Re: [thefixedstars] Sept Solar eclipse and 18-19 Virgo

  • mcadler@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14 8:55 AM
      Hi Gaby,

      I think an eclipse's effects are evident three months before and three months after the eclipse, and if any planet is transiting in conjunction or opposition of the degree of the eclipse, it can activate the eclipse's effects. The New Moon that squares the eclipse point--which in this case would be December's New Moon--can usually coincide with something significant if the eclipse is prominent to your chart. (I have also seen, time and time again, that eclipses affect progressed and directed planets, both in the regular and converse positions.)

      Dietrech Pessin's book, Lunar Shadows: The Lost Key to the Timing of Eclipses, says that all New Moons (including eclipses) have a two-year cycle. She noticed this in her research--that the degree of an eclipse (and New Moon) is perpetuated for two years. She says that the Sept. 11 2007 eclipse would be perpetuated through June 10, 2008 when the First Quarter  Moon will be in 20 Virgo 06; through March 11, 2009, when the Full Moon will be at 20 Virgo 40, and Dec. 9, 2009, when the Last Quarter Moon will be at 17 Virgo 03.

      A good example of this kind of perpetuation is the eclipse of Aug. 11, 1999, which has been related to the events of 9/11/2001. That eclipse was still "active" through Nov. 8, 2001, using Dietrech's observations.

      I have found this "perpetuation" has validity, probably more with eclipses than with regular New Moons. The dates of those first quarter, full, last quarter Moons can coincide with resolutions to certain issues brought up at the eclipse. But that 3-months-before, 3-months-after effects seem to coincide with the more obvious effects of the eclipse.

      Regarding this week's eclipse, I just posted a 7000-word article last week on my web site about the 18-19 degree of Virgo and how it has manifested with events, as well as in the progressions and directions of some famous people when they had planets or angles moving into the 18th and 19th degrees of Virgo.  It's at www.micheleadler.com/articles, or just go to the site (www.micheleadler.com) and click on articles.

      Michele Adler

    • Shawhouse
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14 10:38 AM
        Michele -
        I found your article to be well written and am making a hard copy for
        easy reference. It is particularly fascinating to me because my
        husband's Asc. is 18Virgo11. I have been watching this eclipse out of
        interest in him, of course, but also, because Tr. Uranus is on the cusp
        of his 7th house opposing this eclipse, and I (and, especially since
        Aquarius rules his 6th house, my health) clearly fall within that
        description. This morning, after reading your article, I suggested he
        should by some lottery tickets! However, here are some more grounded
        facts: Both he and I are scheduled for our upcoming colonoscopies.
        Also, my husband is an avid amateur photographer. At a recent family he
        sat next to a a distant cousin of mine who I had not seen in 40 years
        who had taken up photography upon retirement. This man has had a major
        publisher publish a book of his photographs and has his work hanging in
        permanent collections of major museums. Meeting my cousin triggered a
        hunger for recognition in my husband's heart and he's now working
        feverishly on his own website and has signed up for a seminar on how to
        get one's photographs in a gallery. Under normal circumstances I would
        anticipate that my husband's enthusiasm for this endeavor might peter
        out, but given that the events surround a Virgo eclipse on his Asc., I
        wonder if this activity might bear fruit.
        Diana S.

        mcadler@... wrote:

        > Hi Gaby,
        >
        > I think an eclipse's effects are evident three months before and three
        > months after the eclipse, and if any planet is transiting in
        > conjunction or opposition of the degree of the eclipse, it can
        > activate the eclipse's effects. The New Moon that squares the eclipse
        > point--which in this case would be December's New Moon--can usually
        > coincide with something significant if the eclipse is prominent to
        > your chart. (I have also seen, time and time again, that eclipses
        > affect progressed and directed planets, both in the regular and
        > converse positions.)
        >
        > Dietrech Pessin's book, /Lunar Shadows: The Lost Key to the Timing of
        > Eclipses/, says that all New Moons (including eclipses) have a
        > two-year cycle. She noticed this in her research--that the degree of
        > an eclipse (and New Moon) is perpetuated for two years. She says that
        > the Sept. 11 2007 eclipse would be perpetuated through June 10, 2008
        > when the First Quarter Moon will be in 20 Virgo 06; through March 11,
        > 2009, when the Full Moon will be at 20 Virgo 40, and Dec. 9, 2009,
        > when the Last Quarter Moon will be at 17 Virgo 03.
        >
        > A good example of this kind of perpetuation is the eclipse of Aug. 11,
        > 1999, which has been related to the events of 9/11/2001. That eclipse
        > was still "active" through Nov. 8, 2001, using Dietrech's observations.
        >
        > I have found this "perpetuation" has validity, probably more with
        > eclipses than with regular New Moons. The dates of those first
        > quarter, full, last quarter Moons can coincide with resolutions to
        > certain issues brought up at the eclipse. But that 3-months-before,
        > 3-months-after effects seem to coincide with the more obvious effects
        > of the eclipse.
        >
        > Regarding this week's eclipse, I just posted a 7000-word article last
        > week on my web site about the 18-19 degree of Virgo and how it has
        > manifested with events, as well as in the progressions and directions
        > of some famous people when they had planets or angles moving into the
        > 18th and 19th degrees of Virgo. It's at www.micheleadler.com/articles
        > <http://www.micheleadler.com/articles>, or just go to the site
        > (www.micheleadler.com <http://www.micheleadler.com>) and click on
        > articles.
        >
        > Michele Adler

        > See what's new at AOL.com
        > <http://www.aol.com?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170> and Make AOL Your
        > Homepage <http://www.aol.com/mksplash.adp?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001169>.

      • Gaby Mittelman
        Message 3 of 2 , Sep 15 2:11 AM

          Dear Michele,

          I visited your site, and read everything is on it.

          Thank you for your answer to my question regarding the solar eclipse.

          Will watch it closely, and see what will bring .

          I am interested in buying your book

          Giving me a rosh ha shana present.( New Year's)

          thanks

          Gabriella

        • Gaby Mittelman
          Message 4 of 2 , Sep 15 2:32 AM

            Hello Michele,

            Did u see Saddam Hussein's chart ?

            He has his Neptune on the MC at 16.24 Virgo, well not 18, but close !

            28th April 1937

            21.39 hrs

            Tikrit, Iraq

            Kofi Annan too his Neptune at 19.02

            But I guess all who were born in 1938,39 have their Neptune there ...

            Opps

            North Korea's Sun is on the 17.18 Virgo

            10Sept 1948

            12.00

            Phen'jan

            And Jupiter is squaring it now

            Now, after reading your article I look at degrees differently, checking which planet makes any angle to

            This 17-18 Virgo... fascinating !

            On the other hand I wander what will the opp. Of Uranus to this point bring in Feb 2008 ?

            Gabriella

          • mcadler@aol.com
            Message 5 of 2 , Sep 15 1:33 PM
              Hi, Gabriella,

              I always worry about middle East births, since the day isn't usually even recorded, much less the time. Yes, you're absolutely correct about North Korea having the Sun in 17 Virgo. According to Nick Campion's Book of World Horoscopes, the North Korea chart is for Sept. 10, 1948, 12 PM, Pyongyang, North Korea. What's also interesting about the North Korea chart is it has Uranus in 00 Cancer--which is probably in orb now for Pluto's ingress into 00 Capricorn. (Pluto always seems to manifest a few years before the actual transiting aspect.)

              I am finding the degree study fascinating, as I'm finalizing my research on Aries degrees while continuing to collect events/progressions/directions on the other degrees. It's as much a history lesson as it is an astrology lesson. I'm putting some emphasis on 17-18 Aquarius/Leo, as that is the next solar eclipse (on 2/7/2008). Interestingly, it falls on the USA Moon at 18 Aquarius 12, if you use the 8 Gemini rising chart for the US.

              Michele Adler

              Message 6 of 2 , Sep 15 2:27 PM
                Diana S. -

                Eclipses to the ascendants can also often involved a change in appearance, too: That can sometimes mean a physical change, like cutting one's hair, but many times it comes from simply being happy. A new interest can do that for you, too.  (The interest in photography could also be associated with a Neptune transit, since Neptune involves photography, film, etc.) Also important not to overlook the solstice point of the eclipse--12 Aries.

                Michele Adler

                Message 7 of 2 , Sep 15 5:57 PM
                  --- mcadler@... wrote:

                  > I am finding the degree study fascinating, as I'm
                  > finalizing my research on
                  > Aries degrees while continuing to collect
                  > events/progressions/directions on
                  > the other degrees. It's as much a history lesson as
                  > it is an astrology lesson.
                  > I'm putting some emphasis on 17-18 Aquarius/Leo, as
                  > that is the next solar
                  > eclipse (on 2/7/2008).

                  At 17 Aquarius 44. It's conjunct Mercury and aligned
                  with the following stars:

                  Marakk (Zeta Capricorni)

                  Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

                  Al Salib (Delta Delphini)

                  (Arabic = the cross)

                  Hinnulus (Epsilon Equulei)

                  (Latin = a young mule)

                  Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)

                  Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148 & 5150 Gruis)

                  Tien Tsien (Iota Puppis)

                  (Chinese = heavenly cash)

                  EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

                  http://farechase.yahoo.com/
                • GM
                  Message 8 of 2 , Sep 17 10:36 PM
                    Hello Michele,

                    What about hous cusps that open at 17th degree of each sign ( using
                    equal house sys )?

                    is this meaningful as well ? as u mentioned above?
                    Of course each sign has its meanings with every degree..
                    any place/ book or site to read about this ??

                    hugs
                    Gaby

                    <_http://www.aol.http://www.aohttp://wwhttp://www.aol.http_
                    > (http://www.aol.com/mksplash.adp?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001169) >.

                    http://www.aol.com

                  • GM
                    Message 9 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
                      On the 15th of Sept I mentioned North Korea ...
                      Now I hear on the news, that the two Koreas signed a peace treaty
                      after 54 years !!

                      wowwww

                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"

                      Message 10 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
                        for them possibly it was a coming together of sun and moon, not so
                        much an eclipse? joining. MissB

                        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "GM" <gabymitt@...> wrote:

                        > On the 15th of Sept I mentioned North Korea ...
                        > Now I hear on the news, that the two Koreas signed a peace treaty
                        > after 54 years !!
                        >
                        > wowwww
                        >

                        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gaby Mittelman"
                        > <gabymitt@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hello Michele,
                        > >

                        > > Did u see Saddam Hussein's chart ?
                        > >
                        > > He has his Neptune on the MC at 16.24 Virgo, well not 18, but
                        > close !
                        > >
                        > > 28th April 1937
                        > >
                        > > 21.39 hrs
                        > >
                        > > Tikrit, Iraq
                        > >

                        > > Kofi Annan too his Neptune at 19.02
                        > >
                        > > But I guess all who were born in 1938,39 have their Neptune
                        > there ...
                        > >
                        > > Opps
                        > >

                        > > North Korea's Sun is on the 17.18 Virgo
                        > >

                        > > 10Sept 1948
                        > >
                        > > 12.00
                        > >
                        > > Phen'jan
                        > >

                        > > And Jupiter is squaring it now
                        > >

                        > > Now, after reading your article I look at degrees differently,
                        > checking
                        > > which planet makes any angle to
                        > >
                        > > This 17-18 Virgo... fascinating !
                        > >

                        > > On the other hand I wander what will the opp. Of Uranus to this
                        > point bring
                        > > in Feb 2008 ?
                        > >

                        > > Gabriella

                      • Gaby Mittelman
                        Message 11 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007

                          I do not have the south Korea ' map...

                          And I know eclipses are usually unpleasant happenings,

                          But still, I was quiet astonished today when I heard on the news.

                          Think about it!! Every country had an impact of the S.Eclipe... but I chose

                          North Korea to write about, funny isn't it ?

                          Gaby

                          Message 12 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
                            the universe speaks. ;-) MissB

                          • mcadler@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
                              Congrats, Gaby!  Don't you just love it?

                              Interestingly, North Korea has Uranus at 00 Cancer, which transiting Pluto will be exactly opposing shortly (even though I'm of the mindset that the effects of Pluto's transits tend to manifest about 5-6 degrees before the exact aspect).

                              Michele Adler
                              www.micheleadler.com

                              Message 14 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007

                                > the universe speaks. ;-) MissB

                                I posted this on the current eclipse several weeks ago.

                                The following stars/deep sky objects are aligned with the eclipse:

                                "Asterion (Beta Canum Venaticorum)"

                                (wishing on a star? guiding stars? the Red Star of communism?)

                                "Tsze Tseang (Iota Leonis)

                                (Chinese = the second general)"

                                (Kim Jong Il succeeded his father Kim Il Sung as head of North Korea,
                                which is a military dictatorship)

                                "Shishimai (Sigma Leonis)

                                (Japanese = lion dance)"

                                Two powerful and dangerous entities engaged in diplomatic maneuvering
                                (or military maneuvering, but apparently not in this case)

                                (The Japanese lion dance, or shishimai, is a festive Shinto ritual
                                done annually to ask the gods for a good harvest and a safe household)

                                "NGC 3862 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)"

                                (black holes have been linked strange occurrences)

                                "Koo She (Delta Velorum)

                                (Chinese = bow and arrow)"

                                (kind of like shooting the moon?)

                                Mark A. Holmes

                                Message 15 of 2 , Oct 8, 2007
                                  You know the korean conflict was called by some WWIII becaues almost
                                  every country participated in that war in that space. so a healing
                                  there may be a healing world wide. Just a thought.

                                  and makes me think of the current conflict which is definitely world
                                  inclusive in my mind. And what it may take to change and heal.

                                  Message 16 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
                                    Check out this month's Starlight newsletter. It's
                                    about Myanmar aka Burma.

                                    Bernadette: Which star in Draco is called Rastaben?

                                    http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html
                                    Message 17 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007

                                      > Check out this month's Starlight newsletter. It's
                                      > about Myanmar aka Burma.
                                      >
                                      > Bernadette: Which star in Draco is called Rastaben?

                                      Never mind. <g>

                                      Rastaban = Beta Draconis. Also known as Alwaid.

                                      Rastab*e*n = Gamma Draconis. I have that down as
                                      Etamin.

                                      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alwaid.html

                                      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Etamin.html

                                      There's another "Ras" out there besides these two, Ras
                                      Elased Borealis, and Ras Elased Australis. The name
                                      Rasalkurki (Head of the Crane) is sometimes given to
                                      Gamma Gruis, also known as Aldhanab. I've given it to
                                      Lambda Gruis.