Re: Sept Solar eclipse and 18-19 Virgo

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
      the universe speaks. ;-) MissB

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
      <gabymitt@...> wrote:

      > I do not have the south Korea' map...
      >
      > And I know eclipses are usually unpleasant happenings,
      >
      > But still, I was quiet astonished today when I heard on the news.
      >
      > Think about it!! Every country had an impact of the S.Eclipe...
      but I chose

    • mcadler@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
        Congrats, Gaby!  Don't you just love it?

        Interestingly, North Korea has Uranus at 00 Cancer, which transiting Pluto will be exactly opposing shortly (even though I'm of the mindset that the effects of Pluto's transits tend to manifest about 5-6 degrees before the exact aspect).

        Michele Adler
        www.micheleadler.com

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007

          > the universe speaks. ;-) MissB

          I posted this on the current eclipse several weeks ago.

          The following stars/deep sky objects are aligned with the eclipse:

          "Asterion (Beta Canum Venaticorum)"

          (wishing on a star? guiding stars? the Red Star of communism?)

          "Tsze Tseang (Iota Leonis)

          (Chinese = the second general)"

          (Kim Jong Il succeeded his father Kim Il Sung as head of North Korea,
          which is a military dictatorship)

          "Shishimai (Sigma Leonis)

          (Japanese = lion dance)"

          Two powerful and dangerous entities engaged in diplomatic maneuvering
          (or military maneuvering, but apparently not in this case)

          (The Japanese lion dance, or shishimai, is a festive Shinto ritual
          done annually to ask the gods for a good harvest and a safe household)

          "NGC 3862 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)"

          (black holes have been linked strange occurrences)

          "Koo She (Delta Velorum)

          (Chinese = bow and arrow)"

          (kind of like shooting the moon?)

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 8, 2007
            You know the korean conflict was called by some WWIII becaues almost
            every country participated in that war in that space. so a healing
            there may be a healing world wide. Just a thought.

            and makes me think of the current conflict which is definitely world
            inclusive in my mind. And what it may take to change and heal.

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 9, 2007
              Check out this month's Starlight newsletter. It's
              about Myanmar aka Burma.

              Bernadette: Which star in Draco is called Rastaben?

              http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 9, 2007

                > Check out this month's Starlight newsletter. It's
                > about Myanmar aka Burma.
                >
                > Bernadette: Which star in Draco is called Rastaben?

                Never mind. <g>

                Rastaban = Beta Draconis. Also known as Alwaid.

                Rastab*e*n = Gamma Draconis. I have that down as
                Etamin.

                http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alwaid.html

                http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Etamin.html

                There's another "Ras" out there besides these two, Ras
                Elased Borealis, and Ras Elased Australis. The name
                Rasalkurki (Head of the Crane) is sometimes given to
                Gamma Gruis, also known as Aldhanab. I've given it to
                Lambda Gruis.