Fixed star alignments: 8:35 p.m. CDT, May 1, 2005

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      Jupiter aligned with Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis),
      Porrima (aka Caphir, Gamma Virginis)

      Neptune aligned with Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      Pluto aligned with Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii), Shaula
      (Lambda Scorpii)

      Ceres aligned with Zubenalschemali (Beta Librae)

      Juno aligned with Algenib (Gamma Pegasi)

      Chiron aligned with Dabih (Beta Capricorni) and Giedi
      Prima (Alpha Capricorni)

      North Node aligned with Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

      South Node aligned with Foramen (Eta Carinae)

      also

      Uranus aligned with Situla (Kappa Aquarii)

      Pluto aligned with Beta Arae and Grumium (Xi Draconis)

      Ceres aligned with Zubenalhakrabi (Nu Librae) and
      Alpha Muscae

      Pallas aligned with Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum
      Venaticorum)

      Juno aligned with Erakis (Mu Cephei)

      Vesta aligned with Alpha Horologii

      The news here in the US seems to be mostly about "the
      runaway bride" from Georgia;

      a group of men in Massachusetts accused of taking a
      cache of old currency they found while working on
      someone's property without notifying the property
      owner as the law required;

      the wars in the US Senate over filibustering of
      judicial nominations and the John Bolton confirmation
      hearings; the continuing woes of Tom DeLay;

      probably illegal efforts by Florida Child Protective
      Services to block a 13-year-old girl in foster care in
      Palm Beach County from having an abortion;

      two teenage South Carolina boys rescued off the North
      Carolina coast after six days adrift at sea in a small
      boat;

      Pope Benedict XVI getting settled into his new office
      and quarters;

      the 30th anniversary of the fall of Saigon and the
      60th anniversary of the death of Hitler;

      and several trials of several US soldiers accused of
      human-rights violations against Iraqis (and one
      accused of murdering his own comrades).

      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2005
        <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
        > Jupiter aligned with Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis),

        "Gives falsity, disgrace, stealing, wanton folly, and often causes its
        natives to become widows."

        Jupiter + Vindemiatrix: "Trouble through law or Church, much
        criticism, many journeys." (Robson)

        > Porrima (aka Caphir, Gamma Virginis)

        "Gives a courteous, refined and lovable character with prophetic
        instincts."

        Jupiter + Porrima: "Trouble through legal affairs or with the Church,
        disputes over inheritance, domestic disharmony through intrigue and
        consequent scandal." [Robson]

        > Neptune aligned with Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

        Keywords for Sualocin gleaned from Bernadette's fixed star book:

        "tantalizing, a tease, a guide, mastery or confidence of mastery of
        one's environment, natural talent, curiosity, playfulness"

        > Pluto aligned with Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii), Shaula
        > (Lambda Scorpii)

        Situated close together on the stinger of the Scorpion and often read
        together.

        "It gives danger, desperation, immorality and malevolence, and is
        connected with acid poisons." (Robson, who mentions Lesath but not Shaula)

        > Ceres aligned with Zubenalschemali (Beta Librae)

        "It gives good fortune, high ambition, beneficence, honor, riches, and
        permanent happiness." (Robson)

        > Juno aligned with Algenib (Gamma Pegasi)

        "It gives notoriety, dishonor, violence, misfortune, and denotes the
        naked and poor professional beggar." (Robson)

        > Chiron aligned with Dabih (Beta Capricorni) and Giedi
        > Prima (Alpha Capricorni)

        Dabih: "...a tendency to melancholy."--Larousse Encyclopedia of Astrology.

        "...its affects [sic] are similar to the star Giedi [Prima]."--*The
        Fixed Stars: Health and Behavior Imbalances*, by Ted Parker and
        Barbara George (1985, Arthur Publications, Jacksonville)

        (Does anybody else see Dabih this way?)

        Giedi Prima: "Gives beneficence, sacrifice, and offering." (Robson)

        > North Node aligned with Baten Kaitos (Zeta Ceti)

        "The Saturnine properties, such as inhibition, reserve, caution,
        solitude and simplicity often are forced onto...people, either by a
        mundane or a higher power. Sometimes ideas are propagated which make
        life for the native trying or troublesome. To such persons, fate is
        usually one of change. People influenced thus tend to depression or
        dwell on the thought of death. Life often is full of humiliation and
        renunciation and obstacles." (Ebertin and Hoffman)

        > South Node aligned with Foramen (Eta Carinae)

        "It causes peril, dignity, piety, usefulness and acquisitiveness, and
        gives danger to the eyes." (Robson)

        > also
        >
        > Uranus aligned with Situla (Kappa Aquarii)

        In the stream of water Aquarius is pouring out of his jar. Situla
        means "the bucket."

        > Pluto aligned with Beta Arae

        Ara: "It is said to give aptness in science, egoism, devotion and a
        love of ecclesiastical matters."

        (does this sound like a certain doctor turned US senator from Tennessee?)

        >and Grumium (Xi Draconis)

        marks the place where the Dragon's beard would be if it had one.
        ("'Tis most unkind of thee/To pluck me by the beard."--Shakespeare,
        *King Lear*; Gloucester to Regan [possible misquote])

        > Ceres aligned with Zubenalhakrabi (Nu Librae)

        In the southern weighing pan of Libra, possible Mercury influence
        according to Anne Wright

        >and
        > Alpha Muscae

        Musca: "It gives a capricious, fickle, pleasure-loving, changeable,
        but industrious nature." (Robson)

        > Pallas aligned with Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum
        > Venaticorum)

        In Canes Venatici, the Hunting Dogs, which represent two dogs,
        Asterion and Chara, held on a leash by Bootes the Herdsman, chasing
        the Bears.

        "This constellation gives a love of hunting and a penetrating mind,
        making those born under it faithful, keen, clever and fond of
        speculation." (Robson)

        Cor Caroli ("Heart of Charles" in Latin), named for England's King
        Charles II, marks the collar of the dog Chara ("the dear one").

        > Juno aligned with Erakis (Mu Cephei)

        Cepheus: "It gives authority and a sober mind, sometimes making its
        natives judges or arbitrators, but exposes to cruel and severe
        trials." (Robson)

        I think Erakis is the star known as "The Garnet Star" on account of
        its color.

        > Vesta aligned with Alpha Horologii

        Horologium (the Clock): "It is said to give a steady, patient and
        industrious nature, a well-stored mind and a fondness for history."
        (Robson)

        > The news here in the US seems to be mostly about "the
        > runaway bride" from Georgia;
        >
        > a group of men in Massachusetts accused of taking a
        > cache of old currency they found while working on
        > someone's property without notifying the property
        > owner as the law required;
        >
        > the wars in the US Senate over filibustering of
        > judicial nominations and the John Bolton confirmation
        > hearings; the continuing woes of Tom DeLay;
        >
        > probably illegal efforts by Florida Child Protective
        > Services to block a 13-year-old girl in foster care in
        > Palm Beach County from having an abortion;
        >
        > two teenage South Carolina boys rescued off the North
        > Carolina coast after six days adrift at sea in a small
        > boat;
        >
        > Pope Benedict XVI getting settled into his new office
        > and quarters;
        >
        > the 30th anniversary of the fall of Saigon and the
        > 60th anniversary of the death of Hitler;
        >
        > and several trials of several US soldiers accused of
        > human-rights violations against Iraqis (and one
        > accused of murdering his own comrades).

        Also:

        The movie adaptation of Douglas Adams' *The Hitchhikers' Guide To The
        Galaxy* has come out.

        Tom Cruise is dating Katie Holmes.

        And: you all may be aware that the right wing in America is furious
        that judges, both state and federal, have ruled against them on a
        variety of issues. I just read a news story about Pat Robertson making
        yet another over-the-top pronouncement on *The 700 Club*: this time,
        he said that federal judges are a worse threat to America than al-Qaeda.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2005
          --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

          > Dabih:
          >
          > "...its affects [sic] are similar to the star Giedi
          > [Prima]."--*The
          > Fixed Stars: Health and Behavior Imbalances*, by Ted
          > Parker and
          > Barbara George (1985, Arthur Publications,
          > Jacksonville)
          >

          > Giedi Prima: "Gives beneficence, sacrifice, and
          > offering." (Robson)

          Does anybody else see Dabih this way?

          Mark A. Holmes

          Yahoo! Mail