizzy" (?)