Re: [thefixedstars] Starlight newsletter

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 9, 2007

      > Check out this month's Starlight newsletter. It's
      > about Myanmar aka Burma.
      >
      > Bernadette: Which star in Draco is called Rastaben?

      Never mind. <g>

      Rastaban = Beta Draconis. Also known as Alwaid.

      Rastab*e*n = Gamma Draconis. I have that down as
      Etamin.

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alwaid.html

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Etamin.html

      There's another "Ras" out there besides these two, Ras
      Elased Borealis, and Ras Elased Australis. The name
      Rasalkurki (Head of the Crane) is sometimes given to
      Gamma Gruis, also known as Aldhanab. I've given it to
      Lambda Gruis.