Re: Sept Solar eclipse and 18-19 Virgo

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007

      > the universe speaks. ;-) MissB

      I posted this on the current eclipse several weeks ago.

      The following stars/deep sky objects are aligned with the eclipse:

      "Asterion (Beta Canum Venaticorum)"

      (wishing on a star? guiding stars? the Red Star of communism?)

      "Tsze Tseang (Iota Leonis)

      (Chinese = the second general)"

      (Kim Jong Il succeeded his father Kim Il Sung as head of North Korea,
      which is a military dictatorship)

      "Shishimai (Sigma Leonis)

      (Japanese = lion dance)"

      Two powerful and dangerous entities engaged in diplomatic maneuvering
      (or military maneuvering, but apparently not in this case)

      (The Japanese lion dance, or shishimai, is a festive Shinto ritual
      done annually to ask the gods for a good harvest and a safe household)

      "NGC 3862 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)"

      (black holes have been linked strange occurrences)

      "Koo She (Delta Velorum)

      (Chinese = bow and arrow)"

      (kind of like shooting the moon?)

      Mark A. Holmes

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 8, 2007
        You know the korean conflict was called by some WWIII becaues almost
        every country participated in that war in that space. so a healing
        there may be a healing world wide. Just a thought.

        and makes me think of the current conflict which is definitely world
        inclusive in my mind. And what it may take to change and heal.

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 9, 2007
          Check out this month's Starlight newsletter. It's
          about Myanmar aka Burma.

          Bernadette: Which star in Draco is called Rastaben?

          http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 9, 2007

            > Check out this month's Starlight newsletter. It's
            > about Myanmar aka Burma.
            >
            > Bernadette: Which star in Draco is called Rastaben?

            Never mind. <g>

            Rastaban = Beta Draconis. Also known as Alwaid.

            Rastab*e*n = Gamma Draconis. I have that down as
            Etamin.

            http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alwaid.html

            http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Etamin.html

            There's another "Ras" out there besides these two, Ras
            Elased Borealis, and Ras Elased Australis. The name
            Rasalkurki (Head of the Crane) is sometimes given to
            Gamma Gruis, also known as Aldhanab. I've given it to
            Lambda Gruis.