Letters to the Assyrian Kings

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2007
      From Skyscript,

      Simo Parpola's 'Letters from Assyrian Scholars to the Kings Esarhaddon
      and Assurbanipal', in two hardcover volumes.

      It has just been reprinted within the last month as I write, priced at
      $152.10 if bought directly from the publisher. Doesn't seem yet to be
      available on Amazon or from any other source. I stumbled on it purely
      by chance today. It seems to run to 883 pages plus more than enough
      prefatory pages to take that over 900, at least somewhat justifying
      the heavy price-tag, and first to have been published sequentially in
      the 1970s (Volume I) and 1980s (Volume II)
      https://www.eisenbrauns.com/ECOM/_26B0TN3SB.HTM

      may have to invest in this myself, even at the outrageous price.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2007
        Damn. Maybe if you do buy it, you can do us a favor
        and scan it into a Word document or PDF file and
        upload it to the Files section, if it's not going to
        violate anybody's copyright.

        Mark A. Holmes