Re: Fixed star alignments (August 19, 2007)

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

      > Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go anywhere on a ship,
      > it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails Catch the wind or
      > keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be used to direct
      > ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.
      >
      > Missb

      Yeah, there's concern about the sub-prime credit collapse dragging the
      US economy into recession, which might fit what you're describing. And
      also there's the latest attempt by the Republicans to steal elections
      for Jesus ("rigger"). Since you're in California, I guess you've heard
      about it: the proposed referendum to redo the way California assigns
      its electoral votes, which sounds more attractive than tailor-making
      congressional districts to suit the party controlling the legislature
      in mid-decade like what was crammed down our throats here in Texas
      four years ago. But it would probably take maybe 20 electoral votes
      away from the Democratic candidate for president, and likely hand
      future presidential elections to whoever the Republicans nominate
      barring a major political earthquake like the one last year.

      Mark A. Holmes