Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Fixed star alignments (August 19, 2007)

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

      > Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go
      > anywhere on a ship,
      > it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails
      > Catch the wind or
      > keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be
      > used to direct
      > ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.

      Yeah. The sail known as the jib is at the front of a
      ship. "Cut of one's jib" is an expression having to do
      with the initial impression one gives to others.

      Mark A. Holmes

      http://tv.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

        > Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go anywhere on a ship,
        > it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails Catch the wind or
        > keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be used to direct
        > ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.
        >
        > Missb

        Yeah, there's concern about the sub-prime credit collapse dragging the
        US economy into recession, which might fit what you're describing. And
        also there's the latest attempt by the Republicans to steal elections
        for Jesus ("rigger"). Since you're in California, I guess you've heard
        about it: the proposed referendum to redo the way California assigns
        its electoral votes, which sounds more attractive than tailor-making
        congressional districts to suit the party controlling the legislature
        in mid-decade like what was crammed down our throats here in Texas
        four years ago. But it would probably take maybe 20 electoral votes
        away from the Democratic candidate for president, and likely hand
        future presidential elections to whoever the Republicans nominate
        barring a major political earthquake like the one last year.

        Mark A. Holmes