Algol positives

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2005
      >Heather asked:

      >Is there anything good about Algol, apart from feminine power?

      At the end of my Algol article
      (http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/index.htm)
      I have some positive things:

      "The Grecian astrologers call him
      the Devil's Head; and yet all the
      astrologers hold Jupiter and Venus
      to have a share in his nature..."
      Culpepper; Decumbitures

      Do I have any kind words for Medusa? Indeed I do. Algol is
      much more than a "creature feature" in the sky; there is,
      for instance, an interesting pattern in the arts, where
      ghastliness and beauty can occur at the same time, and in
      politics, where highmindedness mud-wrestles with brutality
      for possession of the field:

      * Pablo Picasso (born with Jupiter on Algol), horrified by
      the fascist atrocities in the Spanish civil war, created
      Guernica, perhaps the most famous anti-war painting in
      history.

      * Just after the fall of France, during the desperate Battle
      of Britain, on the afternoon of September 12, 1940 two
      French schoolboys accidentally discovered the magnificent
      prehistoric cave paintings of Lascaux. Uranus was at Algol,
      forming a trine with a Mercury-Neptune cnj on Zavijava (25
      Virgo) (Venus was conjunct Pluto: Venus, art, conjunct
      Pluto, underground caves, and hidden things brought to
      light).

      * Viciousness, bigotry and beauty combined in the
      tragic life of Ezra Pound, (Neptune at Algol) a brilliant
      poet with an insane hatred of Jews - so extreme that he
      spent time in a mental institution.

      * Poet Maraquita Platov (Mercury at Algol) was so moved
      during her childhood by the horrors of World War I that
      virtually all her work was devoted to anti-war themes.

      * Prima Ballerina Margot Fonteyn, one of this century's two or
      three greatest dancers, had a Sun-Mars conjunction at Algol;
      (her husband was shot in the neck, leaving him paralyzed).

      Some positive Algol effects: the 1989 station brought to the
      public's attention the frightful slaughter of elephants and
      tigers that threatens them with extinction, and the
      pervasive cruelty to animals both inside and outside labs.
      The founding of the London School of Veterinary Science in
      1791, following the 1790 eclipse, supports my suspicion that
      there is an "animal connection" to Algol, and the tragic
      loss of wildlife from the oil spill in Alaska carries this
      point: Algol was setting when the Exxon Valdez ran aground
      on Bligh Reef, Prince William Sound (3/24/89, 0:04 AM
      147W20, 60N46), and stationing asteroid Juno-of-helplessness
      squared it from Leo. This current awareness and concern for
      wildlife after the Jupiter station on Algol is, I think,
      welcome and long overdue.

      Some interesting people with Algol placements:

      Asc: Christa McAuliffe, teacher (died in Challenger
      disaster); Carl Sagan, astronomer (nuclear freeze activist);

      MC: Albrecht Durer, artist; Leonard Bernstein,
      composer/conductor; Jackie Robinson, baseball star;

      Sun: Prince Metternich, Austrian diplomat/statesman; Pierre
      Curie, scientist; Empress Maria Theresa of Austria (mother
      of Marie Antoinette); Paul Zindel, Peter Shaffer, Arthur
      Schnitzler, playwrights; William Lilly, astrologer; L Frank
      Baum (author of Oz books); Ayatollah Khomeini, Iranian
      leader; Jasper Johns, artist; Margot Fonteyn, ballerina (cnj
      Mars); Henry Fonda, actor; Liberace, pianist;

      Moon: Mick Jagger, rock star; John Calvin, religious
      reformer; Werner Von Braun, rocket scientist;

      Mercury: Albrecht Durer, artist; Cole Porter, songwriter;
      John Browning, pianist; Oliver Cromwell,
      statesman/persecutor of Catholics; Byron "Whizzer" White,
      football star/Associate Justice, US Supreme Court; Pancho
      Gonzales, tennis champion; Zubin Mehta, conductor;

      Venus: David Rose, composer/conductor; Prince William of
      England; Yogi Berra, baseball star;

      Mars: General Andrew Jackson, US President; Mario Cuomo,
      Governor of New York; Charles Addams, cartoonist ("The
      Addams Family"); Franz Kafka, author; Salvadore Dali,
      artist; Martin Bormann, Nazi leader; Margot Fonteyn,
      ballerina (cnj Sun);

      Jupiter: N Lenin, communist dictator; Pablo Picasso, artist;
      Jean-Paul Sartre, existentialist philosopher; Samuel Pepys,
      diarist; P T Barnum, showman; Cecil B DeMille, filmmaker;
      Carolus Linnaeus, botanist; (Helio Jupiter: Tamerlane,
      conqueror);

      Saturn: St Joan of Arc, warrior/martyr (Saturn co-ruled her
      8th house; she was burned at the stake); Marcia Mason, Lon
      Chaney, Bela Lugosi, actors; Richard Nixon, US President;
      Richard Speck, murderer;

      Uranus: John Lennon, Bob Dylan, singers/songwriters; Samuel
      T Coleridge, poet; George Bernard Shaw, critic/playwright,
      James S Brady, White House Press Secretary (shot in head,
      severely disabled in Reagan assassination attempt);

      Neptune: C E O Carter, astrologer; Artur Rubenstein,
      pianist; Bela Lugosi, actor; General George Patton; Neils
      Bohr, physicist; Ezra Pound, poet;

      Pluto: Alexander the Great, conqueror; Joseph Stalin,
      communist dictator; General Douglas MacArthur; Moses
      Maimonides, philosopher/physician/linguist/author of Mishneh
      Torah; Mata Hari, exotic dancer/spy; Albert Einstein,
      physicist; Isadora Duncan, dancer; Wanda Landowska,
      harpsichordist;

      NNode: Field Marshall Irwin Rommel; Ramakrishna,
      mystic/author; Winslow Homer, artist; Leo Delibes, composer;

      SNode: Shah Reza Pahlevi of Iran; Manly Palmer Hall,
      astrologer; Sam Goldwyn, producer; Pierre Trudeau, Canadian
      PM; Natalie Wood, actress;

      On the personal charts of ordinary people, Algol can
      manifest in positive and interesting ways. A young couple
      who asked for an electional chart for their wedding were not
      fazed when I told them they had chosen a day with a
      Sun-Hades conjunction on Algol, and described the star. They
      told me it fit very well - they were devoting all their
      spare time to the nuclear freeze movement! Carl Sagan,
      another nuclear freeze activist, had Algol rising. When I
      was a child I took piano lessons from the sister of Roszika
      Schwimmer, who had been the subject of a famous Supreme
      Court case. Ms. Schwimmer, a militant Hungarian pacifist who
      had devoted her life to opposing war and bloodshed, had
      applied for US citizenship, but could not bring herself to
      swear that she would take up arms in defense of this nation.
      (It was the principle that mattered - no one was going to
      ask the dignified gray-haired matron to take to the
      trenches!) The case received quite a bit of attention, and
      went all the way to the Supreme Court. In a landmark
      decision (Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes dissenting), the
      Justices decided that she could not become a citizen; but in
      deference to her age, dignity, and the danger she would be
      in if she was forced to return, she was allowed to remain in
      the US as a resident alien. The day the decision was handed
      down, 5/27/29, Jupiter was on Algol.

      These examples demonstrate that having Algol represented on
      a chart does not necessarily mean that you will inflict, or
      be the victim of, horror and mayhem...but that you will be
      aware of the depths of suffering that can occur, whether
      through human depravity or "Acts of God"; and you will not
      be able to ignore suffering and horror, or brush it aside;
      your life path will require that you come to terms with that
      level of experience. A journalist might be assigned to cover
      tragedies, while a clergyman might be called upon to comfort
      the victims and their families. A black child might hear of
      the horrors of slavery, and a Jewish child might grow up
      with the awareness that his grandparents perished in the
      Holocaust. A police officer might assist victims of a
      natural disaster, or a medical student be assigned to work
      in a trauma center. The Algol placement insists upon a
      confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of
      human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry
      or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion,
      war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be
      dealt with under Medusa.

      "As a light shining in the darkness,
      a star is a symbol of the spirit. It
      stands for the forces of the spirit
      struggling against the forces of darkness"
      Cirlot, Dictionary of Symbols

      Love, Diana
    • Heather
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2005
        Diana,

        Thanks for your long post answering my question.

        <The Algol placement insists upon a
        confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of
        human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry
        or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion,
        war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be
        dealt with under Medusa.>

        I can especially see this happening in my life.
        It makes sense to me and whilst my life is a different
        from a lot of other people I know, NN on Algol is my only earth in the
        basic chart.

        best wishes,
        heather

        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"
        <ye-stars@i...> wrote:
> [...]
        > tragedies, while a clergyman might be called upon to comfort
        > the victims and their families. A black child might hear of
        > the horrors of slavery, and a Jewish child might grow up
        > with the awareness that his grandparents perished in the
        > Holocaust. A police officer might assist victims of a
        > natural disaster, or a medical student be assigned to work
        > in a trauma center. The Algol placement insists upon a
        > confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of
        > human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry
        > or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion,
        > war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be
        > dealt with under Medusa.
        >
        > "As a light shining in the darkness,
        > a star is a symbol of the spirit. It
        > stands for the forces of the spirit
        > struggling against the forces of darkness"
        of Symbols

        > Love, Diana
      • Astro Logos
        Message 3 of 13 , May 4, 2005
          Hi Heather and Diana

          I have been enjoying Diana's words on Algol. So often it is cast as such a
          negative star, but as Diana has been saying it is a polarity. This polarity
          can also be seen when we consider the following people to have Algol in
          paran to their sun:

          Abraham Lincoln (born 1809)
          Adolf Hitler (born 1889)
          Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)

          And in contrast to these figures

          Gregor Mendel (1822- 1884) - the monk who was obsessed with his peas and
          discovered the concept of genes and the feature of dominate and recessive
          genes
          Peter Tchaikovsky - The composer
          Isabel Allende (1942 - ) the wonderful and emotion provoking author

          OR Algol in paran to the Moon

          Mary Wollstonecraft (1759-1797) - One of the founders of the idea of women's
          rights
          Clare Barton (1821 - 1912) - The founder of the American Red Cross
          Annie Oakley (1860 - 1926) - The straight shooting celebrity of the wild
          west (not a normal role for a women at that time)
          Isadora Duncan (1877-1927) - The great dancer who broke the rigid mould of
          ballet and based her dancing on natural rhythms and movements.

          Or Algol with Venus

          Jesse James (1847-1882) the Wild West outlaw
          Mohandas Gandhi (1869 - 1948) - The great Indian statesman.

          Or Algol as the Heliacal Setting Star (indicating the way a person chooses
          to live their life)

          George Armstrong Custer (1839-1876) - The US general who died at the battle
          of Little Big Horn - "Custer's Last Stand"
          Simone de Beaovoir (born 1908) - Known for her treatise 'The Second Sex' in
          which she advocated equality for women and which became a fundamental
          classic of feminist literature.

          All of these figures are intense, strong and powerful people with intense
          strong passions and ideas. By looking at the lives of such people we see the
          polarity of Algol and understand that a star is not good or bad (which is a
          value judgement by us) but rather simply intense and dealing with the
          matters of life itself - through politics, through dance, through genetics
          and so on.

          Bye for now

          Bernadette Brady
          www.AstroLogos.co.uk

> [...]
          >> tragedies, while a clergyman might be called upon to comfort
          >> the victims and their families. A black child might hear of
          >> the horrors of slavery, and a Jewish child might grow up
          >> with the awareness that his grandparents perished in the
          >> Holocaust. A police officer might assist victims of a
          >> natural disaster, or a medical student be assigned to work
          >> in a trauma center. The Algol placement insists upon a
          >> confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of
          >> human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry
          >> or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion,
          >> war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be
          >> dealt with under Medusa.
          >>
          >> "As a light shining in the darkness,
          >> a star is a symbol of the spirit. It
          >> stands for the forces of the spirit
          >> struggling against the forces of darkness"

        • Heather
          Message 4 of 13 , May 4, 2005
            Hello Diana and Bernadette,

            Thanks for your very informative posts
            re Algol positivity.

            I feel a lot better about
            where I am going now....and not being
            so timid about putting my foot out and
            copping the circumstances.

            ((my father's
            Moon was on my NN so there were at lot of
            weird stoppings when I popped my head out,
            once upon a time))

            But somehow I'v endured, and inspired art
            seems to be an outlet...dispositor Venus cj Neptune.

            Heather

            Message 5 of 13 , May 10, 2005
              Originally posted by Heather on the Centaurs list,
              reposted here with Heather's approval.

              Hope you people don't mind all the angle brackets; I
              tried to eliminate as much redundant stuff as I could
              without spending a big chunk of my day editing.

              Mark A. Holmes

              > > Ceres Rx is aligned with
              > > "....
              > > Fixed star: ZUBEN HAKRABI
              > > Longitude 2000: 18SCO46
              > > Declination 1900: -15.52'. Declination
              2000:
              > > -16.14'.
              > > Right ascension: 15h06m. Latitude:
              +01.11'.
              > > Spectral class: K5. Magnitude: 5.3.
              > > Suggested orb: 1 deg. approx Constellation:
              Nu
              > > Libra
              > >

              > > History of the star: A star in the west of the
              > > southern Claw of Libra.
              > >
              > > Close to the helio planetary South Node of
              Mercury;
              > > 17SCO10 in 1900 -
              > > 18SCO20 in 2000, which might give a Mercurial
              > > influence.
              > > Influence of the constellation: The Scales are
              > > associated with the
              > > Hebrew letter Heth and the 8th Tarot Trump
              > > "Justice". (Robson)...."
              > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/new_page_1.htm
              > >
              > > At the notorious prison in Tasmania, justice was
              > > done and the pizza
              > > truck rolled in.

              Pizza delivery ends prison hostage ordeal
              By Andrew Darby and AAP
              May 9, 2005 - 11:05AM

              > > siege in Hobart's
              > > of prisoners and a

              unharmed,
              > > Tasmanian Prisons
              > > conference today.

              > > inmates, which
              > > > included
              > > overcrowded prison.

              > > prisoner pay, he said.

              > > between police and
              > > a group of inmates

              > > midnight, 15 pizzas
              > > > were

              > > delivery of 15 pizzas,"

              > > files had been totally

              > > against inmates
              > > would follow against

              > > the prison in
              > > > support

              > > maximum-security
              > > > prison
              > > which called for

              > > Caroline Dean said
              > > > the
              > > nationally.

              sub-standard
              > > prison and there
              > > > are
              > > Dean said.

              > > and said her group
              > > Government to
              > > > implement
              > > stand-off.

              > > thought to deal with
              > > food, employment
              > > > in
              rehabilitation
              > > programs.

              > > paid and no change,"
              > > > Ms

              > > happens."

              > > (AEST) when the last
              > > had been occupied
              > > > since

              > > Tasmania Police as a

              > > under way.

            • Heather
              Message 6 of 13 , May 12, 2005
                Hi Mark,

                What I found remarkable about this prison seige was
                that the prison is due for a major reconstruction overhaul soon.
                As mentioned by the media it is supposed to be the most rundown prison
                in Australia.

                It seems to be the old story before things get better things tend to
                get darker, like pending change carrying a shadow. Happens all the
                time in the building industry.
                I thought it was a neat resolution with the pizzas.

                Now we have our PM Howard trotting down to Tasmania and declaring
                that he is going to save the forests just like Opposition leader
                Latham said he was prior to election and who lost lots of votes that
                way. There was a big swing away from Labour down there, and they lost
                quite a few long held seats.
                A good lot of what would be faithful voters for the Labour Party are
                now getting the bite-back neocon. serve for being nice to the bloke at
                the top. ie. Howard has served out betrayal of trust in great measure.

                So with pizza deliveries being the good story...this latest saving of
                the old growth forest has a more sinister agenda.

                Also there is a conspiracy story going around that the massacre by
                Martin Bryant was a set up to create a shocking situation so then the
                conservatives would have the perfect excuse to swoop in and change the
                gun laws. Apparently the authorities had even ordered a 12+ person
                ambulance in the 15 months prior to this tragedy. So after all this
                happens and they have put all the guns back into the hands of the
                police and the military (err! and the crims), according to this gov.,
                we are forever going to war. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

                ...these neocons make big messes and love doing it, from what I
                perceive. Might be good to look back over the fixed stars for the
                massacre!
                Heather

                Message 7 of 13 , May 12, 2005
                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Heather" <HeatherCam@s...> wrote:
                  > Hi Mark,

                  > Also there is a conspiracy story going around that the massacre by
                  > Martin Bryant was a set up to create a shocking situation so then the
                  > conservatives would have the perfect excuse to swoop in and change the
                  > gun laws. Apparently the authorities had even ordered a 12+ person
                  > ambulance in the 15 months prior to this tragedy. So after all this
                  > happens and they have put all the guns back into the hands of the
                  > police and the military (err! and the crims), according to this gov.,
                  > we are forever going to war. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
                  Might be good to look back over the fixed stars for the
                  > massacre!

                  http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/

                  April 28, 1996
                  1:30 p.m. AEST
                  Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia

                  Alignments:

                  Sun: Hamal (Alpha Arietis), Schedir (Alpha Cassiopeiae); also Alpha
                  Doradus (in Dorado the Swordfish [which some people see as a goldfish])

                  Venus: Bellatrix (Gamma Orionis); also, Beta Camelopardalis

                  Mars: Alpherg (Eta Piscium); also Messier 32 (M-32), an elliptical
                  galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31, the Andromeda
                  Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused with *the* Vertex,
                  which is an energy point in the chart derived from the prime vertical).

                  http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html

                  Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes, sickness, violent
                  death." (Robson)

                  M-32 is very close to Vertex in the sky and might have an influence
                  that's similar.

                  Uranus: Bos (Rho Capricorni), Dabih (Beta Capricorni), Giedi Prima
                  (Alpha Capricorni), Oculus (Pi Capricorni)

                  (BTW: nobody has yet answered my question in an earlier post about
                  Dabih--does anybody besides Ted George and Barbara Parker see it as
                  similar in influence to Giedi Prima? Personally, I suspect it isn't.)

                  Pluto: Acrab (Beta Scorpii), Isidis (Delta Scorpii), Yed Prior (Delta
                  Ophiuchi); also Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

                  Ceres: Alpha Apodis (in Apus the Bird of Paradise); also, the Great
                  Attractor

                  Juno: Achernar (Alpha Eridani); also Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

                  Vesta: Unukalhai (Alpha Serpentis); also T Coronae Borealis, a
                  nova-type variable.

                  http://freespace.virgin.net/m.poxon/tcrb.htm

                  "This is the famous "blaze star", a recurrent Nova. It could erupt at
                  any time..."

                  Chiron: Porrima (Gamma Virginis, aka Caphir), Vindemiatrix (Epsilon
                  Virginis), Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

                  North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

                  South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

                  I'll do more interpretations later. It's getting late here.

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                    --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                    > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Heather"
                    > <HeatherCam@s...> wrote:
                    > > Hi Mark,

                    > http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/
                    >
                    > April 28, 1996
                    > 1:30 p.m. AEST
                    > Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
                    >
                    > Alignments:
                    >
                    > Sun: Hamal (Alpha Arietis),

                    "It causes violence, brutishness, cruelty and
                    premeditated crime." (Robson)

                    Schedir (Alpha
                    > Cassiopeiae);

                    "This fixed star incorporates serious demeanor with
                    joi e de vivre." (Ebertin/Hoffman)

                    > Venus: Bellatrix (Gamma Orionis);

                    "It gives great civil or military honour but danger of
                    sudden dishonor, renown, wealth, eminent friends and
                    liability to accidents causing blindness and
                    ruin...*With Venus.* Much suffering through love
                    affairs owing to unrestrained feelings." (Robson)

                    also, Beta
                    > Camelopardalis

                    Camelopardalis: "It is said to confer patience,
                    endurance and great wisdom..." (Robson)

                    Beta Camelopardalis apparently lies underneath the
                    Giraffe's belly and in front of its hind legs.

                    http://www.astrosurf.com/jwisn/camelopardalis.htm

                    > Mars: Alpherg (Eta Piscium); also Messier 32 (M-32),
                    > an elliptical
                    > galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31,
                    > the Andromeda
                    > Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused
                    > with *the* Vertex,
                    > which is an energy point in the chart derived from
                    > the prime vertical).
                    >
                    > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html
                    >
                    > Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes,
                    > sickness, violent
                    > death." (Robson)
                    >
                    > M-32

                    an elliptical galaxy and an X-ray source

                    is very close to Vertex in the sky and might
                    > have an influence
                    > that's similar.

                    Given that M-32 appears superimposed on Vertex.

                    >Pluto: Acrab (Beta Scorpii),

                    "It is said to cause extreme malevolence,
                    mercilessness, fiendishness, repulsiveness, malice,
                    theft, crime, pestilence, and contagious disease."
                    (Robson)

                    >Isidis (Delta Scorpii),

                    "It is said to cause sudden assaults, malevolence,
                    immorality and shamelessness." (Robson)

                    >Yed Prior (Delta
                    Ophiuchi);

                    "It is said to cause immorality, shamelessness, and
                    revolution." (Robson)

                    >also Alpha Circini (in Circinus the Drafting Compass)

                    "[Circinus] is said to give a revengeful, violent,
                    grasping and tenacious nature." (Robson)

                    Alpha Circini looks like it may mark either the inside
                    of the circle that the Drafting Compass is meant to
                    draw or the point of the arm of the Drafting Compass
                    that holds the pencil (not the point that you stick
                    into the paper).

                    http://www.astrofilitrentini.it/mat/costell/cir_e.html

                    A circle drawn around somebody?

                    >Ceres: Alpha Apodis (in Apus the Bird of Paradise);

                    "[Apus] is said to confer a kind, benevolent,
                    sympathetic and ambitious nature." (Robson)

                    I was thinking, Apus means "no feet." Europe was first
                    introduced to the bird of paradise through stuffed
                    specimens whose feet had been left off, resulting in a
                    myth that birds of paradise didn't have any feet and
                    that they only stopped flying when they died and fell
                    to the ground. Apus = not grounded, out of touch with
                    reality?

                    I believe Alpha Apodis marks one of the Bird of
                    Paradise's wings.

                    >also, the Great
                    Attractor

                    Sucked in, no longer in control.

                    http://www.ericfrancis.com/sagittarius/sagittarius10.html

                    "'The perception is that people on the Great Attractor
                    have unusual appeal or potency. They find themselves
                    in vast circles, accidentally. Or they have impacted
                    masses of people and think they have created no
                    influence in their lives whatsoever,' [Phil Sedgwick]
                    said.

                    "He [also said] that it's often prominent in the
                    charts of people who feel as if they are in some way
                    alien from the rest of the human race, even literally.

                    ..."'these are people who feel alienated and yet they
                    bring in different levels of consciousness'...

                    >Juno:

                    ...Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

                    "[Phoenix] is said to give a pioneering disposition,
                    ambition and power, together with a long life and
                    lasting fame." (Robson)

                    Ankaa marks the Phoenix's head.

                    In *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix*,
                    Fawkes, Albus Dumbledore's pet phoenix swallowed a
                    bolt of magickal energy Lord Voldemort fired at
                    Dumbledore during the battle inside the Ministry of
                    Magic, and fell to the ground as a baby. Just a
                    thought.

                    >Vesta: Unukalhai (Alpha Serpentis);

                    "It gives immorality, accidents, violence, and danger
                    of poison." (Robson)

                    >also T Coronae Borealis, a
                    nova-type variable.

                    http://freespace.virgin.net/m.poxon/tcrb.htm

                    >"This is the famous "blaze star", a recurrent Nova.
                    It could erupt at
                    any time..."

                    >Chiron: Porrima (Gamma Virginis, aka Caphir),

                    "Called An Atonement Offering..." (Robson)

                    >Vindemiatrix (Epsilon
                    Virginis),

                    "It gives falsity, stealing, wanton folly and often
                    causes its natives to become widows." (Robson)

                    To lose what or who one loves?

                    >Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

                    Bernadette seems to link this one with self-sacrifice
                    (you could say that this is something police officers
                    do).

                    >North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

                    "It gives a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss
                    through friends and companies." (Robson)

                    >South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

                    a burning inside?

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                      --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                      (I wrote earlier)

                      Dabih (Beta Capricorni), Giedi Prima
                      (Alpha Capricorni), (Uranus):

                      >(BTW: nobody has yet answered my question in an
                      earlier post about
                      >Dabih--does anybody besides Ted George and Barbara
                      Parker see it as
                      >similar in influence to Giedi Prima?

                      (Diana wrote)

                      Dabih and Giedi Prima are only 17
                      minutes apart in longitude, 2 24 in latitude and 2 15
                      in
                      declination; it would be next to impossible to
                      separate
                      their effects, IMO;

                      (me)

                      You would need very, very tight orbs to look, but the
                      interpretations I've seen for Dabih aspects vary a bit
                      from aspects for Giedi Prima (e.g., Robson,
                      pp.157-158, 167-169).

                      Mark A. Holmes

                      __________________________________
                      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                      http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                        --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                        > http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/
                        >
                        > April 28, 1996
                        > 1:30 p.m. AEST
                        > Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
                        >
                        > Alignments:
                        >

                        >>Sun:

                        >>Schedir (Alpha
                        > Cassiopeiae);

                        >"This fixed star incorporates serious demeanor with
                        joi e de vivre." (Ebertin/Hoffman)

                        Something very serious happening (in the present or in
                        the distant past) at a place where people go to have
                        fun.

                        > Mars:

                        firearms, aggression, violence

                        >Alpherg (Eta Piscium);

                        "preparedness, steadiness, determination, final
                        success." (Robson)

                        also Messier 32 (M-32),
                        > an elliptical
                        > galaxy in Andromeda which is a companion to M-31,
                        > the Andromeda
                        > Galaxy, also known as Vertex (not to be confused
                        > with *the* Vertex,
                        > which is an energy point in the chart derived from
                        > the prime vertical).
                        >
                        > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m032.html
                        >
                        > Vertex: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes,
                        > sickness, violent
                        > death." (Robson)

                        A homicidal maniac.

                        >> M-32

                        >an elliptical galaxy and an X-ray source

                        >>is very close to Vertex in the sky and might
                        >>have an influence
                        >> that's similar.

                        >Given that M-32 appears superimposed on Vertex.

                        Still, M-32, being a "positive jeboric" (that radiates
                        on wavelengths shorter than the visible-light band),
                        may have some spiritual lesson to offer, possibly
                        something related to Vertex's influence.

                        Robson says that Mercury with Oculus or Bos gives "a
                        clever and piercing intellect." Maybe other planets
                        can have a similar effect? Uranus aligned with Oculus
                        and Bos = trying to get to the bottom of this sudden,
                        bizarre event, to try to understand what happened and
                        why?

                        >>Ceres:
                        >>the Great
                        Attractor

                        >Sucked in, no longer in control.

                        In a situation where you're totally at the mercy of a
                        homicidal maniac and have to watch people die (Ceres).

                        http://www.ericfrancis.com/sagittarius/sagittarius10.html

                        >"'The perception is that people on the Great
                        Attractor
                        have unusual appeal or potency. They find themselves
                        in vast circles, accidentally. Or they have impacted
                        masses of people and think they have created no
                        influence in their lives whatsoever,' [Phil Sedgwick]
                        said.

                        >"He [also said] that it's often prominent in the
                        charts of people who feel as if they are in some way
                        alien from the rest of the human race, even literally.

                        >..."'these are people who feel alienated and yet they
                        bring in different levels of consciousness'...

                        Martin Bryant achieved international notoriety with
                        what he did.

                        >>Juno:

                        >>...Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

                        >>"[Phoenix] is said to give a pioneering disposition,
                        ambition and power, together with a long life and
                        lasting fame." (Robson)

                        >>Ankaa marks the Phoenix's head.

                        >>In *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix*,
                        Fawkes, Albus Dumbledore's pet phoenix swallowed a
                        bolt of magickal energy Lord Voldemort fired at
                        Dumbledore during the battle inside the Ministry of
                        Magic, and fell to the ground as a baby.

                        >>Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

                        >Bernadette seems to link this one with self-sacrifice
                        (you could say that this is something police officers
                        do).

                        Go into harm's way, even take bullets, for other
                        people (as Fawkes the phoenix did for Dumbledore).

                        >>North Node: Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

                        >"It gives a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss
                        through friends and companies." (Robson)

                        Bryant lost through the murders he committed at these
                        businesses, which were "shameless"; "subtle mind" may
                        refer to his lawyer.

                        >>South Node: Nu Fornacis (in Fornax the Furnace)

                        >a burning inside?

                        Or maybe "burn in hell".

                        I think I've elaborated completely now.

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                          wrote:
                          > Hi Mark,

                          > Now we have our PM Howard trotting down to Tasmania and declaring
                          > that he is going to save the forests just like Opposition leader
                          > Latham said he was prior to election and who lost lots of votes
                          that
                          > way. There was a big swing away from Labour down there, and they
                          lost
                          > quite a few long held seats.
                          >
                          > So with pizza deliveries being the good story...this latest saving
                          of
                          > the old growth forest has a more sinister agenda.

                          Bush just approved a reversal of Bill Clinton's ban of roads in many
                          areas of national forests and oil drilling in Alaska's Arctic
                          National Wildlife Refuge. Frankly, I would be looking for the catch
                          if he said he wanted to save old-growth forests, because with him,
                          there almost certainly would be one in such a case. I don't know
                          what this has to do with Ceres aligned with Zubenalhakrabi.

                          However, a 3-year-old girl dubbed Precious Doe who was beheaded and
                          left in a field in Kansas City four years ago now has a name--Erica
                          Green--and her stepfather, who killed her while stoned on PCP
                          because she resisted bedtime and then used garden shears to cut off
                          her head, and her mother who helped cover up the deed, are now
                          sitting in jail, charged with Erica's murder. The case was broken
                          because of a tip prompted by an ad a local comics artist and anti-
                          crime activist put in a local newspaper.

                          Also: Connecticut just executed a murderer and rapist who insisted
                          on being executed. He may not have gotten it any other way.
                          Executions are very rare in New England, from which the anti-death-
                          penalty movement in the US originated. Plus, the feds are
                          aggressively pushing the death penalty for someone in Vermont, which
                          doesn't have a state death penalty, I guess because some people in
                          Washington want to stick it to liberals.

                          (Not to make this a political forum...)

                          Mark A. Holmes

                          > In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes
                          > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
                          > > Originally posted by Heather on the Centaurs list,
                          > > reposted here with Heather's approval.
                          > >
                          > > Hope you people don't mind all the angle brackets; I
                          > > tried to eliminate as much redundant stuff as I could
                          > > without spending a big chunk of my day editing.
                          > >
                          > > Mark A. Holmes

                          > > 2000:
                          > > +01.11'.
                          > > Nu

                          > > Mercury;

                        • Heather
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 15, 2005
                            Mark,

                            Yes I dont see how this has much to do with Ceres aligned with
                            Zubenalhakrabi. But it did come up for me.

                            Our PM saving the old growth forests in Tasmania was a political coup
                            against his opponent prior to last election here. Greens Senator Bob
                            Brown likened his methods to 3 champaigne glasses, on filled with
                            bubbly, the other two with blue/green poison.

                            It seems that the PM is using Tassie as some sort of pivotal point in
                            his political machinations. Like resolving the massacre was his first
                            grand entrance as a PM. And it was notable that bashings and aggro in
                            the streets rose drastically in the few months after the Liberals came
                            to power.

                            Zubenalhakrabi
                            Declination: -15 degrees

                            in star in the claw of Scorpio; one the gets the idea of feeding the
                            scorpion here. In that context it is perhaps similar to the nature of
                            Ceres.

                            In declination Ceres is a few degrees off parallel to Zubenalhakrabi
                            however it looks to be contraparallel Sun and parallel Astrea; Astrea
                            conj. Ceres. Astrea in Sagitarius means "inability to let go of
                            personal belief system to make way for more inclusive and bigger
                            picture" (Solar Fire interpretion)

                            Also apart from fixed star info. I looked to see what the Sabian
                            Symbol says about its position at the moment...

                            "A spaniard serenading his senorita"

                            Lynda Hill in her book "The Sabian Symbols as an Oracle" says

                            "...looking through the pretence.... The Caution: A ruse performed to
                            achieve a goal by deception. Lies deceit and propaganda. Not believing
                            messages being given by loved ones. Feeling like something is missing
                            from the relationship. Superficial judgements about love - how it
                            should look or be."

                            Thus one could perhaps see where the conspiracy theories have arisen
                            from this event.

                            Heather

                            Message 13 of 13 , May 15, 2005
                              --- Heather <HeatherCam@...> wrote:

                              > Mark,
                              >

                              > Our PM saving the old growth forests in Tasmania was
                              > a political coup
                              > against his opponent prior to last election here.
                              > Greens Senator Bob
                              > Brown likened his methods to 3 champaigne glasses,
                              > on filled with
                              > bubbly, the other two with blue/green poison.
                              >
                              > It seems that the PM is using Tassie as some sort of
                              > pivotal point in
                              > his political machinations. Like resolving the
                              > massacre was his first
                              > grand entrance as a PM. And it was notable that
                              > bashings and aggro in
                              > the streets rose drastically in the few months after
                              > the Liberals came
                              > to power.
                              >
                              > Zubenalhakrabi
                              > Declination: -15 degrees
                              >
                              > in star in the claw of Scorpio; one the gets the
                              > idea of feeding the
                              > scorpion here. In that context it is perhaps similar
                              > to the nature of
                              > Ceres.

                              Yeah, okay, I see what you're getting at.

                              Zubenalhakrabi is also just below the southern pan of
                              the Scales; that end of the Scales' balance-beam is
                              marked by Zubenalgenubi ("insufficient price"). The
                              other end is marked by Zubenalgemali ("the full
                              price"). So Zubenalhakrabi is in the southern pan of
                              the Scales when they don't balance?

                              Mark A. Holmes

                              Yahoo! Mail