Red Sea Volcano (long)

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
      Red Sea Volcano (long)

      1a. Re: Volcano
      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The volcano going off in the REd Sea off the coast of Yemen is
      > > probably worthy of note today as well, reallys started yesterday I
      > > believe, MissB
      ======================
      Hi-

      The volcano is Djebel Teyr or Jebel al Tair - the Smithsonian Volcano Book has it
      at 15N42 00, 41E44 31.2; its last eruption was 1883

      I ran a chart for the Autumn Equinox at those coordinates - the Mars-Pluto opposition came
      out in 6th-12th near the Asc-Dsc: (Asc was 4 Cap 05, MC 12 Libra 25)

      The one very definite volcano area I've found in the stars is in late Virgo at the stars of
      Crater, the Cup, which I now believe should be Crater, the volcanic crater!

      2000.0:
      Epsilon Crateris                26 Virgo 15
      Labrum, Delta Crateris          26 Virgo 41
      HD 99918 Crateris               27 Virgo 05
      Kappa Crateris                  27 Virgo 28

      So you can see that Mars and Pluto were squaring these - I don't usually use aspects to fixed
      stars, but this is a good example of it working!

      The 2nd and 8th houses were, in Manilius' Astronomica (ca 10 AD) the "Abodes of Typhon;"
      in my book, under Constellation Pisces, I have

      "A Roman myth said that Venus and her son Cupid were frightened by Typhon, a monstrous dragon of flames and fire. Typhon could not live in water, so water-born Venus and her son tied themselves together so that they would not lose each other in the depths, changed themselves into fishes, and disappeared into the sea. (Typhon was quite a trouble-maker: Jupiter finally zapped him with a thunderbolt, tied him up, and dropped the island of Sicily on him to hold him down; Mt. Etna was placed on his head, and its frequent eruptions are attributed to Typhon’s considerable annoyance!)"

      So Manilius' "Abodes of Typhon" definitely relate to volcanoes, and in this ingress chart the 2nd house contains Moon, Neptune, AVx and NNode; the 8th has Venus, TransplutoVertex (exactly conjunct), Saturn and the SNode.

      I once created a "Part of Volcanoes" - 8th cusp + Mars - Pluto; here it comes out and 6 Aquar 22 on the 2nd house cusp.
      Jupiter, in the 12th at 13 Sag 11, is right on the helio SNode of Uranus

      The IC (12 Aries) is one of the two highest scoring fire areas in the sky:

      From the book:

      Mu Cephei   in King’s head   "Garnet Star"      9AR42   64 12   58 47   21 44   4.08    M2 Ia
      Psi Pegasi in body, near navel  10AR05  23 10   25 08   23 58   4.66    M3 III
      Nova Lacertae 1936  in crown of Cepheus 11AR12  58 52   55 37   22 16   -----   -----
       appeared on Cepheus/Lacerta border June 18, 1936; “officially” in Lacerta, but actually in the original
       crown of Cepheus, the King. King Edward VIII of England abdicated less than 6 months later
      Dheneb  Eta Ceti  Sea-Monster’s flank   11AR46  -16 07  -10 11  1 09    3.45    K2 III
      14 Andromedae   chained right wrist     11AR58  38 14   39 14   23 31   5.22    K0 III

      Also here: Chi Pegasi where the Horse is cut off (11136), 14 Cephei in the King's crown (12101), and dim stars in the cord of Pisces.

      In the modern figures, stars of Lacerta, the Lizard and Fornax, the Furnace. This set spans 9130 to 12134.

      Mundane: Fires!!!, explosions, wanton destruction, looting,  gas events, asphyxiation; underground
      springs, gasses, heat, pressures, eruptions; meteorite falls, assassinations, assassination attempts.

      Fire paragraph:

      The King wears a Crown of Fire (Romans called him “inflammatus”!): *Ibn Ezra, an 11th century astrologer who followed Ptolemy in almost all of his constellation descriptions, broke from this guide and listed in the place of Cepheus, "The Lady of the Flame," *the Hsiu Tung-Pi was cited in Sun Tzu’s classic “Art of War” (ca 500 BCE) as a  propitious lunar placement for attacks with fire, *In the 1750’s Abbé de La Caille created, in these longitudes, the modern constellation of Fornax, the Furnace. *In ancient China, 14 Andromedae was part of “The Celestial Stables” housing sacred sacrificial horses, exemplars of the principle of fire or Yang, *The two Bhadrapadha nakshatras (this is Uttarabhadrapadha) were known as ‘the Scorching Pair,’ connected with all things hot and burning: this is one of two areas with the highest number of fires in the zodiac. Among them: Moon: Exeter Theatre fire, 1887, England: 200 died, many suffocated by smoke; Mercury: Triangle Clothing Factory Fire, 1911, New York City: 146 died, mostly young women trapped on upper floors (Andromeda, entrapment!) Saturn, L’Innovation Department Store fire 1967, Brussels: 322 killed; Venus, start of fire-bombing of Dresden, 1945, more than 35,000 civilians killed, architectural treasures destroyed; Bradford, England football stadium fire 1985 (53 killed) and the "Move" cult bombing by Philadelphia police causing a fire that gutted entire city block (11 dead, 200 homeless); Mars: 10-hour fire destroyed Lisbon’s Chiado shopping district, 1988; Mars st rx 1988, start of the Yellowstone fires and the 1988 Ramstein, Germany Air Show disaster when three planes collided and crashed in flames, parts hitting spectators (70 killed, 500 injured). Uranus: Crile Hospital fire, 1929, Cleveland, OH (x-ray film gasses asphyxiated 124); Neptune, 1865: a boiler explosion and fire wrecked paddle-wheeler “Sultana” carrying 2,500, most of them Union soldiers returning from Civil War, on the Mississippi River near Memphis, TN: 1,238 were killed outright or drowned - “the worst maritime disaster in American history.” NNode, 1987, the “Great Black Dragon Fire” in Manchuria, “the worst forest fire in 300 years” that destroyed prime timber stands in vast stretches of China and Soviet Union; SNode: TWA Flight 800 exploded, crashed in flames into Atlantic off Long Island in 1996, killing 230; MC, Cancer Ingress 1994, Leavenworth, WA, 2 months before severe forest fires forced evacuation of town (fires raged throughout Pacific NW); MC when an accidental explosion caused by thieves siphoning oil from a pipeline ignited an inferno near Jesse, Nigeria in 1998; about 800 killed, entire villages and croplands destroyed. This was the Moon at the 1979 Three Mile Island nuclear accident and partial meltdown, Mercury at the 1986 Chernobyl, USSR nuclear explosion, fire and meltdown! There are underground fires, gas pressures and springs as well: this was the IC at the notorious eruption of Vesuvius in 79 CE that destroyed Pompeii and Herculaneum, burying and entombing them for centuries under layers of ash, the IC at New Madrid, MO at a Solar Eclipse in Sept, 1811 (path through US) 3 months before a series of massive quakes hit, Dec, 1811 to Feb, 1812 (this was Mars at the last and strongest of them); Jupiter was here at the 1963 eruption of Surtsey, a new volcanic island off Iceland, Saturn at the Aries Ingress of 125 BCE when the 1st thermal station was established at the sulfur-alkaline springs of Aix-Les-Bains, France, the Asc of a deadly CO2 gas burst from Lake Nyos, Cameroon in 1986 that killed 1,746 villagers and more than 8,300 animals, the MC when a series of violent gas explosions ripped open streets in Guadalajara, Mexico, 1992, killing more than 500. Mercury was here (cnj the Sun) in 1996 when a stray mother cat suffered severe burns rescuing her 5 kittens from a garage fire; rushed to a shelter by a firefighter, 4 of the 5 kittens and the mother, named “Scarlett,” survived and became world-famous.

      And this was the IC at the Libra Ingress at the volcano site.

      So the message was there.

      By the way, if you see 9-12 Aries on a client's chart, warn them about fire - tell them
      to take precautions and have plenty of insurance (usually they'll say, "Oh, I know, that's
      already happened"!)

      I think I'll send this on to the Political Astrology list - hope that's OK.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
        Go ahead and send it on, Diana. And thanks for posting
        this.

        Mark A. Holmes

        === message truncated ===

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC