Re: Fixed star alignments (August 19, 2007)

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go anywhere on a ship,
      it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails Catch the wind or
      keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be used to direct
      ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.

      Missb

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
        --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

        > Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go
        > anywhere on a ship,
        > it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails
        > Catch the wind or
        > keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be
        > used to direct
        > ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.

        Yeah. The sail known as the jib is at the front of a
        ship. "Cut of one's jib" is an expression having to do
        with the initial impression one gives to others.

        Mark A. Holmes

        http://tv.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

          > Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go anywhere on a ship,
          > it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails Catch the wind or
          > keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be used to direct
          > ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.
          >
          > Missb

          Yeah, there's concern about the sub-prime credit collapse dragging the
          US economy into recession, which might fit what you're describing. And
          also there's the latest attempt by the Republicans to steal elections
          for Jesus ("rigger"). Since you're in California, I guess you've heard
          about it: the proposed referendum to redo the way California assigns
          its electoral votes, which sounds more attractive than tailor-making
          congressional districts to suit the party controlling the legislature
          in mid-decade like what was crammed down our throats here in Texas
          four years ago. But it would probably take maybe 20 electoral votes
          away from the Democratic candidate for president, and likely hand
          future presidential elections to whoever the Republicans nominate
          barring a major political earthquake like the one last year.

          Mark A. Holmes