Re: [thefixedstars] Chernobyl

  • Martina
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2005
      Hi all,.. (finally have a wee bit of time here,..)
      the Chernobyl chart is one I've been thinking about for years.
      I think the set off point is Asc-Uranus-Zeus= Pluto-SUN-Vertex
      (90 dial) (Sun as the "day" I guess) so the stars added to it are pretty
      exciting.

      You've put in a lot to ponder Diana!!!!
      Looks like an accident waiting to happen, doesn't it??

      The reason Chernobyl is so interesting to me though, (besides being
      something we all want to avoid in the future!!)
      is because I "saw" it when it was happening,... (too bad I didn't see the
      show,...)
      3 nights of mayhem in my dreams starting with a container
      full of sparkles that I was told was "the ambient power of the universe"
      (and just about froze my blood
      when I saw this exact description for it),... the sparkles get faster and
      all of a sudden all hell breaks loose
      with people running from the building, screaming, people passing passing out
      from an invisible "something"
      ending with a fire so intense it melted concrete. I was stuck in this dream
      3 nights running, and went back there
      everynight,.. it was so intense I knew it must be a "real event" and I was
      completely horrified that I couldn't get away.
      I didn't pinpoint the place, actually Russia didn't even occur to me,....
      but I thought "northern Europe" somehow because of the accents. I did figure
      out it must be nuclear somehow though (the brain tends to interpret things,
      doesn't it?) It stopped when Chernobyl finally hit the news in the west,...
      the third day. I looked for pictures of the people, trying to see if any of
      them matched up to my dream, and in a TIME magazine, there was a cutaway
      schematic of the "container" that I saw (except mine was made of glass and I
      could see the reaction) I couldn't find any pictures of the people,
      unfortunately. If I saw them now, I doubt I'd recognize anyone anyways.

      No, I don't have experiences like this too often. (thank God!!) But it was
      so intense, I've been wondering about it for years,.. what set it off??

      But it gets a little weirder yet,.... as it turns out,... Mothman and UFO
      sighting were happening at the same time there.
      Its only been the last few years I ran into Uranian astro and added TNPs,..
      of course,.. the MC and POSIEDON are conj,...
      (and midpoints to that MC are chilling,... Admetus/Apollon (spreading
      death), Apollon/Astraea (many "witnesses" ) Admetus/Vulcanus (kind of a
      spreading reaction that takes out everything in its path) Since I'm not
      particularly prone to be in touch with world events, no matter how awful, I
      think Posiedon was responsible for more than just me tuning in,.. I'm
      assuming that many people did. (though still can't quite figure out in
      synastry why it happened to me)
      So assuming that MC-Posiedon is responsible for some real weirdness I get

      Aspects to Pos 27 Li14 _10 0'
      Pll _10 24' BATEN KAITOS laziness, charitable
      Pll _10 ' HAN passionate, blindly good_heart
      Cnj 27 Li55 IZAR prosperity from work.

      (from my starfile, which might be slightly wrong) Is there anything about
      those stars to explain the strange extra mysteries around Chernobyl,.. other
      than Posiedon itself?

      There are some interesting other points that might have something to do with
      it,.. on Nodes (other people) is Zeus-A, (a strike, a force), Achilles (weak
      point), Pythia ( prediction, though not nessesarily getting it "right") and
      Osiris (breaking in pieces) ,... its across from Juno Rx and Vesta, House Rx
      ( sort of also suggests that there wasn't enough money available to maintain
      the place properly)

      Chernobyl itself,... EINSTIEN on the Aries Pt,.... with asteroid Fortuna (a
      change in fortune) , MC-Posiedon / Photographica (in this case,...x-rays),
      Posiedon-A, Paradise, Hades. (Paradise seems to be appropriately placed
      quite often in death charts. That was a surprise to me.) Also Sun/Moon,
      Pluto/Moon, Admetus/Hygiea.
      Einstien usually pretty prominent with other nuclear events as well

      Einstien was actually at 0 Cancer,....
      Checking online gave me-

      Yilden (It is said to give indifference and improvidence of spirit and to
      lead to many troubles. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew
      letter Tau and the 21st Tarot Trump "The Universe", "The World". (Robson).

      MENKALINAN-General influence of the star: It causes ruin, disgrace, and
      frequently violent death. (Robson).

      Hmm,... that really sounds as if proper attention was not paid to the
      reactor, doesn't it?? Although how much is enough when it comes to those
      things?? With the three mile island meltdown do we really know enough to
      keep these things that safe at all?? Seems stupid when there are so many
      safer alternatives these days.

      I'm not paying attention to rise-set thingies that SF can give you,... still
      not getting what that's all about, but I'm sure there's some amazing info
      there too,.... (thingies ???? Okay, not incredibly technical here,.. )

      I'm really going to have to look at those other stars you listed re other
      nuclear events when I get the chance. As usual, Diana,... your post is a
      real "saver"!!!! Completely hair-raising! :-)

      Would there be any stars that deal specifically with illusion/delusion/
      weird stuff like seeing ghosts, monsters or UFOs?? I'm lumping UFOs in with
      this because theres something peculiar about so many sightings,.. black
      helicopters, men in black, missing time, predictions given that only half
      come true,.. almost as if they are trying to debunk themselves (or geez, who
      knows,.. some weird government thing) Whos going to believe someone landing
      in your backyard and serving you pancakes??? I loved the Spielburg serial
      (was it called "Missing"??) He managed to get a lot of the weirdness in
      there,.... obviously something he's been interested in for a long time.

      Martina
    • Diana K. Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2005

        Martina wrote:

        >The reason Chernobyl is so interesting to me though,
        >(besides being
        >something we all want to avoid in the future!!) is because I
        >"saw" it when it was happening,... (too bad I didn't see the
        >show,...) 3 nights of mayhem in my dreams starting with a
        >container full of sparkles that I was told was "the ambient
        >power of the universe" (and just about froze my blood when I
        >saw this exact description for it),... the sparkles get
        >faster and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose with people
        >running from the building, screaming, people passing passing
        >out from an invisible "something" ending with a fire so
        >intense it melted concrete. I was stuck in this dream 3
        >nights running, and went back there everynight,.. it was so
        >intense I knew it must be a "real event" and I was
        >completely horrified that I couldn't get away. I didn't
        >pinpoint the place, actually Russia didn't even occur to
        >me,.... but I thought "northern Europe" somehow because of
        >the accents. I did figure out it must be nuclear somehow
        >though (the brain tends to interpret things, doesn't it?) It
        >stopped when Chernobyl finally hit the news in the west,...
        >the third day. I looked for pictures of the people, trying
        >to see if any of them matched up to my dream, and in a TIME
        >magazine, there was a cutaway schematic of the "container"
        >that I saw (except mine was made of glass and I could see
        >the reaction) I couldn't find any pictures of the people,
        >unfortunately. If I saw them now, I doubt I'd recognize
        >anyone anyways.

        This is all fascinating - what a remarkable experience!

        I once saw a documentary that included film (color) taken by
        a robot sent into the depths of the Chernobyl reactor - so
        radioactive that no human, no matter how protected, can go
        there. It was fascinating, because it looked like melted red
        glass!

        >But it gets a little weirder yet,.... as it turns out,... Mothman and UFO
        sighting were happening at the same time there.
        Its only been the last few years I ran into Uranian astro and added TNPs,..
        of course,.. the MC and POSIEDON are conj,...
        (and midpoints to that MC are chilling,... Admetus/Apollon (spreading
        death), Apollon/Astraea (many "witnesses" ) Admetus/Vulcanus (kind of a
        spreading reaction that takes out everything in its path) Since I'm not
        particularly prone to be in touch with world events, no matter how awful, I
        think Posiedon was responsible for more than just me tuning in,.. I'm
        assuming that many people did. (though still can't quite figure out in
        synastry why it happened to me)
        So assuming that MC-Posiedon is responsible for some real weirdness I get

        >Aspects to Pos 27 Li14 _10 0'
        Pll _10 24' BATEN KAITOS laziness, charitable
        Pll _10 ' HAN passionate, blindly good_heart
        Cnj 27 Li55 IZAR prosperity from work.

        Not sure what you are doing here - how do Baten Kaitos and
        Han aspect Poseidon? Saturn is aligned with Han, but
        there's nothing at Baten Kaitos.

        >(from my starfile, which might be slightly wrong) Is there anything about
        those stars to explain the strange extra mysteries around Chernobyl,.. other
        than Posiedon itself?

        Neptune and Jupiter were aspecting the heliocentric nodes of
        Uranus (14 Gemini-Sag)

        >There are some interesting other points that might have something to do with
        it,.. on Nodes (other people) is Zeus-A, (a strike, a force), Achilles (weak
        point), Pythia ( prediction, though not nessesarily getting it "right") and
        Osiris (breaking in pieces) ,... its across from Juno Rx and Vesta, House Rx
        ( sort of also suggests that there wasn't enough money available to maintain
        the place properly)

        >Chernobyl itself,... EINSTIEN on the Aries Pt,.... with asteroid Fortuna (a
        change in fortune) , MC-Posiedon / Photographica (in this case,...x-rays),
        Posiedon-A, Paradise, Hades. (Paradise seems to be appropriately placed
        quite often in death charts. That was a surprise to me.) Also Sun/Moon,
        Pluto/Moon, Admetus/Hygiea.
        Einstien usually pretty prominent with other nuclear events as well

        >Einstien was actually at 0 Cancer,....
        Checking online gave me-

        >Yilden (It is said to give indifference and improvidence of spirit and to
        lead to many troubles. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew
        letter Tau and the 21st Tarot Trump "The Universe", "The World". (Robson).

        It's Yildun, Delta Ursae Minoris:

        Chi2 Orionis w/Chi1, sword (or club) tip 0CA55 - 3 18 20 08 6 04 4.63 B2 Ia
        Lunar Mansions: India: probably a star of Ardra “The Moist One,” (see Betelgeuze, 28 Gemini)
        1 Geminorum toe of Castor's left foot 0CA57 - 0 10 23 16 6 04 4.16 gG5
        Yildun Delta Ursae Minoris in tail 1CA12 69 57 86 35 17 32 4.36 A1
        40 Aurigae Charioteer’s right forearm 1CA20 15 03 38 29 6 07 5.35 A3
        In China’s Tso-Ki, The Headquarters’ Standard, representing class distinctions; rigidly hierarchi-
        cal, Chinese were classified according to rank and age. This was the banner or standard that
        identified each chief, showing his rank and place; also ruled proper observation of rites.
        Theta Leporis Hare’s rump 1CA54 -38 22 -14 56 6 06 4.67 A0 n
        M35 Gem (in Castor) NGC2168 nr left ft 2CA02 0 55 24 20 6 09 5.1 OC

        Also here: Mu Orionis (0CA37) in Orion’s upper right arm; 40
        Draconis (0CA37) beneath the curve under the Dragon’s head;
        Open Cluster (NGC2127, 0CA14) under Castor’s left foot; stars
        above Auriga, the Charioteer’s right shoulder and in his
        upper right arm and head (36, 39, 41: 0CA11, 0CA59, 2CA07).
        Modern: 37 Cameleopardalis (1CA35), a star in the left
        forehoof of the Giraffe. This set runs from 0CA27 to 2CA34.

        “I wish to have no connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm’s way.”
        -Capt John Paul Jones (Venus here), Nov 16, 1778, letter to le Ray de Chaumont

        Here at the edge of the great river of stars that is an arm
        of our “Milky Way” galaxy, Castor’s left foot steps into the
        waters of time, probing its depths for answers to eternal
        mysteries. The stars of the Gemini Twins start here, as do
        the Summer Solstices of the 20th and 21st centuries – the
        first in man’s history to attempt the control and limitation
        of warfare. The overlay of tropical Cancer upon the original
        sky-figure of the Twins (guardians of those in peril on the
        sea) presents a difficult inner conflict to those born under
        them; the tropical sign of Cancer wants safety, security, a
        sheltered sanctuary; in contrast, the original Twins (as
        described in the Greek myths) were athletic champions,
        roisterous adventurers, cattle thieves, sea-faring
        argonauts, military heroes. This divergence often leaves
        these people at war with themselves, and it is the task of
        those born under these stars to find a way to reconcile
        these conflicting impulses, and, using the good offices of
        the Charioteer, take the reins of life in their hands.
        Loving excitement, some become “armchair adventurers” who
        create or thrill vicariously to stories, films, myth,
        mysticism, art, music and theatre; others transmute love of
        home to love of homeland, and become superpatriots, military
        heroes, athletic champions or take on secret missions,
        working behind the scenes “in harm’s way” as spies or secret
        agents. Gutsy, unconventional, no-nonsense realists and
        natural skeptics, original and intensely independent, they
        ignore authority and think for themselves, yet are keenly
        aware of rank and “pecking order.” Militant, obsessive,
        aggressive, striving to attain top honors, they can be
        selfish, cynical, ruthless and may overreach themselves
        and/or be drawn into dishonesty. Always, under the Twins,
        there are sibling issues, and on a larger scale, the great
        concerns of race, ethnicity, religion, and the
        brother-and-sisterhood of humankind. Other issues here
        include severity vs self-indulgence; personal gratification
        vs self-denial, self-discipline; control and power over self
        and others, honesty, integrity vs expedience, conniving, and
        deceit, and generosity vs greed. Eye problems, mental or
        emotional instability, wounds. Storms, transportation
        disasters, fires, assassinations; smog, poisoned air;
        salvation or destruction of ancient knowledge; animal
        attacks, animal events

        >MENKALINAN-General influence of the star: It causes ruin, disgrace, and
        >frequently violent death. (Robson).

        From my Workbook: position 1980; for 2000, add 17'

        Menkalinan Beta Aurigae 29GE38 21 30 44 56 5 58 1.90 A2 IV
        Charioteer’s right shoulder

        Structurally inclined; inner beauty, form, texture of things
        fascinates them; powerful use of, and response to, words and
        their rhythms. Many drawn to art, literature, poetry,
        theater. Put nature on a pedestal, study it, want to be part
        of it; nothing artificial is acceptable. Lives are rarely
        peaceful: may experience desperation, stress, sometimes
        actual fight for survival, mental (some insanity),
        emotional, or physical (sometimes through challenges they
        themselves have sought). Search for perfection. Expect
        others to respect them, & expect much of themselves.
        Personal freedom important to them. Issues of repression vs
        struggle for human rights, concern or indifference for
        rights of others; Eruptions, devastation, shipwreck, air
        crashes, forced evacuations, dispersion.

        literary, artistic, musical charming controlling, dictatorial
        skilled in arts long to be noticed, admired greedy, manipulative
        rational, capable, curious perfectionist, persistent unstable

        Dig the "forced evacuations"!

        >Hmm,... that really sounds as if proper attention was not paid to the
        reactor, doesn't it?? Although how much is enough when it comes to those
        things?? With the three mile island meltdown do we really know enough to
        keep these things that safe at all?? Seems stupid when there are so many
        safer alternatives these days.

        Yes!

        >Would there be any stars that deal specifically with illusion/delusion/
        weird stuff like seeing ghosts, monsters or UFOs?? I'm lumping UFOs in with
        this because theres something peculiar about so many sightings,.. black
        helicopters, men in black, missing time, predictions given that only half
        come true,.. almost as if they are trying to debunk themselves (or geez, who
        knows,.. some weird government thing) Whos going to believe someone landing
        in your backyard and serving you pancakes??? I loved the Spielburg serial
        (was it called "Missing"??) He managed to get a lot of the weirdness in
        there,.... obviously something he's been interested in for a long time.

        Yes! There is a ghost-and-UFO area - it's the original Crab,
        which is now tropical Leo, and the Vertex of the Chernobyl
        disaster chart is there!

        From the book:

        The crab, like the tortoise, is an amphibious creature
        living at the water's edge (Manilius and Ovid called the
        Crab litoreus (shore-inhabiting) and (like the Egyptian
        scarab beetle), a crab has the symbolic function of
        devouring that which is transitory, thus contributing to the
        moral and physical regeneration of the temporal world. These
        lunar creatures are aspects of the Great Mother as the Lady
        of Waters, and their protective shells are associated with
        the embryo, womb, mother, and the unconscious. Because
        developing crabs shed their shells, they are symbols of
        resurrection and renewal. In Platonist, Orphic and Chaldean
        philosophy, this constellation was the "Gate of Men," the
        point of entry for reincarnating souls. Porphyry, in “In the
        Caves of the Nymphs” (300 BCE) stated that “souls that
        descend from the heavens to become incarnate on Earth pass
        through the celestial gate of Cancer and upon completion of
        their life cycle return to the heavens through the gate of
        Capricornus” (it is interesting in this context that the
        ancient Chinese called this area Koui, the "ghosts" or
        "spirits").

        I've also found that UFO events occur with placements in the
        Crab!

        CANCER, THE CRAB Approx span in tropical degrees (1980)
        based on IAU boundaries: 25.75 Can - 20 Leo; span of major
        stars: 27.9 Can - 17 Leo.

        Love, Diana
      • Martina
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2005
          Wow Diana,....

          > >Aspects to Pos 27 Li14 _10 0'
          > Pll _10 24' BATEN KAITOS laziness, charitable
          > Pll _10 ' HAN passionate, blindly good_heart
          > Cnj 27 Li55 IZAR prosperity from work.

          > Not sure what you are doing here - how do Baten Kaitos and
          > Han aspect Poseidon? Saturn is aligned with Han, but
          > there's nothing at Baten Kaitos.

          Pll is SF's shorthand for "parallel" (groan,... I still haven't figured out
          how they get there,..
          or how important parallels are,... though I think they are supposed to be as
          important as what they call "conj")
          And the robot sees it as "red" ??? Funny, the movies have it all wrong,..
          they usually seem to have a bilious green for radiation,.. :-)

          > Neptune and Jupiter were aspecting the heliocentric nodes of
          > Uranus (14 Gemini-Sag)

          Not sure how to find those,.. but assuming that would be sort of like
          Uranian methods,...
          combination of Ne-Ju energies result or are a part of an outrageous over the
          top Uranus??
          Big "sudden" meltdown? Nep usually considered "deceptive",... there was
          certainly a damn good try
          at covering it up for a few days as well,... before they realized it was too
          beyond them to clean up,...
          Nep as just plain weird,.... well, certainly has that going for it too,....
          Jup is easy ,... "big",.......

          > It's Yildun, Delta Ursae Minoris:
          Always, under the Twins,
          > there are sibling issues, and on a larger scale, the great
          > concerns of race, ethnicity, religion, and the
          > brother-and-sisterhood of humankind. Other issues here
          > include severity vs self-indulgence; personal gratification
          > vs self-denial, self-discipline; control and power over self
          > and others, honesty, integrity vs expedience, conniving, and
          > deceit, and generosity vs greed. Eye problems, mental or
          > emotional instability, wounds. Storms, transportation
          > disasters, fires, assassinations; smog, poisoned air;
          > salvation or destruction of ancient knowledge; animal
          > attacks, animal events

          Yes,.. I can see that,.. Einstien as an energy disaster cauisng first
          coverups, denials, then
          pleas for help,... (which was speedily offered,...) The "poisioned air" gets
          me too,....
          disaster for sure!!

          > Menkalinan Beta Aurigae 29GE38 21 30 44 56 5 58 1.90 A2
          IV
          > Charioteer’s right shoulder
          > Dig the "forced evacuations"!

          No kidding,.... and there are still people living in the area, farming
          poisioned land
          that have refused to leave, even after all their neighbours died from
          various cancers,....

          > Yes! There is a ghost-and-UFO area - it's the original Crab,
          > which is now tropical Leo, and the Vertex of the Chernobyl
          > disaster chart is there!

          How cool is that??
          Pluto aspecting that Vertex too,... and Mothman is sort of an "underworld"
          character,.. he shows up where there are disasters and deaths,...
          also Odysseus ( outcasts, short trips,.. the poor inhabitants were "driven
          out",...) and the Sun,.. all across from the Asc-Uranus-Zeus,..
          You know,.. I think you hit it on the head there,.... (!!!) (and so the
          thought is,.. if there is something important
          there that is connecting up with other things,.. it IS singing all the way
          down the line,..)

          I still am not sure what in my chart made me open to it, but I had a few
          other experiences in that time
          period that have always puzzled the daylights out of me,... My Moon and
          Neptune were on the Aries Pt
          for the preceding SR, so maybe somehow it opened me to some world events,...
          (though not as bad as Chernobyl)
          and also a few frightening "spirit" type things. Mostly scary stuff,.... (no
          UFOs though,... that would have been too interesting!!) I'm convinced one
          of these days I'll find the synastry of that event,.. but nothing has
          whacked me over the head with a definite Eureka!!!
          I've had strange experiences on and off,.. but nothing like the run around
          that time. And if I ever encounter
          Mothman, I'm NOT sticking around to see what the disaster is!! I'll have to
          keep an eye on that area for "weirdness" after this. hehe,.. makes me
          almost wish I was a little more prone to it!! I had a friend whose house
          used to get trashed by poltergiests from time to time,... I wonder if I can
          find his chart,... (pre my computer era,..)

          As usual, dear Diana,.. you've given me goodies to chew on,....
          (and if I find more ghosts and weirdies,.. I'll pass them on!!)

          Love,
          Martina
          Message 4 of 8 , May 19, 2005
            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "celestejamerson"
            .
            > I was just reading today on Maya del Mar's Daykeeper Journal site
            that
            > there will be an occultation of Antares by the moon on May 24th,
            2005.

            We've got a situation in Washington. Bush has nominated a bunch of
            people for federal judgeships that he knows perfectly well the
            Democrats don't like (typical for him--don't work with the
            opposition, ram your agenda down their throats). US Senator Bill
            Frist (Republican of Tennessee), the Senate Majority Leader, Bush's
            agent in the Senate on this, is threatening to change the chamber's
            rules in conjunction with Dick Cheney (who as Vice President
            presides over the Senate) to eliminate the minority's ability to
            block the nomination of federal judges and allow judges to be
            confirmed with a simple majority. This is not what the American
            people want, according to recent polls; Bush, Cheney and Frist are
            pressing forward with this nevertheless, and Frist is using
            propaganda beamed into church services to rally the Religious Right
            behind them. Frist's counterpart on the other side of the aisle, the
            Senate Minority Leader, Senator Harry Reid (Democrat of Nevada), is
            threatening to use other procedural tactics for sabotage if Frist
            pulls this thing off. Last I heard a bunch of Senators, both
            Republicans and Democrats, are frantically trying to work out a deal
            to keep this from happening.

            What Frist is proposing has been dubbed "the nuclear option."

            This situation is expected to come to a head within the next few
            days.

            Message 5 of 8 , May 21, 2005
              <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
              > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "celestejamerson"
              > <celestejamerson@y...> wrote:
              > > Dear Diana,
              > .
              > > I was just reading today on Maya del Mar's Daykeeper Journal site
              > that
              > > there will be an occultation of Antares by the moon on May 24th,
              > 2005.
              >

              > We've got a situation in Washington. Bush has nominated a bunch of
              > people for federal judgeships that he knows perfectly well the
              > Democrats don't like (typical for him--don't work with the
              > opposition, ram your agenda down their throats). US Senator Bill
              > Frist (Republican of Tennessee), the Senate Majority Leader, Bush's
              > agent in the Senate on this, is threatening to change the chamber's
              > rules in conjunction with Dick Cheney (who as Vice President
              > presides over the Senate) to eliminate the minority's ability to
              > block the nomination of federal judges and allow judges to be
              > confirmed with a simple majority. This is not what the American
              > people want, according to recent polls; Bush, Cheney and Frist are
              > pressing forward with this nevertheless, and Frist is using
              > propaganda beamed into church services to rally the Religious Right
              > behind them. Frist's counterpart on the other side of the aisle, the
              > Senate Minority Leader, Senator Harry Reid (Democrat of Nevada), is
              > threatening to use other procedural tactics for sabotage if Frist
              > pulls this thing off. Last I heard a bunch of Senators, both
              > Republicans and Democrats, are frantically trying to work out a deal
              > to keep this from happening.
              >
              > What Frist is proposing has been dubbed "the nuclear option."

              And it's not a proposal popular with the American public.

              http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2004/10/26/AR2005032201677.html

              "As the Senate moves toward a major confrontation over judicial
              appointments, a strong majority of Americans oppose changing the rules
              to make it easier for Republican leaders to win confirmation of
              President Bush's court nominees, according to the latest Washington
              Post-ABC News poll.

              "GOP leaders are threatening a rule change to prohibit the use of
              filibusters to block judicial nominees and have stepped up their
              criticism of the Democrats for using the tactic on some of Bush's
              nominees to the federal appellate courts. They say they are prepared
              to invoke what has become known as the 'nuclear option' to ensure that
              Bush's nominees receive an up-or-down vote on the Senate floor.

              "But by a 2 to 1 ratio, the public rejected easing Senate rules in a
              way that would make it harder for Democratic senators to prevent final
              action on Bush's nominees. Even many Republicans were reluctant to
              abandon current Senate confirmation procedures: Nearly half opposed
              any rule changes, joining eight in 10 Democrats and seven in 10
              political independents, the poll found."

              > This situation is expected to come to a head within the next few
              > days.

              The vote is set for Tuesday--May 24th.

              http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-fili21.html

              The day of the occultation.

              Mark A. Holmes
            • Heather
              Message 6 of 8 , May 22, 2005
                <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
                > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
                > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "celestejamerson"
                > > <celestejamerson@y...> wrote:
                > > > Dear Diana,
                > > .
                > > > I was just reading today on Maya del Mar's Daykeeper Journal site
                > > that
                > > > there will be an occultation of Antares by the moon on May 24th,
                > > 2005.
                > >

                > > We've got a situation in Washington. Bush has nominated a bunch of
                > > people for federal judgeships that he knows perfectly well the
                > > Democrats don't like (typical for him--don't work with the
                > > opposition, ram your agenda down their throats). US Senator Bill
                > > Frist (Republican of Tennessee), the Senate Majority Leader, Bush's
                > > agent in the Senate on this, is threatening to change the chamber's
                > > rules in conjunction with Dick Cheney (who as Vice President
                > > presides over the Senate) to eliminate the minority's ability to
                > > block the nomination of federal judges and allow judges to be
                > > confirmed with a simple majority. This is not what the American
                > > people want, according to recent polls;

                **The polls are fickle aren't they? You know why because the people
                are scared.

                Bush, Cheney and Frist are
                > > pressing forward with this nevertheless, and Frist is using
                > > propaganda beamed into church services to rally the Religious Right
                > > behind them. Frist's counterpart on the other side of the aisle, the
                > > Senate Minority Leader, Senator Harry Reid (Democrat of Nevada), is
                > > threatening to use other procedural tactics for sabotage if Frist
                > > pulls this thing off. Last I heard a bunch of Senators, both
                > > Republicans and Democrats, are frantically trying to work out a deal
                > > to keep this from happening.

                Such political posturing!

                > > What Frist is proposing has been dubbed "the nuclear option."
                >
                > And it's not a proposal popular with the American public.

                http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2004/10/26/AR2005032201677.html

                > "As the Senate moves toward a major confrontation over judicial
                > appointments, a strong majority of Americans oppose changing the rules
                > to make it easier for Republican leaders to win confirmation of
                > President Bush's court nominees, according to the latest Washington
                > Post-ABC News poll.
                >
                > "GOP leaders are threatening a rule change to prohibit the use of
                > filibusters to block judicial nominees and have stepped up their
                > criticism of the Democrats for using the tactic on some of Bush's
                > nominees to the federal appellate courts. They say they are prepared
                > to invoke what has become known as the 'nuclear option' to ensure that
                > Bush's nominees receive an up-or-down vote on the Senate floor.

                Unbelievable! that is why everyone has gone into hiding I think!

                > "But by a 2 to 1 ratio, the public rejected easing Senate rules in a
                > way that would make it harder for Democratic senators to prevent final
                > action on Bush's nominees. Even many Republicans were reluctant to
                > abandon current Senate confirmation procedures: Nearly half opposed
                > any rule changes, joining eight in 10 Democrats and seven in 10
                > political independents, the poll found."

                There are tricks all around, and the Democrats are falling for it I
                feel. People are too scared to move due to fear.

                > > This situation is expected to come to a head within the next few
                > > days.
                >

                > The vote is set for Tuesday--May 24th.
                >
                > http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-fili21.html
                >
                > The day of the occultation.

                Can you imagine what the vote is going to be on the day of
                occultation? Bit like having elections on a waning moon!!
                And we know plenty who have done that of late and succeeded.

                Heather